Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Adam-12 - Season One
Format: DVD|Change

on December 2, 2017
I excitedly put in Side A of disc 1. The Universal Pictures logo did its thing. Then...nothing. Absolutely nothing, except a blank screen. After about 30 seconds my player went back to the home screen (indicating that it couldn't read the disc).

I was all set to return it until I decided to give it another try. While the Universal Pictures logo was doing its thing I pushed the next button on the player remote. It took a few seconds but it went to the disc previews. Then froze. Nothing. However, I was feeling lazy (after a long day at work) and just sat there. After 30 seconds or so, of the frozen preview intro screen, it suddenly jumped past the previews and went to the disc menu and all the episodes worked. It's the stupid previews that are the issue. Sometimes the disc will freeze on the intro screen, sometimes it'll jump to somewhere in the middle of the previews and freeze. But after a 30 second freeze it always goes to the disc menu and all the episodes work.

***PUSH THE NEXT BUTTON ON YOUR REMOTE WHEN THE UNIVERSAL LOGO IS ON SCREEN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DISC***

Side B, disc 1 and neither side of disc 2 have previews so they have no issues (and the episodes work as well).
on March 27, 2015
This is absolutely my all time favorite police drama! I used to watch this with my Dad every week that he was home. It brings back memories of the old days and much simpler times when people had more respect for one and other. The stories were based on actual events that really happened and solved by the L.A. Police Department. I recommend this series to any and all fans of police dramas! For the closed caption just use your TV's CCTV settings, if that doesn't work then use your DVD player's CC settings.
on July 16, 2015
My one-star rating is for the media, not the content. Adam-12 was a superb program. However, season one (Universal) was placed on two double-sided discs, and some episodes will simply freeze for no apparent reason. Cheap quality media was probably used. The other seasons 2 thru 7 (Shout Factory) were on single-sided discs, so far after repeated viewings no problem.
on October 26, 2014
I loved this show as a child. I became a police officer, imagine that. I remember the days before laptops when all we had was MDT's. I like watching these episodes that I use to race in the house as a child to watch. My kids love to watch this tape and the current episodes on "ME TV". One thing has not changed, Police are still individuals riding around in black and whites making a whole lot of gray decisions. If everything was right and wrong anyone could be a police officer but it's not always so clear cut. I always thought this show did a great job of bringing that out in real life as well. As a kid I thought Pete was a know it all,,,,,as a officer getting close to retirement,,, I realize how we transition through our careers. Excellent product. Thanks for the memories
Although I'm a diehard Adam 12 fan I initially rated Season One a 1 Star because of a manufacturing defect which prevented you from playing all but the first 4 episodes on each side of each disk. I'm changing the rating to a 5 star now because it's been fixed. I just repurchased the set after it had been temporarily pulled and wante dto pass along that Season One plays just fine now and is safe to buy.

When they were fixing the defect it's too bad they didn't also make this a 4 disk set like the other seasons though. For some reason the Season 1 packaging is still really awkward and clunky with two 2 sided-disks in a real fat cases that are twice the thickness of the other seasons.

But the main point is a great show, the disks play just fine now, and I'm glad to have it.

I'm now anxiously awaiting seasons 6 and 7 to be released.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 29, 2010
You know, some shows just don't age well. This one is not one of them. It ages very nicely, very nicely indeed. OK, there's some hokey 60's stuff here and there (like the time the boys confront a bunch of hippies and are immediately aggressive), but it's not too much, and besides, a little hoke is OK. Some of the acting is wooden, but then again, much of it is pretty good. We lack realism in today's entertainment. It's too much hyperbole.

I have a soft spot for this show, as I grew up on it, and it shows all the neighborhoods and streets of my childhood not as they are today, but as they were when I was a kid. I'm watching the show and alluvasudden waiting for my Mom to pick me up for swimming lessons at the 'Y. Imagine that - watch Adam-12 and go home.

The quibble? Well, The main episode screen in the DVD only gives you a link to 4 out of the seven episodes on each side of each disc. To get to the other three, you must use the go-to-the-specific-title feature of a DVD player on a PC computer. A normal DVD player can't get there, least not that I can see. So, folks, you missed a star for that one.

And oh, the recorded quality of the shows are great, and there was no skipping at all.
on March 19, 2014
211 in Progress. No specific address, just know it's in progress and handle Code 3. When young children ask what police work is like watching a few of these episodes would be the best way to try and explain. The show is kind of a moving "Manual" of the rules and uncomplicated scenarios. But I've watched it, most if not all of the incidents portrayed were submitted by officers at roll call, then passed on to the studio.
on April 29, 2010
I well remember Adam-12 when it was first on the air. It was part of the reason I went to Los Angeles and applied to LAPD and LASO. I loved that show. It's great to see it again on DVD. The program itself deserves FIVE STARS without question! (You might be aware that although cutting edge at the time, and supposedly following LAPD regs to the letter, things would be handled far differently in the last 25 years than what is shown from 1968-1969.) The only reason I gave it 1 star is because the quality of the discs is BAD. I have now given up trying to get a set that will play without freezing or stopping altogether. I see that other people have had a similar problem. I've watched the 2nd season produced by Shout. These functioned perfectly. These discs from Universal have a nice transfer, but you will have trouble finding a set that plays without problems. Still, I love this old show so much that I will just mix and match various season 1 discs in order to be able to play each episode. It's not Amazon's fault. Don't you wish there was some way to complain to the Studio and tell them how they have screwed up? I sure hear about it in my job if I screw up. Oh well. I still recommend you get Season 1 in one form or another, if you love the show.
on February 1, 2015
Fine show but different DVD players cannot read these discs well. While watching an episode it pauses and after awhile it skips ahead. Adam 12, Adam 12: See the man about a bad batch of discs.
on May 20, 2016
I also had playback problems on disk two. It would freeze up halfway thru the next to last episode and the last one. Glad to know I'm
not the only one who had problems. Wish I had read this before I bought it. Disk one is fine and that's why I decided to keep it. I tried
to find it from another seller but not found. Thanks!