Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Adagio Teas 30 oz. utiliTEA Variable Temperature E..." and save 22% off the $59.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Small Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Adagio Teas 30 oz. utiliTEA Variable Temperature Electric Kettle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Electric stainless-steel kettle with innovative temperature-control system
- Perfect for heating water to the right temperature for green and black teas
- Quickly heats up to 30 ounces of water; concealed heating element
- Cordless carafe; water-level gauge; power indicator light; flip-top lid button
- Measures approximately 8-1/5 by 6-4/5 by 9-1/5 inches
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Sleek stainless steel design matches any kitchen!
About Adagio Teas
Adagio Teas was founded in 1999 with the aim of providing consumers with unmatched quality and variety of teas. An international leader in the sale of premium teas and kitchenware, Adagio prides itself on striking the perfect balance between quality and affordability, ensuring our customers receive one of the best possible product every time. If you're serious about brewing the perfect cup, look no further and trust the experts at Adagio.
Adagio Teas 30 oz. utiliTEA Variable Temperature Electric Kettle
Streamline your morning routine with our utiliTEA variable temperature electric kettle! Designed by tea lovers for tea lovers, this handy kettle takes all the guesswork out of heating water on stovetops or in microwaves. From brewing tea or coffee to jump-starting a pot of boiling water, the utiliTEA can be an invaluable addition to any kitchen!
- High quality stainless steel construction
- Variable temperature settings; heat to whatever level you need with ease!
- Cordless carafe aligns with base at any angle, effortless to lift and replace
- Low profile design minimizes counter space while maximizing output
Don’t underestimate the importance of using the right water for your tea
One of the most common mistakes in tea brewing is steeping leaves in water that is too hot for too long. Black teas, herbal teas, and dark oolongs can stand up to true boiling (212°F) and require that heat to release their full flavor. But green teas, light oolongs, and white teas are far more delicate, requiring a cooler 180°F to avoid bitterness and astringency, which is far more difficult to achieve by guessing with a stovetop kettle.
Designed with the tea drinker in mind, but a great addition to any kitchen
Also appropriate for coffee lovers who are serious about their brewing temperatures, our utiliTea electric kettle takes all the guesswork out of heating water, providing you with the perfect cup every time! Combine it with one of our other great products below to make the whole process a breeze!
|Type||Electric Kettle||Electric Kettle||Infuser/Teapot||Infuser/Teapot||Travel Mug w/Infuser|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Tritan Plastic (BPA Free)||Ceramic||Stainless Steel|
|Variable Temperature Control||✓||✓|
Green tea lovers no longer have to struggle to achieve the optimal steeping temperature, while darker tea drinkers can still expect impeccably boiling water. With an innovative temperature control system, this versatile device can heat to your preference. At last, an all-inclusive kettle for heating water for the perfect pot of tea. This durable stainless steel kettle is a must-have for tea lovers of all kinds. Perfect for foodservice, restaurant and other professional industrial uses. Bulk pricing available through Adagio Wholesale. Made in China. 30 oz (1L).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's reliable. It boils water quickly. It does a decent job of temperature control so you can use it to brew tea from white/green to black without having to use a thermometer to test the water.
Mine died today. The heating element and temperature controls still work. But the latch on the lid has worn out and it will no longer open/close. I have not had any other issue with this kettle.
There are some cons. The opening is rather small so cleaning the interior requires a smaller hand or a bottle-type brush. The temperature control is not extremely precise, but it's close enough for me to get appropriate temperatures for the type of tea I'm brewing. The lack of precision in the temperature wouldn't make a true tea connoisseur happy. It's lower capacity than most--just less than a quart. But I prefer my tea and coffee fresh so I don't brew more than a cup or two at a time.
After carefully researching all the temperature controlled kettles I can find in all price ranges and brands, I'm purchasing another Adagio as soon as it is back in stock.
If you look at the percentages of 1 and 2 star reviews for the other variable temperature kettles, you'll see why this is a smart purchase.
I make coffee using an aeropress with this, and green tea, and my son makes ramen with boiling water daily so I'm turning the dial all the time. I love it. Simple and functional. If you want exact temps and you're going to have a fit over a degree or two then go buy something that costs 2-3 times the price. If ballpark is okay for you, then this is the workhorse you want in your kitchen.
After using this kettle daily for 2 months, I realized one feature that i didn't appreciate at first. This kettle does not leak!!! No matter how careful I was not to overfill the HB kettle, it always leaked, and I always kept rags on the floor to absorb the spillage. Other reviewers had also mentioned the leaking with the HB, and other kettles, so I had come to accept leaking as normal for electric kettles. I use the Adagio kettle several times a day, every day, and it has NEVER leaked. I've even become less careful about the fill line - filling it above the line, almost as if I'm daring it to leak - and it DOES NOT LEAK. Hooray for Adagio!
********************************************************************************************************************************* Oct 31, 2014
I purchased this kettle to replace a dead Hamilton Beach "cool touch" electric kettle. I really like the HB kettles as evidenced by my Amazon order history, I've purchased 4 of them since 2010 including 1 for a kid's dorm room and 1 for a second house. The other 2 each stopped working (failed to turn on) after approximately 2 years of constant daily use. This time I decided to try something different, and the Adagio had excellent reviews. I hesitated initially because of the stated capacity - the HB kettle purports to be 40 oz., although at the Max fill line it's, at best, 36 oz. The description of the Adagio said 30 oz. While I do use the kettle to make tea, I use it primarily to make "pour over" coffee in a Melita pot. With the HB pot, I know exactly how many scoops of coffee to measure, but I figured I could adjust and adapt.
The Adagio arrived a few days ago, and I eagerly got out a large measuring cup. At the Max fill line, the Adagio is, at least, 33 oz. (two 16 oz. measuring cups full plus an additional 1-2 oz.).
Now, after making and enjoying several pots of coffee, here are my initial impressions
* It heats fast (less than 5 minutes when full)
* It's cute - 2 inches shorter than the HB and 5/8 of an inch less in diameter.
* The shape of the spout makes it easy to pour over ground coffee with pinpoint accuracy - no more spills or splatter.
* It has a temperature control, although I'll probably never use it.
* It shuts off automatically.
ITEMS TO BE AWARE OF:
* It does not have an on-off switch, but I plug it into a power strip so that's not an issue for me
* The exterior does get hot to the touch - unlike the "cool touch" HB - but there's no reason to touch the outside when it's hot. This could be an issue around small children, though.
* It has a very minimal amount of plastic - in the fill indicator, the lid liner and the spout screen filter, but compared to most others, I'll reluctantly accept that.
* Someone mentioned that the cord is retractable and winds into the base. That is not true of the one I received and the description does not mention it.
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I still like the HB kettle, too, but this pot is definitely its match!
Most recent customer reviews
very good quality