Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Acuvar 50" Inch Aluminum Camera Tripod and Univers...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 32% off the $20.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Acuvar 50" Inch Aluminum Camera Tripod and Universal Smartphone Mount
|You Save:||$6.05 (30%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with all Apple iPhones, Samsung & Most Other Smartphones
- 50” inch tripod: lightweight and compact design
- Extends to 50” inches / Minimum Height: 15.5" / 3 section aluminum alloy legs
- Bubble level indicator / 3-way panhead with tilt motion
- Smartphone tripod mount: Easy attachment & padded grip to avoid cellphone damage / Measures: 2.5” x 2” x 1” inches with a maximum stretch of 3.4” inches for smartphones
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||3 x 3 x 15 inches|
|Item Weight||0.95 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
Pro Series 50 Inch Tripod
- Non slip feet and a bubble level indicator
- It has an adjustable center pole and comes with a water resistant carrying case.
- The tripod is lightweight and mobile with its aluminum alloy legs and a 3-way pan head.
Universal Smartphone mount
- Easy attachment
- Padded grip to avoid damage to your smartphone
- maximum stretch of 3.4” for smartphone Input
- Measures: 2.5” x 2” x 1” inches
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Especially effective when used dry to quickly and easily remove oil and fingerprints with just a swipe. Can also be used with or without cleaning solutions.
Top Customer Reviews
The short answer:
In spite of being excited upon receipt/ opening this tripod, it is a bit of a disappointment. While I can’t review what hasn’t happened yet, it is a fairly flimsy product. While I like a lot of the design, I just wish the thing felt sturdier. Overall I liked it and give it a tentative buy.
The longer review:
Things I liked:
The packaging was very good, making me excited to see how good this works! I thought I had found a hidden gem!
It comes with a nice little bag to carry it in, and set up was easy.
The legs lock fairly tightly, but easily, so it shouldn’t just collapse. There is a ‘stabilizer triad’ (my own word) in the center to keep the legs equidistant from each other; experience tells me this is an important design option.
The head has 3 axis of rotation, kind of standard on a tripod, but you know…
There is a bubble level for one axis, which is nice!
The smart phone mount (read ‘clamp) is better than other but still just OK.
The set-screw, while it had a good head on it for turning, believe it or not this is something to comment on, others don’t!
You get a microfiber cloth woo-hoo!
The price is fair, given the kit you are getting.
Things I did not like:
They use how light this is as a selling point…pretty smart marketing. But I don’t think it is a plus. I will not be trying it in winds much more than a gentle breeze, as it is so light and the stance so narrow I believe it will be blown over.
I have to say it. This thing feels a bit flimsy. I know it will hold up a cell phone, and don’t believe any camera would crush it, but anything much heavier than said phone will make it top heavy. That is concerning!
I really don’t like the ‘clamp’ cell phone holders. Although comparing others, this seems to be a good one, to use them you have to hold down the tripod while pulling up on the ‘clamp’ and placing the camera, (how many hands do they think I have?) there has to be a better way!
Things I hated:
There was nothing I ‘hated’ about this product, and even the ‘did not like’ things more than likely apply to similarly priced 50’’ tripods!
Restating my conclusion:
In spite of being excited upon receipt/opening this tripod, it is a bit of a disappointment. While I can’t review what hasn’t happened yet, it is a fairly flimsy product. While I like a lot of the design, I just wish the thing felt sturdier. Overall I liked it and give it a tentative buy.
I find myself buying way too many Amazon products attempting to find things that meet my needs. So I am shooting to become a 'vine' member. Please, if you like my review if you find it helpful let Amazon know by clicking ‘yes’ at the bottom. If not, let me know how I can improve!
1) Works with my iPhone 6 WITH the plastic case
2) Capable of working as document camera (well sort of). Because you need to spread open the base to stabilize the tripod, so if you bend the phone holder by 90 degrees, you are bounded to have two legs captured onto your screen. This is not ideal if you bought this tripod to turn your iPhone into a scanner (by using the Scanner Pro App); but it would be OKAY for making YouTube video. For this reason, I deduct one star for the review.
3) Yes, You can remove the phone holder and put camera on it
4) Comes with a carrying bag and a cleaning cloth. The carrying bag is definitely a plus to avoid scratching the tripod aluminum legs. Not sure what you can do with the cleaning cloth.
5) Come pre-assembled. Easy to remove/install the smartphone holder.
1) Doesn't look stable given its light weight; It's a two-edged sword. But as other has pointed out, you get what you paid for. So don't expect a rock solid tripod that you will feel comfortable putting your $1000+ Canon camera on it.
Overall, a reasonably priced tripod. I planned to use it to capture time-lapsed video, so this tripod is good enough for me. However, it should be sufficient for most general use (YouTuber, Selfie, etc.) and I would definitely recommend this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works with my IPhone and camera