Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 380 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 427 reviews
on August 8, 2016
Works almost instantly to kill fleas. My barn cats roam a very large area, so treating a 'yard' is not possible. I use it on pet beds and barn perimeter . Has a medicine smell, but nothing too overpowering. For the cats, I spray it on (avoid the eyes and nose), then rub it backward into the fur for instant pet relief. By the way, I recommend wearing gloves...to keep the spray off you, and to keep from getting shredded by the cat-you know, because a cat just LOVES to be rubbed backward.
on August 13, 2016
THIS STUFF WORKS. After years of picking around with Revolution, Capstar, vets, antibiotics, steroids, flea bombs and who knows what else, I discovered this stuff accidentally on amazon - and in a little over two weeks, my moth eaten rug of a cat is happy, fluffy and flea free. After reading several reviews here, I decided to err on the side of caution and spray 4 or 5 pumps onto a water-damp terry face cloth and 'rub' it into the cat's fur, in much the same manner as I'd dry a wet cat or dog with a towel, from the hindquarters to the neck. It's a lighter application than spraying straight onto the cat, and I've reapplied in the same way every second or third day, whenever I've seen him scratching or grooming excessively.
on June 2, 2016
I coated my Brittney Spaniel (44-lb dog, short-medium coat) and Shitzu with Adams Plus when we arrived at our Wisconsin north woods retreat for a 4-day weekend in mid-May (during high-tick season). Not a single tick was discovered during the entire time. I don't know if the Adams repelled the ticks or killed them, or whatever, but I was pretty impressed. It made the dogs smell pretty decent as well. Definitely going to stay with this product for future woodsy outings.
on September 23, 2016
I have two cats and two dogs who are scratching and chewing and chomping their bodies from a horrible flea infestation that came out of nowhere. They all have jingles on their collars so the constant jingle noises along with my empathy for their misery is enough to make me just as miserable. I finally had to take their collars off because it was driving us ABSOLUTELY INSANE, especially at night. All my animals sleep in my room, so some nights, it would feel like an earthquake from all the ferocious scratching -- let's just say I've had a lot of sleepless nights lately.

I've tried to keep it all natural, but screw it.... I'm desperate. I've tried oatmeal shampoos, organic itch cloths, oils, diatomaceous earth, raging cleaning sessions in my home, brushing animals multiple times a day.... nothing was working. I Googled around looking for the best, yet most cost effective flea solution for animals. At this point, I don't care if it's all-natural or nuclear reactive, I need my sleep. This product was rated #2, so I bought it.

Whoever says that this stuff "smells good" is out of their minds -- the smell is AWFUL -- I hate it. When spraying my pets, I rubbed it into their fur pretty hard so that it gets to their skin -- I also parted their fur so that this spray could penetrate their skin easier. After my dogs were treated, my hands felt cold and greasy. Spraying the cats was quite comical, I wished I had gotten it on video, because they did not like it one bit. LOL. I ended up having to spray the spray into my hand, then scrub it into their coats. Needless to say, the animals looked like they'd had a rough night when I got done with them -- greasy and tired from fighting.

For the first time in several weeks, I slept more than 2 hours in a row. I also noticed they aren't itching and chomping on themselves as much as they have been. I plan on getting some flea killing aerosol spray and going nuts on my house so that I can put a halt to this flea bitten misery. Aside from the greasiness and the horrendous odor, this stuff works great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going out of their minds trying to stop fleas from driving your animals crazy. Sometimes, the "natural way" just doesn't cut it.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2016
Am using the product on dogs and cats with no adverse effects and its working to keep down any infestations. I am pleased with the product and keep it on my shelves.
on June 12, 2014
Living in Florida means that fleas are reproducing 12 months a year. This product is wonderful to help control them. I have both dogs and cats and needed a product that was very safe.
on July 19, 2016
I applied this to the two cats and dog three days ago. I followed the directions scrupulously. They seem to have fewer fleas, but there are still quite a few.
The smell is quite strong.
One of the cats has been producing a lot of clear phlegmy mucus from her mouth the last two days. I saw a flea on her forehead last night, and more on her neck today.
The packaging was dreadful. The bottle was simply placed in a plastic bag, then put in a box with several other items and a few inflated "cushion bags". Nothing was secured around the bottle. The top has a big open crack along its length. I was able to squeeze the crack together in order to turn the nozzle to use it.
review image
on May 29, 2013
Use this in combination with other products like Front Line as an extra layer of protection against fleas and ticks.
If you find your pet is not fond of being sprayed, spray some on an old wash cloth or similar applicator and wipe them with it. Works particularly well when applying to the ears and face areas.
on July 22, 2016
I have been using the Adams Flea Spray products for more than 5 years and am very satisfied with how they help control fleas on both my cats and dogs. Since I have a kind of cat sanctuary (9 cats - both indoor and outdoor) and one dog, I cannot afford flea drops but the spray is effective, costs much less than other flea medications, and I'll continue to use it for *all* the critters here.
review image
on July 26, 2016
Adams Plus Flea and Tick Spray is very effective for killing fleas on contact but it doesn't have lasting effects. It's much better than some other brands I've tried. I rate it at 4 stars instead of 5 because the effects don't last. If I spray my dog today and he goes outside, he's loaded with fleas again. I can't rate it against ticks. Fortunately ticks are not a problem in my area but fleas are. This is a great product for killing fleas but not for repelling them. I would have to spray my dog every day to keep him free of fleas. That would get expensive.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.