BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Adams Plus Flea and Tick Spray for Cats and Dogs, 32 Oz
Size: 32 Oz|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 23, 2016
I have two cats and two dogs who are scratching and chewing and chomping their bodies from a horrible flea infestation that came out of nowhere. They all have jingles on their collars so the constant jingle noises along with my empathy for their misery is enough to make me just as miserable. I finally had to take their collars off because it was driving us ABSOLUTELY INSANE, especially at night. All my animals sleep in my room, so some nights, it would feel like an earthquake from all the ferocious scratching -- let's just say I've had a lot of sleepless nights lately.

I've tried to keep it all natural, but screw it.... I'm desperate. I've tried oatmeal shampoos, organic itch cloths, oils, diatomaceous earth, raging cleaning sessions in my home, brushing animals multiple times a day.... nothing was working. I Googled around looking for the best, yet most cost effective flea solution for animals. At this point, I don't care if it's all-natural or nuclear reactive, I need my sleep. This product was rated #2, so I bought it.

Whoever says that this stuff "smells good" is out of their minds -- the smell is AWFUL -- I hate it. When spraying my pets, I rubbed it into their fur pretty hard so that it gets to their skin -- I also parted their fur so that this spray could penetrate their skin easier. After my dogs were treated, my hands felt cold and greasy. Spraying the cats was quite comical, I wished I had gotten it on video, because they did not like it one bit. LOL. I ended up having to spray the spray into my hand, then scrub it into their coats. Needless to say, the animals looked like they'd had a rough night when I got done with them -- greasy and tired from fighting.

For the first time in several weeks, I slept more than 2 hours in a row. I also noticed they aren't itching and chomping on themselves as much as they have been. I plan on getting some flea killing aerosol spray and going nuts on my house so that I can put a halt to this flea bitten misery. Aside from the greasiness and the horrendous odor, this stuff works great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going out of their minds trying to stop fleas from driving your animals crazy. Sometimes, the "natural way" just doesn't cut it.
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2015
This stuff worked immediately. I am shocked. Living in Florida, humidity ... it's almost impossible to get a handle on a flea problem.

I didn't use anywhere near the recommended dosage. I sprayed the dog and worked it in to his fur then let him go outside and run around. The smell is breathtaking, literally. Goes away in about 15 minutes on the dog. A different story when I sprayed his bedding inside. I'll do that outside next time.

As another reviewer recommended, for use on the cats, I sprayed some in a dish, got my fingertips wet with it and gently rubbed it against the hair growth from the tail to the neck, then around the face and neck same way. Again, no where near the recommended dosage. Still worked.

Using it this way I am comfortable using light dosages on an as-needed basis. I've only had to re-spray the dog lightly on his stomach after he jumped in a pile of wet leaves after a rainstorm. Probably 3 misty sprays. That's it.

So glad I finally found something that actually works. I've tried herbal sprays, DE ... poor results and the cats and dogs don't like the herbal smells. Frontline Plus and Advantage did absolutely nothing.
on December 1, 2015
This product was referred to me by someone who fosters dogs. Because she had so many dogs I was convinced this would also work for my 2 small dogs...wrong. I really wanted this to work, but it did not work as a preventative nor after they both got fleas. I followed the dose suggestions and rubbed into their fur very well with latex gloves on. I ended up going back to flea drops for them both. Hope this helps with your decision.
on December 1, 2015
I would give this product 10 stars if I could!! Very effective and works almost instantaneously. Tried time and time again with frontline plus to no avail. Not giving it a bad review it's just like fleas would play hopscotch over line apply from base of pet head to tail. Seen the many reviews for this product and decided to give it a try. Am by far impressed. No more restless nights for my dog or myself.
on April 21, 2016
So far so good. The main negative is that the scent is very strong, almost like a baby powder smell. I struggle with allergies and the scent stayed on my dogs for about 2 days during which time it seriously affected my allergies. Not sure I will buy it again for that reason.
on April 13, 2016
Worked on some weird lice my dog picked up - ugh! The odor of the spray is pretty overwhelming........... and strong. But it works.
on December 24, 2015
Kills fleas if you french your animals in but it wreaks to the point friends and family visiting weeks after application still flinch when they come in our house. We've found if you put it on your animal outside it helps but then your pet still stinks. They smell is very perfumey.
on September 2, 2016
Stinks, but effective. This only removes existing fleas. I have two dogs to attract fleas like crazy and are also super sensitive to flea bites. We use this in Aug/Sept in addition to flea prevention. Now if you could suggest the best flea prevention, much appreciated! We have tried everything in this ongoing battle.
on August 17, 2015
This has been a life-saver for my household a few times. We use a drop-down-the-spine type of flea medication that works well but only kills adult fleas after they bite the pet. This means that our dogs stay free from infestations, but if they are around another dog (or even just outside) and a flea jumps onto them, it will make them itch until it bites them and dies. We live in an area with several semi-stray cats that just wander between yards and I have been able to SEE fleas crawl down the cats faces before becuase they are so infested. So, its not surprising that my dogs itch after coming in from outside after the stray cats have been in the yard. This spray does a great job of calming them back down. It smells pretty bad so be sure to apply outside. I was hesitant to try this because flea medications in general scare me because they are powerful chemicals but my vet recommended this spray.
on October 3, 2016
The spray worked well, but the bottle had leaked through the box it was shipped in and the spraying mechanism had been broken. Fortunately I had an old bottle of Adams so I could transfer the spray. I was so desperate that I couldn't complain. It does, indeed, kill fleas just like they promise.