Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AC Adapter for Dell Inspiron 600M 8600 Laptop
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on October 19, 2009
I ordered this along with a replacement battery for my daughter's E1505 at college. I was really hoping that the adapter and battery were going to do the trick since I had already replaced the battery on the laptop once before from Dell for three times the price.

Unfortunately, this new battery and adapter always seemed to be extremely hot to the touch. Last weekend, my daughter noticed that the plastic sleeve on the power cord running from the adapter was bubbling. When she moved the cord, the wires came through the sleeve and shorted out in a fountain of sparks.

As much as I hate to go back to Dell and pay excessive prices for a product that will last perhaps a year, I would rather do that than risk a fire or injury.
on September 10, 2009
The adapter was purchased to replace an original that came with a Dell Inspiron 1501 that died after about two years. Though inexpensive, this new one works just fine. Have had it for only three weeks. I thought that it felt a little hotter than I had expected. I checked it with a good thermometer, and it was 120 degrees. I checked an original adapter on a three year old Toshiba laptop, and it's temperature was 102 degrees. I don't have any reason to believe that the temp. of the new one is a problem.
on July 10, 2009
This item looks like and functions as well as the original from Dell. The price is right for this replacement item. I am using it now as I type. Was received as advertised in a timely fashion.
on January 22, 2013
This ac adapter works fine as a second charger/adapter for me. I have my original installed on a desk where I keep my laptop so having the second one is nice so that I don't have to take the other one loose all the time. I have been using it a lot for a couple of years now and it has always worked just as good as the original.
on October 20, 2012
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop and the adapter I purchased from Amazon did not fit. I was extremely disappointed with this purchase. The correct adapter was later purchased directly from Dell and is working great.
on March 26, 2011
on January 30, 2011
This is my second aftermarket charger for my Dell Inspiron. It works as it should - it powers the laptop and charges the battery. Only problem is that when I turn on my radio the reception is being mangled by this adapter. Either there is not the proper shielding in the case as my other two chargers never did this or I simply received a defective unit. Either way, I'll be looking elsewhere for a replacement as I like to listen to the radio when I'm working on the computer....those who do the same should be advised that this might be a problem.
on January 14, 2010
Bought this charger for my Dell Inspiron 1501 since I have already been through two of the original models
which are expensive and only last for a few months.
This charger works great if your laptop is powered down but causes problems if plugged in while the computer
is in use. The mouse cursor freezes & jumps around and some programs will freeze as well.
Remove the charger and all programs & cursor begin functioning as normal.
Cheap price but no charging while laptop is in use!!!
on October 17, 2010
This is a two-piece cable and adapter. I ordered a replacement because the Laptop side of the connector was damaged.
What's odd is the Wall outlet plug side of this unit when used will not charge the battery. It will only run on A/C power and a message is displayed, "plugged in, not charging."

When I used the old plug side from the original Dell charger, it charges the battery and works just fine. So I guess this unit as a is only an a/c adapter not a charger?
on August 24, 2010
I've seen the horror stories of AC chargers, this one seems to be built pretty well but not up to the level of Dell as it gets noticeably hotter than the standard charger. Still, no problems for months of running it 24/7. The listing seems to be for a generic product sold from different Marketplace vendors, so your mileage may vary. Maybe keep a fire extinguisher around the first couple of weeks?