The two-disc Hallelujah Junction serves as a compelling soundtrack and companion piece to composer John Adam's memoir of the same name. It also functions as an eloquent, stand-alone survey of Adams' more than twenty-year affiliation with Nonesuch Records, opening with Part One of his 1986 label debut, Harmonielehre. Included are excerpts from his ground-breaking and controversial 'docu-operas' Nixon In China and The Death Of Klinghoffer, as well as a piece from his Nonesuch release, The Flowering Tree.
Have one to sell?
Adams: Hallelujah Junction
See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
MP3 Music, October 7, 2008
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
1. Harmonielehre-Part 1
2. Shaker Loops: I:Shaking and Trembling
3. Harmonium:III. Wild Nights
4. Nixon in China: Act I, Scene 3, 'Ladies and Gentlemen'
5. Nixon in China: Act I, Scene 3, 'Mr. Premier'
6. Nixon in China: Act I, Scene 3, 'Cheers'
7. Chamber Symphony: Mongrel Airs
8. Gnarly Buttons: III. Put Your Loving Arms Around Me
9. Hoodoo Zephyr
1. Death of Klinghoffer: Palestinian Chorus
2. Death of Klinghoffer: Exiled Jews Chorus
3. I Was Looking at the Ceiling...:Este Pais
4. Violin Concerto: III
5. Naive and Sentimental Music: III. Chain to the Rhythm
6. El Nino: The Babe Leaped In Her Womb
7. El Nino: Magnificat
8. Flowering Tree, Act II, Scene 4: Kumudha and the Beggar Minstrels-excerpt
9. Dharma at Big Sur:Part 1(14:33)
Top Customer Reviews
By Gerald Palladino on February 1, 2009
Format: Audio CD Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...
Anything Mr. Adams writes is a sheer joy. My partner and I have seen all his operas, attended concerts featuring his music, several he conducted. This sample of some of his greatest works will give a new listener a treat to the ear. For seasoned listers, it is a must for any Adams collection.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again