Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

Adams Plus Flea and Tick Spray for Cats and Dogs, 32 Oz
Size: 32 Oz|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 23, 2016
I have two cats and two dogs who are scratching and chewing and chomping their bodies from a horrible flea infestation that came out of nowhere. They all have jingles on their collars so the constant jingle noises along with my empathy for their misery is enough to make me just as miserable. I finally had to take their collars off because it was driving us ABSOLUTELY INSANE, especially at night. All my animals sleep in my room, so some nights, it would feel like an earthquake from all the ferocious scratching -- let's just say I've had a lot of sleepless nights lately.

I've tried to keep it all natural, but screw it.... I'm desperate. I've tried oatmeal shampoos, organic itch cloths, oils, diatomaceous earth, raging cleaning sessions in my home, brushing animals multiple times a day.... nothing was working. I Googled around looking for the best, yet most cost effective flea solution for animals. At this point, I don't care if it's all-natural or nuclear reactive, I need my sleep. This product was rated #2, so I bought it.

Whoever says that this stuff "smells good" is out of their minds -- the smell is AWFUL -- I hate it. When spraying my pets, I rubbed it into their fur pretty hard so that it gets to their skin -- I also parted their fur so that this spray could penetrate their skin easier. After my dogs were treated, my hands felt cold and greasy. Spraying the cats was quite comical, I wished I had gotten it on video, because they did not like it one bit. LOL. I ended up having to spray the spray into my hand, then scrub it into their coats. Needless to say, the animals looked like they'd had a rough night when I got done with them -- greasy and tired from fighting.

For the first time in several weeks, I slept more than 2 hours in a row. I also noticed they aren't itching and chomping on themselves as much as they have been. I plan on getting some flea killing aerosol spray and going nuts on my house so that I can put a halt to this flea bitten misery. Aside from the greasiness and the horrendous odor, this stuff works great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going out of their minds trying to stop fleas from driving your animals crazy. Sometimes, the "natural way" just doesn't cut it.
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 8, 2016
Works almost instantly to kill fleas. My barn cats roam a very large area, so treating a 'yard' is not possible. I use it on pet beds and barn perimeter . Has a medicine smell, but nothing too overpowering. For the cats, I spray it on (avoid the eyes and nose), then rub it backward into the fur for instant pet relief. By the way, I recommend wearing gloves...to keep the spray off you, and to keep from getting shredded by the cat-you know, because a cat just LOVES to be rubbed backward.
on April 20, 2015
This stuff worked immediately. I am shocked. Living in Florida, humidity ... it's almost impossible to get a handle on a flea problem.

I didn't use anywhere near the recommended dosage. I sprayed the dog and worked it in to his fur then let him go outside and run around. The smell is breathtaking, literally. Goes away in about 15 minutes on the dog. A different story when I sprayed his bedding inside. I'll do that outside next time.

As another reviewer recommended, for use on the cats, I sprayed some in a dish, got my fingertips wet with it and gently rubbed it against the hair growth from the tail to the neck, then around the face and neck same way. Again, no where near the recommended dosage. Still worked.

Using it this way I am comfortable using light dosages on an as-needed basis. I've only had to re-spray the dog lightly on his stomach after he jumped in a pile of wet leaves after a rainstorm. Probably 3 misty sprays. That's it.

So glad I finally found something that actually works. I've tried herbal sprays, DE ... poor results and the cats and dogs don't like the herbal smells. Frontline Plus and Advantage did absolutely nothing.
0Comment| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 1, 2016
Am using the product on dogs and cats with no adverse effects and its working to keep down any infestations. I am pleased with the product and keep it on my shelves.
on July 26, 2016
Adams Plus Flea and Tick Spray is very effective for killing fleas on contact but it doesn't have lasting effects. It's much better than some other brands I've tried. I rate it at 4 stars instead of 5 because the effects don't last. If I spray my dog today and he goes outside, he's loaded with fleas again. I can't rate it against ticks. Fortunately ticks are not a problem in my area but fleas are. This is a great product for killing fleas but not for repelling them. I would have to spray my dog every day to keep him free of fleas. That would get expensive.
on July 27, 2016
This spray really does work. I used it on my dog, and a flea or tick , don't know which it, was died in front of my very eyes.
So, if any reviewer says it does not work , I don't believe they are being very truthful.
Warning. Do not apply this when you have nail polish on, or at least wear rubber gloves. My polish came off on the dog !!
So, wear gloves unless you like a pink dog !
on January 2, 2016
this works i,not seen many flees ,i wish they fix the strong smell ,u know when cat or dog comes in u smell it ,but theorize the smell stuff works ,use used have scars on her head using this one week has stopped her inching to minimum. i recommended this spray for fleas
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 20, 2018
The product does stop fleas completely and fast and the effect lasts about a week or two. the problem is they changed the perfuming protocol apparently because the perfumey smell is now absolutely nasty strong. the cats smell strongly perfumed for more than a week after application! and after applying it, my shirt smells so strongly i have to change clothes. i'm very unhappy with how much perfume they are now using. if i can find another product that works as well, i will change brands in a flat instant. i gave it 3 stars because it does still do the job on fleas. i almost gave it only 2 stars because it smells so strongly offensive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 2, 2017
I only spot treated my kitty because that's as long as he would sit and allow me to spray him. But it seemed to bring relief within a few hours. Please read the instructions, It's only supposed to be used once a month!!
I did try spraying a glove with it and then wiping him with the glove as others suggested, but it didn't take him long to smell it and run away from that too lol
on August 30, 2016
If you have dogs and fleas are an issue, just get this stuff. I've been using Adam's for more than 20 years and have never had a reason to switch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.