Adams Trail a Bike - Original Folder
|Price:||$198.21 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Entry level single speed folding model
- Fits most 26” and 700c bikes
- Proven steel hitch complete with 4 shims to fit almost any seatpost
- Safety flag and full coverage chainguard
- Bash guard to protect chain ring
- For all installation and usage instructions look at User Manual below
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Frame Material Type||steel|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 27 x 43 inches|
|Item Display Weight||28 pounds|
|Item Weight||16.5 pounds|
|Model Name||Original Folder 1 Trai-a-Bike|
|Shipping Weight||30.2 pounds|
Simplicity can be a wonderful thing. An evolution of the model that created a new category of bicycles back in 1986, the Original Folder One is the perfect way to get younger kids out for a ride with the whole family.
• Simple single-speed is easy to ride
• Folding frame for easy storage and transport
• Patented design will fit most 26" and 700c lead bikes
• Sturdy steel hitch with 4 shim options to work with almost any seatpost
• With a full chainguard and bashguard it's as durable as it is fun
• Includes a safety flag, because safety is the first concern with children
The Adams Trail-a-Bike Original Folder tandem bicycle makes long and short bike trips fun and accessible for the entire family. Ideal for 4- to 6-year-old children who have outgrown the bike trailer, but who can't keep up on their own bikes yet, the Trail-a-Bike folder is the perfect transitional option for family outings. Designed with a unique and patented top tube radius to fit both 26-inch and 700c wheeled adult bicycles, the Trail-a-Bike allows young children, up to 85 pounds, to pedal along with the grownups, learn the rules of the road while protected and guided by an adult rider, and bike farther than they could on their own bike.
The Adams Trail-a-Bike Original Folder has an easy folding mechanism that makes it smaller than any other tandem bike design, for convenient storage and transportation. The entry-level tandem bicycle has a single speed with kid-sized handlebar grips, pedals, and saddle for optimum comfort as well as a low center of gravity and low positioning of the child for more stability. The Trail-A-Bike has a patented top tube radius that fits most adult bikes and features a large and sturdy universal-joint hitch, with four shims to fit most seatposts. Among other convenient aspects of the Trail-a-Bike, the design allows for the use of panniers without interference. Designed for safety, the Trail-a-Bike is equipped with an integrated chain ring protector for less mess, easier storage and transportation, and to protect from chain-related accidents, as well as a flag for increased visibility.
- Fits 26-inch and 700c wheeled bikes
- Weight: 23.5 pounds
- Wheel size: 20 inches
- Maximum rider weight: 85 pounds
- Ages 4 to 6 years
- Kid-sized grips, pedals, and saddle
- Steel hitch with four shims
- Safety flag
- Full coverage chainguard
Limited lifetime warranty on frame
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The other option is a Burley unit that has a cage mount which is twice as much but if your REALLY want to do this, might be another option. I find myself using this on a limited basis but for the price, what the heck! The kids will enjoy when we are out with the cheaper bikes on family bike outings. :)
Most recent customer reviews
Sadly the bike showed up and the threads used to attach the handlebar to the frame are stripped.Read more