Hachette Book Group
Price set by seller.
Adaptation Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I never quite got into Malinda Lo's first two books, even though I'd been especially excited by ASH, since I love fairytale retellings. I found her style a bit stiff and cold. They were good enough, but nothing I was over the moon about. ADAPTATION, on the other hand, sucked me in and forced me to go to the library and borrow a copy of INHERITANCE so that I could read it immediately.
ADAPTATION is a science fiction novel with some thriller and romance elements. Like many other science fiction novels, it is preoccupied with what makes us human. Unlike many science fiction novels, Reese is also questioning her identity because she falls for a girl. (Although Reese dates both David and Amber in the book, there is no cheating. One relationship clearly ends before another begins.) It's a lovely mishmash between the philosophy of reality and of the imagination. But it's not ponderous - there's lots of crazy, creepy stuff happening, including stalking by men in black.
A highlight for me, in both books, were Reese and David's family and friends. Something strange has happened to them, but they have a loving, fierce support group backing them up. Reese's mom might be one of my favorite parents in YA fiction. Lo does a great job of showing that competent adults don't have to ruin the plot of a teen-oriented book.
If you're into science fiction, I highly recommend ADAPTATION and INHERITANCE. I would say more about specific sci-fi elements that might entice you, but I'm afraid to give anything away. Lo doesn't employ the most shocking twists, but it's still a fun journey. (Side note: I thoroughly enjoyed how the love triangle resolved in INHERITANCE.)
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Gay & Lesbian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > LGBT Issues
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > LGBT > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure