Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 327 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 368 reviews
on September 23, 2016
I have two cats and two dogs who are scratching and chewing and chomping their bodies from a horrible flea infestation that came out of nowhere. They all have jingles on their collars so the constant jingle noises along with my empathy for their misery is enough to make me just as miserable. I finally had to take their collars off because it was driving us ABSOLUTELY INSANE, especially at night. All my animals sleep in my room, so some nights, it would feel like an earthquake from all the ferocious scratching -- let's just say I've had a lot of sleepless nights lately.

I've tried to keep it all natural, but screw it.... I'm desperate. I've tried oatmeal shampoos, organic itch cloths, oils, diatomaceous earth, raging cleaning sessions in my home, brushing animals multiple times a day.... nothing was working. I Googled around looking for the best, yet most cost effective flea solution for animals. At this point, I don't care if it's all-natural or nuclear reactive, I need my sleep. This product was rated #2, so I bought it.

Whoever says that this stuff "smells good" is out of their minds -- the smell is AWFUL -- I hate it. When spraying my pets, I rubbed it into their fur pretty hard so that it gets to their skin -- I also parted their fur so that this spray could penetrate their skin easier. After my dogs were treated, my hands felt cold and greasy. Spraying the cats was quite comical, I wished I had gotten it on video, because they did not like it one bit. LOL. I ended up having to spray the spray into my hand, then scrub it into their coats. Needless to say, the animals looked like they'd had a rough night when I got done with them -- greasy and tired from fighting.

For the first time in several weeks, I slept more than 2 hours in a row. I also noticed they aren't itching and chomping on themselves as much as they have been. I plan on getting some flea killing aerosol spray and going nuts on my house so that I can put a halt to this flea bitten misery. Aside from the greasiness and the horrendous odor, this stuff works great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going out of their minds trying to stop fleas from driving your animals crazy. Sometimes, the "natural way" just doesn't cut it.
on June 3, 2016
I have one dog and two cats that live inside but frequent the outdoors during the day. After trying Adam's Plus instead of the other flea and tick sprays costing over a dollar an ounce, I can say the other's don't have anything on Adam's. We keep a flea trap in an area of our house where our pets spend a lot of time in order to catch the fleas that ride into the house on our pets and jump off before ingesting any of the treatment. Having occasionally found flea's in it in previous years, we know it works. However, since using Adams flea and tick spray for the last 18 months, we have not found any flea's in the trap and I am getting ready to order my second bottle of it.
on August 8, 2016
Works almost instantly to kill fleas. My barn cats roam a very large area, so treating a 'yard' is not possible. I use it on pet beds and barn perimeter . Has a medicine smell, but nothing too overpowering. For the cats, I spray it on (avoid the eyes and nose), then rub it backward into the fur for instant pet relief. By the way, I recommend wearing gloves...to keep the spray off you, and to keep from getting shredded by the cat-you know, because a cat just LOVES to be rubbed backward.
on August 13, 2016
THIS STUFF WORKS. After years of picking around with Revolution, Capstar, vets, antibiotics, steroids, flea bombs and who knows what else, I discovered this stuff accidentally on amazon - and in a little over two weeks, my moth eaten rug of a cat is happy, fluffy and flea free. After reading several reviews here, I decided to err on the side of caution and spray 4 or 5 pumps onto a water-damp terry face cloth and 'rub' it into the cat's fur, in much the same manner as I'd dry a wet cat or dog with a towel, from the hindquarters to the neck. It's a lighter application than spraying straight onto the cat, and I've reapplied in the same way every second or third day, whenever I've seen him scratching or grooming excessively.
on March 11, 2016
Works well, but can only be used in a well ventilated, open space because the chemical smell is overpowering. Would not recommend spraying indoors unless all of your windows are open and you're only using a small amount. My male cat started choking and coughing when I sprayed him, but it didn't seem to bother my female cat. Suggest spraying on a brush or comb to apply and not directly on your pet.
on January 21, 2017
Never use this product on a cat, period. This product nearly killed my cat---it took him almost 2 months to come back to mostly normal. It created drunken behavior, staggering, drooling, unable to climb, unable to jump, so on. It does kill the fleas---but it also nearly kills the cat. This product is NOT cat safe. No problems on my dogs other than one drooled (which it warns about) for a short period.
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2015
I use Frontline on my pets but to make sure that fleas don't invade my home I use Adams Flea and Tick Spray in between treatments.

I spray along the base boards and under furniture where fleas may hide and have been using Adams for quite some time and have never had a problem with fleas. For me it is a preventive move but others have used it to rid their home of fleas. I recommended Adams to a friend that was having a flea problem in her home and it worked great for her.

The odor of Adams is not strong and dissipates after an hour or so. It is still very much active even though the odor is not there. It does not stain your floors or furniture and it is very effective. I couldn't be happier with Adams Flea and Tick Spray.
on June 2, 2016
I coated my Brittney Spaniel (44-lb dog, short-medium coat) and Shitzu with Adams Plus when we arrived at our Wisconsin north woods retreat for a 4-day weekend in mid-May (during high-tick season). Not a single tick was discovered during the entire time. I don't know if the Adams repelled the ticks or killed them, or whatever, but I was pretty impressed. It made the dogs smell pretty decent as well. Definitely going to stay with this product for future woodsy outings.
on June 12, 2014
Living in Florida means that fleas are reproducing 12 months a year. This product is wonderful to help control them. I have both dogs and cats and needed a product that was very safe.
on October 12, 2016
I went through a pretty vicious flea cycle with 2 cats. One seemed to shake them off, the other (both indoor/outdoor) was losing hair over it. I had switched behind-the-neck products, and was too lazy to sprinkle the house on and off with powder and vacuum it up = 0 This spray did astonishingly well. Like the reviews said, fleas literally dropped dead off the cats. I sprayed onto a cloth and then rubbed the cats, they wouldn't have stood still to be sprayed. I also used the spray around where they slept after I vacuumed. I didn't mind the smell nearly as much as I minded the flea infestation. Got it under control, now the behind-the-neck products seem to be working fine again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.