Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Actually, It Is Your Parents' Fault: Why Your Romantic Relationship Isn't Working and How to Fix It
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

100%

on February 26, 2007
This is a fun self-help book that enables you to laugh at yourself while learning so much about your relationships with others. I related to the book and the author's advice on every level. Anyone interested in this book should also check out Van Munching's last best seller: "Boys Will Put you on a Pedastal, so They can look up your Skirt." Another incredibly written advice book that hits the nail on the head.
on March 28, 2007
An excellent book. Well written and hits home to a lot of 'family of orign' issues. I facilitate a 'divorce recovery' program and gave a copy to each person in the group. It helped them in identifying their part in the broken relationship better. It also allows them to not blame as much as to take responsibility and work for increased personal growth.
on February 9, 2013
This is the fourth copy of this book that I have bought , I've ended up lending my copies out to friends and then never getting them back. It's funny in places despite the subject matter and extremely well written. It has changed my life for the better in that I understand myself and what is driving me a lot better as a result of reading it . This book is different to other self help books in that it has two authors , one is a psychology professor and relationship counselor with years and years of experience and the other is an author by profession. the blend of the two inputs makes for a really engaging book hanging a lot of the psychology theory on situations we can all identify with. I think most people have heard of "freudian slips" but I for one didn't fully understand the significance of them - I certainly do now ! I have bought several other relationship self help books but this particular book is my absolute favourite. This is the best relationship self help book I have ever read ! without question and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Unfortunately I have noticed that it is getting increasingly hard to get hold of. Most recently I have had to resort to buying it from the USA and had it imported to my home in the UK and I therefore won't be letting my copy l
on August 8, 2010
looking at there's only 5 ratings seems like very few people have read this book or so that very few people recommends it but i bought this book anywayz and it was great! it's probably one of those books that haven't been discovered by many yet but it iss very good. maybe even better than Why Men Love Bitches. this book help you understand more about yourself based on how you were raised and your unconscious mind. the triggers that attracts you to someone and the same triggers that break you two appart.
on April 10, 2007
Easy read. Just like the authors suggested, you cannot get away from how your parents interactions both as a couple and as a parent affected you. You can instead take this thought provoking journey, recognize and do something about the "ahhhas" to stop the generational pull toward the negatives and identify the postives. Truly defines "you" are uniquely you.
on April 8, 2015
This book gets down to the very necessary basics of relationships. I learned a lot. Very insightful and fun to read. Kudos to the author.
on April 1, 2015
Hilarious and insightful. Philip Van Munching and Bernard Katz are great.
on April 8, 2015
Great insight. Helpful.
on April 5, 2007
I bought this for my daughter. I also got a second copy for myself. I have not been able to start reading it, but I was intrigued by interviews the author gave. I am looking forward to enjoying it soon.