Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AC Adapter/Power Supply&Cord for Dell Inspiron 13 13r 1440 14r 1558 1564 15r ...
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on January 19, 2013
I bought this for my Inspiron 1440 and it does the job at a fraction of the cost of the original Dell power supply. The OEM model was temporarily out of stock at both Amazon and Dell when I needed it, so I took a chance on this one and received prompt next day delivery..

The unit powers the computer and charges the battery just fine. It has a good snug fit at the computer connection. There is an indicator light on the power supply, an essential feature often lacking in cheaper units.

The major drawback is that the cord between the power supply and the computer is a little too short, so that the box is often dangling off the ground when in use. This stresses the connector and makes handling uncomfortable.

I can't say I'm dissatisfied considering the low price and ready availability, but I'd definitely look for a longer cord if purchasing a replacement.
on March 26, 2014
First of all the picture displayed for this product is the original dell charger but the product i received says replacement i cannot even use the cords that came with my laptop as its completely different charger.

As soon as the charger is connected the laptop throws an error stating power adapter type cannot be detected.

It shows that the charger is connected but does not charge the battery.
on December 17, 2012
This is a good power supply for the Dell laptops but that's all it is...a power supply. This does not charge the battery. When this is plugged in, it will power the laptop, but the Power Indicator will tell you you're on battery supply and react accordingly. Also, the power supply I received is not grounded as is shown in the pictures.

What this means is that your Windows 7 system will not perform its updates when it thinks it's on battery power. I purchased this with a replacement battery. The replacement battery had 45% when I first used it and that's what it has now almost 3 months later. The seller was great to work with to remedy the situation, but I still have to get another power supply that will power up the system and charge the battery. Good seller, however the product is not up to standards.
on August 15, 2013
I gave it a two star rating (didn't like it) because it does power up the Laptop, but it does not charge it... therefore i can't hate it.
From what i read online after the fact is that Dell chargers have a third wire or a chip in the charger to detect it's a genuine charger. I was replacing a broken charger for a customer and this new charger didn't charge the laptop therefore it's useless.
on May 10, 2013
This adapter, power supply, & cord is a piece of trash. It is cheaply made, has no 3-prong plug, a flimsy cord, and the cord is so short it would not reach from the plug to my laptop. I should have known better, because there are no descriptions on the ad. I sent it back and ordered the official replacement cord directly from Dell. Yes it cost 3 times, but is an exact replica of my original cord.
on December 29, 2013
I bought this brand new laptop charger for my Aunt. Her charger quit working. She searched for chargers in all the nearby stores but they all wanted $50 or more.... Where this one was only $10!!! & it works just as well as any of them sold at the store..
on April 15, 2014
Bought this to go with my Inspiron laptop because after purchasing a battery for it, the computer was still giving me an error saying that it would not charge, so I replaced the charger as well. This works great and it fits well.
on October 2, 2013
It did its job. My original power cord was stolen so locally I bought a generic replacement. Unfortunately, the generic power supply could not recharge the laptop battery (although it could power the laptop). This charger ran the computer and charged the battery flawlessly. It did its job.
on April 28, 2013
The only reason why in giving this a 4 star is because, like others have said, the cord itself is a little short. Since my outlet where I usually have my laptop is far away I just get an extension cord and that's easily fixed. It does charge my computer while I have it plugged in so I can unplug it and still use my laptop too. This was the best $10 purchase I've ever made. It's really made it to where I can regularly use my laptop again.

Edit: It's been 5 months since this purchase and it is still holding strong. It's like I have the original charger!
on March 21, 2013
I bought this because I was on vacation and forgot the AC adapter at home. It arrived where we were staying om the day
promised and was a perfect match to the one I forgot at home.. I will keep this one in my computer bag so that it will always
be with my computer when I travel.