Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 25, 2007 2:14:14 AM PDT
Will says:
The whole basis of Christianity is Adam and Eve's sin and there is no proof outside a religious book written eons ago that such two people existed. Only irrational people believe in them. So if Adam and Eve did not exist, the entire religion of Christianity fails flat on its face.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2008 7:44:29 PM PDT
Fair enough. But no one should mistake the artificial organized religion with the message.

All of the rituals, ceremonies, steeples, choir robes, ordination, should all be done away with, as far as I am concerned as they just obfuscate the message, but the message is the important thing, not the religion.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2010 1:30:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 28, 2010 1:30:58 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2010 1:30:45 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Kevin,
Although I believe in Adam and Eve and their sin I don't think it is necessary to believe they really existed to be a Christian. A look at the world around us and our own lives should convince us that sin is here and we are in need of a savior.

But like you I think we could do away with all ceremonies and other things you mentioned they just get in the way.
exp
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2007
Latest post:  May 28, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Origin of Satan
The Origin of Satan by Elaine Pagels (Paperback - July 31, 1997)
3.9 out of 5 stars (164)