Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Adam Lambert > Barbra Steisand?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2009, 4:19:24 PM PDT
Elizie says:
I can't believe our American Idol fave is outselling Barbra Steisand - in pre-orders no less!
Go Adam!

Posted on Sep 29, 2009, 4:37:54 PM PDT
Josey says:
yep yep yep! Love him to death. Will buy anything he puts out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009, 6:47:05 PM PDT
Elizie says:
With you all the way AuntGlambert!!

Posted on Sep 29, 2009, 8:13:19 PM PDT
jadoreadam says:
I have loved Barbra Streisand my whole life and will definitely buy her newest CD. But as for excitement??? Nothing compares to the excitement and anticipation I feel waiting to hear what Adam puts on this first CD. He is quite simply the hugest talent to come along in so long...maybe since Barbra herself first started singing back in the early 60´s!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009, 8:46:00 PM PDT
Elizie says:
Right! They're both awesome!

Posted on Sep 30, 2009, 12:42:00 PM PDT
Adam Lambert in the same league as Barbra Streisand??? What are you guys smoking?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2009, 1:59:50 PM PDT
Elizie says:
People are ready for a new singing superstar, and I think Lambert has the voice and appearance to be it. Whether or not he succeeds will depend on the material through which he chooses to showcase his talent.

Posted on Oct 1, 2009, 12:12:47 PM PDT
L. Steidl says:
............who the heck is adam lambert?

please forgive little old me as I refuse to waste my time watching American Idle, the cancer of popular "culture"

Luigi ~ nyc

Posted on Oct 3, 2009, 9:11:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2009, 9:13:24 PM PDT
Deb says:
L. Steidl, American Idol has brought some very talented singers to pleasure us....Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson....and now Adam Lambert.
It is too bad that you refuse to open your mind to new and fantastic talent, and Adam Lambert is taking this country by storm. I love Babs and many of the other fantastic singers that Adam has topped here on the Amazon bestseller list, but none of them measure up to the unbelievable range and versatility of this young man. Check out youtube, Adam Lambert Brigadoon. May I also suggest Adam Lambert Mad World, or Adam Lambert I Just Love You. Not to mention all of the tour vids. You will be blown away. And while you are on youtube, you will have your choice of almost 43,000 other videos of Adam...should you choose to give him a chance. You can watch him sing almost any genre of music, and nail them all. Enjoy !

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 5:43:40 AM PDT
L. Steidl says:
Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson....and now Adam Lambert......Talented singers?

oh please, american idol is nothing more than a huge kareoke factory that produces sludge that the american mass media/public eats up like so much fast food

Luigi ~ nyc

Posted on Oct 4, 2009, 8:47:26 AM PDT
Deb says:
L. Steidl....you are definitely entitled to your opinion on the AI talent, however rudely descriptive it may be.

But I disagree....as do millions of others that have awarded multiple Grammys and an Emmy to the above mentioned. You can bet that Adam Lambert's name is going to be added to that list.

We need fresh talent, and if you are stuck in the past, well, that is your loss. I adore Barbra Streisand, and I am a fan of many of the other singers on the Amazon bestseller list. But I am not at all surprised by Lambert's name in the number one seller spot. He didn't get there by accident.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 9:15:43 AM PDT
L. Steidl says:
....and you are indeed entitled to your opinion D. Jerome. You can disagree all you want but to call my response to your post "rudely descriptive", and to assume I am "stuck in the past" because I do not acknowledge the mass-media-mediocrity of american idle and its ilk, well you know nothing about me or my tastes in music & art. Just because an individual wins awards does not make them great artists as you can attest to with who wins the oscars, grammys, etc.......end of discussion!

Luigi ~ nyc

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 9:28:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2009, 9:29:47 AM PDT
CyberLouis says:
I have been a fan of Barbra Streisand for many years. Nonetheless, I was blown away by Adam Lambert and his brilliant performances on American Idol. If I had to buy one album this year, it would be his. That said, I did buy Barbra's Love Is the Answer. I have not been excited about it at all. She has history and legend behind her, but her recent work is just not as moving as her older work. There is no Evergreen, no Way We Were...nothing special. However, listening to Adam live on AI week after week was mind-blowing. He has a voice that is unique, out of this world, and he can interpret a song like few can.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 10:17:35 AM PDT
Elizie says:
Ms. Winebrenner says:

You are right on the mark CyberLouis. Watching AI this year was like no other year before. I knew I was witnessing genius when I saw Adam perform.
L.Steidl, have you heard Adam Lambert sing? Don't dismiss him until you do. And if you don't think Kelly Clarkson,Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry,Jennifer Hudson, and Adam Lambert are talented, please tell me just who do you think is?!

Posted on Oct 4, 2009, 11:04:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2009, 12:20:18 PM PDT
L. Steidl says:
LOL! I cannot even believe i've gotten myself into this situation where people are supposed to be discussing Streisand's new work and instead bringing mediocrity like Lambert, Clarkson, Underwood, Daughtry, Hudson to the table. Are they PR people for American Idol or what?

Mr. Winebrenner, I will not bore you further with who I think is talented in today's popular culture as I really don't partake into mass-media-are-we-like-sheep-you-tube mentality......although I've yet to hear anyone on this immature post bring ADELE to discussion......now THERE is a talent for the long run......funny, I don't remember seeing her on the cancerous american idol.....or should it be called idle.......End Of Discussion PLEASE!!!!!

Luigi ! nyc

Posted on Oct 4, 2009, 11:10:34 AM PDT
B. Schneier says:
For those who have not heard Adam Lambert check him out, just google his name or go to Utube and enter his name. Do not make a judgment about him, until you do. I love Barbra Steisand and her voice his beyond description. I have come to feel the same way about Adam Lambert, in fact more so. His voice is like something I have never heard before. It is mesmerizing. He can sing any genre. What is even more exciting is watching him perform live and on videos. When Barbra Streisand first came on the scene everyone who heard and saw her perform felt the same way we feel about Adam. There is no one on the music scene that can match him. He gives 110% of himself and blows you away. He is absolutely exciting not to mention has this great personality, is so sexy and is so real. Don't think in terms of AI, think in terms of a voice that comes along so rarely, a performer that is so dynamic he takes your breath away. Adam will be iconic.

Posted on Oct 4, 2009, 11:11:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2009, 11:12:25 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 12:56:59 PM PDT
Not any longer! Babs is back at #1

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 12:57:57 PM PDT
Not any longer.... Babs is back at #1!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2009, 12:59:02 PM PDT
BUT - Adam's album will be HUGE!

Posted on Oct 4, 2009, 3:21:18 PM PDT
Adam Lambert in the same league as Barbra Streisand?... Let's see...umm. HELL NO!!! Adam is in a league of his own! Adam rocks!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2009, 6:30:51 PM PDT
Elizie says:
Ms. Winebrenner says:
Darla! Yeah! That boy can sing "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin and "Come To Me, Bend To Me" from Brigadoon and blow 'em both out of the water. Who else can do that?? No one but Adam!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009, 10:52:07 PM PDT
Marjorie says:
L. Steidl -

I don't have time to watch American Idol either. My daughter introduced me to Adam's singing shortly before the Idol finale.

Adam is an amazing tenor with a range of more than three octaves. His technical abilities compare favorably to Freddie Mercury (see the DDD Musical Forum --list of 100 Most Technically Skilled Rock Vocalists, http://forums.nutsie.com/viewtopic.php?t=18672). He has demonstrated a willingness to take creative risks in his singing. Adam started his career in musical theatre, and he entered the American Idol competition not for the title but specifically to find a platform from which to launch a career as a recording artist.

Adam is, to me, the most exciting new artist I have heard in my life. If you don't mind taking 15 minutes to check into the question, "Who is Adam Lambert?", just copy and paste the links below to your browser.

Brigadoon, "Come to Me, Bend to Me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYyqzUr6jU

Jesus Christ Superstar, "Heaven on Their Minds"
Stand alone performance at a benefit concert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0r7FOW68wE

Come Home, at Upright Cabaret
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoOcEzCRS_M

Live performances during Idol Tour this summer. All covers because that's the way the American Idol tour works:
Starlight, by Muse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxRvA8li3c&feature=PlayList&p=08606423FB3AA9EC

Whole Lotta Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhbA8PxAV8&feature=PlayList&p=08606423FB3AA9EC&index=2

Medley of songs by David Bowie -- Life on Mars/Fame/Let's Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmY7F1wSQyU&feature=PlayList&p=08606423FB3AA9EC&index=0

Will this translate to commercial success? I hope so. Will he be as successful as Barbra? I don't know if any singer starting a career now can be that successful, given the massive changes happening in the music industry.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009, 11:13:13 PM PDT
Marjorie says:
My other post may be too long for you to waste your precious time. Let's do a challenge instead.

Find a rendition of "Come to me, Bend to me", by anyone, that is better than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYyqzUr6jU

Then tell me, again, that Adam is "mediocre".

And who the heck is ADELE?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2009, 10:00:53 AM PDT
Elizie says:
Marjorie: Adele is a young singer from England (I think). She has an incredible voice that is smooth as silk. She sings "Chasing Pavements." Look it up; it's beautiful.

Having said that however, she still doesn't compare to Adam. If L. Steidl likes Adele. I can't imagine why he or she can't appreciate Adam's genuis ability.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Love is the Answer (Deluxe Edition)
Love is the Answer (Deluxe Edition) by Barbra Streisand (Audio CD - 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars (327)