Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Live At The Royal Albert Hall
Format: DVD|Change

on November 10, 2011
I was able to preview this and it is with pleasure that I call myself one of the biggest Adele fans ever. It is almost impossible to find someone you don't know that makes you feel as if though they took the words right out of your mouth and put them in song. She said that she concentrated on making music for the ears, not the eyes, but in this video, you're clearly able to see that the eyes get a treat as well- she is breathtaking.

In a modern age, where concerts rely on special effects, pyro, dancers, and theatrics, Adele manages to achieve the same results one would get from such shows by just having a backing band, 2 background singers, and a stool- her voice IS the show! I will be honest, I was worried about Adele having so many throat problems while on tour and when she had surgery in early summer, I was expecting a drastic notice in her voice. You do hear her throat a little scratchy in the dvd/cd but the "imperfections" only managed to bring more truth to the songs.

It should be in everyone's bucket list to catch an Adele show- I guarantee she is not to be missed!

1."Hometown Glory"
2."I'll Be Waiting"
3."Don't You Remember"
4."Turning Tables"
5."Set Fire to the Rain"
6."If It Hadn't Been for Love"
7."My Same"
8."Take It All"
9."Rumour Has It"
10."Right As Rain"
11."One & Only"
12."Lovesong"
13."Chasing Pavements"
14."I Can't Make You Love Me"
15."Make You Feel My Love
16."Someone Like You"
17."Rolling in the Deep"
1111 comments| 293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 23, 2016
I must admit up front that I am VERY late to the whole Adele fan train. I happened to catch a performance on BBC America for her latest album, 25, a couple weeks back and was blown away. I didn't know any of her songs but that performance was repeated and I recorded it on the DVR and have watched it more than a few times. I was hoping to find a "greatest hits" CD but I guess after just 3 albums it is probably too soon for one. But I was caught by the fact that this is a DVD and a CD. Once again I was blown away by her live performance on the DVD and just how down-to-earth she is - almost like you are certain you'd be best friends (despite the fact I'm old enough to be her mother). The CD is great but it is just the songs, none of her chatter which sometimes when I listen to the CD I sort of miss that chat between songs on the DVD. And boy, can this girl chat!

You really can't go wrong with this. Royal Albert Hall is spectacular and her performance is beautiful and lovely. At one point in the concert she mentions as she sits down in a chair that part of it is because she's being lazy and her feet hurt but part of it is because she wants the audience to feel like they are just sitting having a coffee together. That sentiment REALLY is felt by the home audience. The camera work is also very well done and is visually appealing.
on May 13, 2016
"Adele" making history at The Royal Albert Hall. Yes, Adele does not hold back with her language and thoughts. She blurts out raw words while telling her life stories in her cocney accent. True, not for the faint of heart. Understanding that, what a thrill to witness her give the background stories of each song she has written. What a privilege to then listen to her sing those stories. I am forever changed by this talent with the depth and gravity of each song. Rumor has it we watch this concert continually. Adele Laurie Blue Adkins will give someone like you a reason to set fire to the rain and take it all as you watch and listen to this concert that will have you rolling in the deep endlessly.
on August 4, 2014
I have owned 2 copies of this paricular CD and of ALL of Alele's CD's THIS has GOT to be the all time BEST!! ALL the songs are GREAT & she includes interacting very well with her audience/fans throughout the entire CD..I've outplayed the last 2 CD's just like this & they have scratces on them & have bought them for friends as well, & they absolutely LOVE IT, too! I decided to purchase yet another one for myself w/ hopefully no scratches nor flaws, so I may listen to it over and over again like before, since I hadn't even heard of Adele until I first got his CD when it hit the shelfs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! ALL songs are very relatable to EVERYONE!! A MUST LISTEN/MUST BY, and even MUCH BETTER THAN all of her other CD's. ALL the songs, I could really relate to! 110% recommended to ANYONE & EVERYONE, even if you have never owned any CD's of hers.... A guaranteed LOVE of a wonderful singer with a very powerful voice & pure talent, who always includes her fans/audience into her concerts/songs.... before purchasing ANY of her other older CD's I would purchase THIS one FIRST! You WON'T be disappointed!!!! Can't wait to have it yet again for my own to include in my collection! You GO, ADELE!! YOU ROCK, GIRL!!! :)
on October 11, 2017
This is the best performance of Adele you will ever see! It's amazing and I have already worn out one and had to get another! Just be careful with the kids, her language is truly Adele! Lol.
on July 1, 2016
Best Concert DVD I have ever owned and sounds amazing with a good stereo and speaker system. You feel like you are right there! Better than going to the concert and watching in the comfort of your own home. I really hope she releases another with her new songs and hope it's filmed in this same spot as the Royal Albert Hall makes the sound amazing!
on November 30, 2011
There's an incredible moment near the end of the concert, where Adele, overwhelmed with emotion and the support of the crowd, starts crying after singing "Someone Like You." The entire Royal Albert Hall immediately givers her a thunderous standing ovation that lasts for quite a while, clearly showing their overflowing love and appreciation for this amazing artist. The look on her face is one of pure heartfelt appreciation. And the crowd can't get enough. None of us can.

It's flabbergasting how talented this young woman is. If you've never seen her live, this is the closest you'll get and you won't be disappointed. I've seen her more times than I can count now, still bought this DVD, and still was blown away. Magnificent.
11 comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 30, 2012
The audio is amazing, and this concert video makes full use of the audio fidelity available via the Blu-Ray format.

The video editing leaves something to be desired. I found myself wishing the camera would just... keep... one... angle for one solitary line. Adele doesn't sing more than 3 words per camera angle. It's distracting. You can't get lost in the music, because your eyes are always popped over to a new frame of reference.

Zooms in and out, pans, etc. aren't as distracting - but changing from a front view to an overhead view to a crowd shot to a side angle - all on one line!! Its simply out of pace with a slow tempo, heart wrenching song. That type of rapid "pop pop pop" camera sequencing would be more appropriate for something like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or Kesha.

Don't get me wrong. It's my 2nd favorite concert Blu-Ray. I guess I'm frustrated in that the raw material was there to make this a reference concert disc - bar none. Close your eyes, relax, and take in the great music - and glance up at the screen every once in awhile. If you try to watch it intently, you'll fry your eyeballs.

For a point of reference: my favorite concert Blu-Ray is Stevie Nicks, Soundstage. Compare the video editing on these 2 discs, and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
on March 1, 2016
I am not sure if this is the edited or unedited version, but both are beyond fabulous. Adele is a true talent. No nude dancers or anything to distract from the music. As Adele herself said, she makes music for the ears and not the eyes. She's funny, she's sincere and she is one of the greatest talents of our time. The DVD & CD are great. I have both DVD versions - unedited has some language, but it is Adele. The edited is the same only the language is removed. The CD is the same on both versions - a real treat.. It's like candy for your ears.
on December 16, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the live versions of some of the songs, especially because of the audience sing-along on "Rolling in the Deep". It's a pretty eclectic collection of songs, with much of the second half of the cd (except right at the end) consisting of very "Country-Western" music, that provides a different flavor from what one expects of Adele. It's interesting to see a very English artist performing in a very American genre.