Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 912 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,020 reviews
on November 29, 2011
I received Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD/CD set today, which I've been looking forward to for a few weeks. Having already watched the DVD, and listened to the CD, here's my review:

Let's start with the production value, which is a dicey proposition with concert DVDs. This one was top notch. The director did a nice job of capturing Adele, her songs, and the audience. He didn't get too cute with silly camera tricks or over editing, which is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to concert DVDs. I'm watching the concert to see the show, not what cool tricks you learned in film school. I was very pleased with the production value of this DVD.

Moving on to the packaging and content, very simple which equals nice in my book. The box, discs, and booklet have a nice black and white theme to it, which again, captures Adele and her music properly.

The DVD includes the concert (duh!) and an 8:30 clip, documenting Adele from literally her first of coffee to the moment she walks onstage. I'm a sucker for that type of stuff, so I enjoyed that--esp since it was brief.

Now for the meat of the DVD--the concert itself. I always enjoy watching live Adele clips, because not only does she have a great, great voice, but also a big stage presence. She has this aura about her that I don't think even she realizes at this point in her career. Just magical.

The setlist was your typical Adele setlist, with a mix of new/older songs, with a couple of covers thrown in for good measure. Solid setlist. Her voice, however, wasn't the greatest this particular concert. Now, days after filming this show she cancelled the rest of her 2011 tour and had vocal chord surgery and you can tell her voice was tired and not right. It didn't sound bad, it just wasn't the powerful voice I've come to love. Put it this way--an 70% Adele is 100 times better than 99% of the other artists out there, past and present. For that reason, I wish they would have held off until after her surgery to put out this DVD. Perhaps we'll get another one within the next couple of years. I hope so.

Overall, I enjoyed this DVD. Like I said earlier, I love live Adele and to have an hour and 41 mins at my disposal is greatness! This DVD makes me want to see her live even more, which will happen once she returns from vocal chord surgery.
44 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2016
I've seen a ton of live shows and I normally don't like to sit and watch concert videos, but upon hearing her 3rd album "25", I had to check out this fine young lady's live show. This was absolutely spectacular! She tells stories about her music and her life and drops some swear words in but that's part of what makes her real. It's captivating to watch her sing. You can clearly see her channel the energy from beyond our realm as she sings. Her music is simple, raw, emotional and truthful. The 100 minutes blazes by on this disc. Adele has that sultry voice and even does scat singing. There are covers done by The Cure and Bob Dylan which will blow you off your sofa! The image is Anamorphic Widescreen and the sound is available in 5.1 or standard stereo. To me, Adele is a lady that stepped out of a Victrola from the 1920s jazz/blues scene and brought sanity and class back to the music of our time.
on November 10, 2011
I was able to preview this and it is with pleasure that I call myself one of the biggest Adele fans ever. It is almost impossible to find someone you don't know that makes you feel as if though they took the words right out of your mouth and put them in song. She said that she concentrated on making music for the ears, not the eyes, but in this video, you're clearly able to see that the eyes get a treat as well- she is breathtaking.

In a modern age, where concerts rely on special effects, pyro, dancers, and theatrics, Adele manages to achieve the same results one would get from such shows by just having a backing band, 2 background singers, and a stool- her voice IS the show! I will be honest, I was worried about Adele having so many throat problems while on tour and when she had surgery in early summer, I was expecting a drastic notice in her voice. You do hear her throat a little scratchy in the dvd/cd but the "imperfections" only managed to bring more truth to the songs.

It should be in everyone's bucket list to catch an Adele show- I guarantee she is not to be missed!

1."Hometown Glory"
2."I'll Be Waiting"
3."Don't You Remember"
4."Turning Tables"
5."Set Fire to the Rain"
6."If It Hadn't Been for Love"
7."My Same"
8."Take It All"
9."Rumour Has It"
10."Right As Rain"
11."One & Only"
12."Lovesong"
13."Chasing Pavements"
14."I Can't Make You Love Me"
15."Make You Feel My Love
16."Someone Like You"
17."Rolling in the Deep"
1111 comments| 293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2016
This review is not about Adele as a singer/performer as many people have already given their piece of mind about her here. This review strictly applies to the person/group who is producing this dvd. It is very painful to the eye to watch. I was very disturbed that i paid money to watch the camera man trying to zoom in and out. Really? Was all the blurry shots necessary in the final cut? I could not bear watching the DVD because of this but I tried to anyway because I bought the DVD to "watch" Adele perform. Well there was no way I could finish watching this dvd much longer. I will just listen to her CD only instead. I just threw my money down the drain because the producer was intoxicated or just didn't care what the viewers thought.
on March 23, 2016
I must admit up front that I am VERY late to the whole Adele fan train. I happened to catch a performance on BBC America for her latest album, 25, a couple weeks back and was blown away. I didn't know any of her songs but that performance was repeated and I recorded it on the DVR and have watched it more than a few times. I was hoping to find a "greatest hits" CD but I guess after just 3 albums it is probably too soon for one. But I was caught by the fact that this is a DVD and a CD. Once again I was blown away by her live performance on the DVD and just how down-to-earth she is - almost like you are certain you'd be best friends (despite the fact I'm old enough to be her mother). The CD is great but it is just the songs, none of her chatter which sometimes when I listen to the CD I sort of miss that chat between songs on the DVD. And boy, can this girl chat!

You really can't go wrong with this. Royal Albert Hall is spectacular and her performance is beautiful and lovely. At one point in the concert she mentions as she sits down in a chair that part of it is because she's being lazy and her feet hurt but part of it is because she wants the audience to feel like they are just sitting having a coffee together. That sentiment REALLY is felt by the home audience. The camera work is also very well done and is visually appealing.
on December 30, 2015
Adele is the queen! This concert is amazing and she truly cares about her fans. This concert comes after the huge success of her album "21" and features many songs from both "21" and her first album "19". She is peppy, fun, and a little bit raunchy (Disclaimer: she uses a bit of language often so if you're easily offended, take caution!). She speaks with such candor and isn't afraid to call from her experiences. She is a gem and this is well worth watching and listening to.

The setlist is as follows if anyone was wondering:
1."Hometown Glory"
2."I'll Be Waiting"
3."Don't You Remember"
4."Turning Tables"
5."Set Fire to the Rain"
6."If It Hadn't Been for Love"
7."My Same"
8."Take It All"
9."Rumour Has It"
10."Right As Rain"
11."One & Only"
12."Lovesong"
13."Chasing Pavements"
14."I Can't Make You Love Me"
15."Make You Feel My Love
16."Someone Like You"
17."Rolling in the Deep"
on May 13, 2016
"Adele" making history at The Royal Albert Hall. Yes, Adele does not hold back with her language and thoughts. She blurts out raw words while telling her life stories in her cocney accent. True, not for the faint of heart. Understanding that, what a thrill to witness her give the background stories of each song she has written. What a privilege to then listen to her sing those stories. I am forever changed by this talent with the depth and gravity of each song. Rumor has it we watch this concert continually. Adele Laurie Blue Adkins will give someone like you a reason to set fire to the rain and take it all as you watch and listen to this concert that will have you rolling in the deep endlessly.
on August 4, 2014
I have owned 2 copies of this paricular CD and of ALL of Alele's CD's THIS has GOT to be the all time BEST!! ALL the songs are GREAT & she includes interacting very well with her audience/fans throughout the entire CD..I've outplayed the last 2 CD's just like this & they have scratces on them & have bought them for friends as well, & they absolutely LOVE IT, too! I decided to purchase yet another one for myself w/ hopefully no scratches nor flaws, so I may listen to it over and over again like before, since I hadn't even heard of Adele until I first got his CD when it hit the shelfs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! ALL songs are very relatable to EVERYONE!! A MUST LISTEN/MUST BY, and even MUCH BETTER THAN all of her other CD's. ALL the songs, I could really relate to! 110% recommended to ANYONE & EVERYONE, even if you have never owned any CD's of hers.... A guaranteed LOVE of a wonderful singer with a very powerful voice & pure talent, who always includes her fans/audience into her concerts/songs.... before purchasing ANY of her other older CD's I would purchase THIS one FIRST! You WON'T be disappointed!!!! Can't wait to have it yet again for my own to include in my collection! You GO, ADELE!! YOU ROCK, GIRL!!! :)
on July 1, 2016
Best Concert DVD I have ever owned and sounds amazing with a good stereo and speaker system. You feel like you are right there! Better than going to the concert and watching in the comfort of your own home. I really hope she releases another with her new songs and hope it's filmed in this same spot as the Royal Albert Hall makes the sound amazing!
on November 30, 2011
There's an incredible moment near the end of the concert, where Adele, overwhelmed with emotion and the support of the crowd, starts crying after singing "Someone Like You." The entire Royal Albert Hall immediately givers her a thunderous standing ovation that lasts for quite a while, clearly showing their overflowing love and appreciation for this amazing artist. The look on her face is one of pure heartfelt appreciation. And the crowd can't get enough. None of us can.

It's flabbergasting how talented this young woman is. If you've never seen her live, this is the closest you'll get and you won't be disappointed. I've seen her more times than I can count now, still bought this DVD, and still was blown away. Magnificent.
11 comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse