Actuator, Injectors, Coils & EVAP Testing
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
NO-START 2 Series (DVD/Video)
(Actuator, Injector, Coil & EVAP Testing, without a smoke-machine)
Covering testing and functions (how it works) of the different actuators, including injectors, EGR systems, EVAP, IAC, Ignition Coils, COP, Solenoids. Also extensive coverage on TESTING EVAP system leaks, without a SMOKE MACHINE. The savings with this DVD set alone justifies its cost many times over. All examples are shown as hands- on video during a repair and full of CG Graphix or computer animations to make it easier to explain the different concepts. Completely updated for the 2011 version.
Here are its points of interest:
* Injector testing procedures. How to tell when this component is clogged by looking at its waveform.
* Injector ground control tests.
* Injector power feed and ECM driver response.
* Is it the ECM driver or is it the injector coil. How to tell and not guess at the repair.
* Go beyond the simple resistance test.
* Know how to tell when the ECM is not grounded properly by looking at the injector wave.
* Learn that by doing a voltage drop test, you gain good knowledge of the electrical problem at hand.
* Current ramping the injector. This is the best way to catch an injector problem.
* DRIVE-by-WIRE systems. How to test it and how they work. * Redundancy factors related to drive-by-wire systems.
* Learn to test the dual TPS and how to do it without a scanner. * The opposite nature of voltage change at the dual TPS. Why and how it affects the diagnostics.
* Redundant voltage reference and grounds. Why?
* What not to do when testing a drive-by-wire system.
* Minimum Air Rate adjustments and idle fault detection.
* Is your customer’s vehicle stalling with good spark, pulse, fuel pressure and can’t find what the problem is? Then this DVD is for you.
* Learn to do the long and complicated MAR adjustment.
* LDP diagnostics. The Leak Detection Pump is used on a wide array of makes and is sometimes difficult to test.
* How to use the LDP to your advantage.
* In-depth CG animations on its internal valve operation.
* How the LDP reed switch works.
* The operation of the one way valves and vacuum solenoid.
* The LDP vent valve and how to activate it. The pump procedure and manual LDP actuation.
* How to seal an LDP system.
* Learn how to test all EGR systems on the market.
* How to test EGR temperature sensor systems. What is a DPFE sensor. How to tell what’s wrong if you’ve replaced the sensor, but the code is still there.
* How is the DPFE restrictor going to affect your diagnostic and repair.
* Test EGR position sensor systems. What to do if an engine PINGS heavily, but no codes are found.
* When NOT to test an EGR system.
* Are you having vacuum hose and solenoid problems?
* How is a modern EVAP systems involved in EVAP leak NO-START 2 Series (DVD-Manual) detection and its importance in OBD-2.
* How to test any and all EVAP leaks, without a smoke machine, by using inexpensive tools.
* Use the same tactic that the ECM is using to detect an EVAP leak.
* The waiting period and inflating the EVAP system to the right pressures.
* Why is a smoke machine not practical to detect a leak, besides its cost.
* The water manometer. How much pressure is enough to test the EVAP system.
* The two main types of EVAP systems and complete procedures on their operation and test. All from a PRACTICAL, non-theoretical and no non-sense approach.
* Ignition coil operation and testing. From the DIS to the COP system.
* How to current ramp an ignition coil.
* Learn to tell if the coil is defective without doing major disassembly. Today’s engines are very cramped, don’t waste valuable time. Know what’s wrong without guessing. Is it the ICM, CRK sensor or coil.
* Exact and complete oscilloscope diagnostic routine for checking all coil.
* Duty-cycle and other ways to activate a solenoid.
* Solenoid power feed and ground tests.
When sold by Amazon.com, this product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|