Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Live At The Royal Albert Hall
Format: DVD|Change

on December 30, 2015
Adele is the queen! This concert is amazing and she truly cares about her fans. This concert comes after the huge success of her album "21" and features many songs from both "21" and her first album "19". She is peppy, fun, and a little bit raunchy (Disclaimer: she uses a bit of language often so if you're easily offended, take caution!). She speaks with such candor and isn't afraid to call from her experiences. She is a gem and this is well worth watching and listening to.

The setlist is as follows if anyone was wondering:
1."Hometown Glory"
2."I'll Be Waiting"
3."Don't You Remember"
4."Turning Tables"
5."Set Fire to the Rain"
6."If It Hadn't Been for Love"
7."My Same"
8."Take It All"
9."Rumour Has It"
10."Right As Rain"
11."One & Only"
12."Lovesong"
13."Chasing Pavements"
14."I Can't Make You Love Me"
15."Make You Feel My Love
16."Someone Like You"
17."Rolling in the Deep"
on February 11, 2018
Adele is gifted by God with such a stunning voice. This video gives exceptional sound quality of her vocals along with the great musicians in her band. I love Adele's talking and joking in between songs. She is a sweetheart, and as an added bonus is a great comedian too! She has huge talent as a songwriter and sings those great songs, but does some wonderful covers here also. Filmed in beautiful HD. The only weakness of the DVD is in the editing--whoever edited made really bad choices. We want to see Adele...Adele singing, Adele talking, Adele laughing. But the editor (director?) chose to make constant cutaways to the band, to the audience, to the stage. And not just every now and then; that would have been acceptable. These cutaways happen about every 5 to 10 seconds! Occasionally we get a little longer camera shot on Adele, but not often enough. The YouTube fan videos are better than these editors! At least the YouTube fans keep their cameras mostly on Adele!! But regardless, the sound of her gifted voice and her wonderful personality lift us higher and above the editing flaws on this DVD. I will give the editors credit for the moments with Adele and her long-time best friend (sitting in the audience)...that was perfect and very touching. Adele and Barbra Streisand are the greatest voices of our time. I feel very blessed to have this recording of Adele, Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
on November 10, 2011
I was able to preview this and it is with pleasure that I call myself one of the biggest Adele fans ever. It is almost impossible to find someone you don't know that makes you feel as if though they took the words right out of your mouth and put them in song. She said that she concentrated on making music for the ears, not the eyes, but in this video, you're clearly able to see that the eyes get a treat as well- she is breathtaking.

In a modern age, where concerts rely on special effects, pyro, dancers, and theatrics, Adele manages to achieve the same results one would get from such shows by just having a backing band, 2 background singers, and a stool- her voice IS the show! I will be honest, I was worried about Adele having so many throat problems while on tour and when she had surgery in early summer, I was expecting a drastic notice in her voice. You do hear her throat a little scratchy in the dvd/cd but the "imperfections" only managed to bring more truth to the songs.

It should be in everyone's bucket list to catch an Adele show- I guarantee she is not to be missed!

1."Hometown Glory"
2."I'll Be Waiting"
3."Don't You Remember"
4."Turning Tables"
5."Set Fire to the Rain"
6."If It Hadn't Been for Love"
7."My Same"
8."Take It All"
9."Rumour Has It"
10."Right As Rain"
11."One & Only"
12."Lovesong"
13."Chasing Pavements"
14."I Can't Make You Love Me"
15."Make You Feel My Love
16."Someone Like You"
17."Rolling in the Deep"
1111 comments| 294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 13, 2016
"Adele" making history at The Royal Albert Hall. Yes, Adele does not hold back with her language and thoughts. She blurts out raw words while telling her life stories in her cocney accent. True, not for the faint of heart. Understanding that, what a thrill to witness her give the background stories of each song she has written. What a privilege to then listen to her sing those stories. I am forever changed by this talent with the depth and gravity of each song. Rumor has it we watch this concert continually. Adele Laurie Blue Adkins will give someone like you a reason to set fire to the rain and take it all as you watch and listen to this concert that will have you rolling in the deep endlessly.
on March 23, 2016
I must admit up front that I am VERY late to the whole Adele fan train. I happened to catch a performance on BBC America for her latest album, 25, a couple weeks back and was blown away. I didn't know any of her songs but that performance was repeated and I recorded it on the DVR and have watched it more than a few times. I was hoping to find a "greatest hits" CD but I guess after just 3 albums it is probably too soon for one. But I was caught by the fact that this is a DVD and a CD. Once again I was blown away by her live performance on the DVD and just how down-to-earth she is - almost like you are certain you'd be best friends (despite the fact I'm old enough to be her mother). The CD is great but it is just the songs, none of her chatter which sometimes when I listen to the CD I sort of miss that chat between songs on the DVD. And boy, can this girl chat!

You really can't go wrong with this. Royal Albert Hall is spectacular and her performance is beautiful and lovely. At one point in the concert she mentions as she sits down in a chair that part of it is because she's being lazy and her feet hurt but part of it is because she wants the audience to feel like they are just sitting having a coffee together. That sentiment REALLY is felt by the home audience. The camera work is also very well done and is visually appealing.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2012
This 2011 performance at The Royal Albert Hall in London was beautifully captured for Blu-ray/DVD. Adele's performance is about as close to perfection as you can get, and the visual HD quality is stunning. Add to that a fantasic sound mix, perfectly produced in 5.1. So many musical artists fail to capture those early magical tours for posterity, and it is nice to see that years from now this performance can be enjoyed over and over again.

I was especially pleased with the "extra" feature on the disc, a short behind the scenes video that compresses Adele's whole day from morning tea to walking onstage... into about eight minutes. Much longer and it would have begun to bore, much shorter and it would have felt like a teaser... well edited! A nice little easter egg in this short is seeing Adele posing for a photo with The Civil Wars, who were her opening act for this and several other concerts.
on February 18, 2012
She talks about some of the songs before she sings it. That makes the whole performance that much more intimate, especially with her personality.

Concert video suppose to bring that in-concert experience into the living room. The director seems to have ADD and it shows in this presentation. He jumps from one camera to another during the performance. The cut scene works great if it is done right; that is the cut scene syncs with the emotions and energy of artist and audience. But each of his cut scene doesn't last more than 10 seconds, and it's all random scenes that do not sync with the song's rhythm. It is a visual interruption than anything else. But at the same time, it's a true testament of Adele's voice; which overpowers the visual interruption and brings you right back into the concert.

Despite the visual shortcoming mentioned above, watching this blu-ray on a HDTV (1080i)with 5.1 speaker system (DTS) is breathe taking. I highly recommend it, even if you already own her mp3 from the major online distributors like iTunes and Amazon Music. Those mp3 are compressed and can't do justice for Adele's voice.
on November 30, 2012
It is not up to me to judge Adele as she has been very successful and I like her music yet here is my opinion: If you are going to Video a concert first make sure Adele is compleltely over her chest cold, second I wish she would not let the Audience sing while she holds the Mic (Probably to rest her voice yet most singers do that anyway) because it is distracting unless you like to hear 10,000 people trying to sing, and Thirdly put a warning on the label "Foul Language". I did not know Adele had so much anger yet I suppose that anger and language is her persona. How can I judge such a successful singer? I cannot, but put the kids to bed first unless they are used to foul language. YET, I would BUY another. 3 stars for this concert that could have easily have been 5 Star if she had not been sick and all the other stuff. Again, I still Love her music.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 1, 2016
Best Concert DVD I have ever owned and sounds amazing with a good stereo and speaker system. You feel like you are right there! Better than going to the concert and watching in the comfort of your own home. I really hope she releases another with her new songs and hope it's filmed in this same spot as the Royal Albert Hall makes the sound amazing!
on August 4, 2014
I have owned 2 copies of this paricular CD and of ALL of Alele's CD's THIS has GOT to be the all time BEST!! ALL the songs are GREAT & she includes interacting very well with her audience/fans throughout the entire CD..I've outplayed the last 2 CD's just like this & they have scratces on them & have bought them for friends as well, & they absolutely LOVE IT, too! I decided to purchase yet another one for myself w/ hopefully no scratches nor flaws, so I may listen to it over and over again like before, since I hadn't even heard of Adele until I first got his CD when it hit the shelfs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! ALL songs are very relatable to EVERYONE!! A MUST LISTEN/MUST BY, and even MUCH BETTER THAN all of her other CD's. ALL the songs, I could really relate to! 110% recommended to ANYONE & EVERYONE, even if you have never owned any CD's of hers.... A guaranteed LOVE of a wonderful singer with a very powerful voice & pure talent, who always includes her fans/audience into her concerts/songs.... before purchasing ANY of her other older CD's I would purchase THIS one FIRST! You WON'T be disappointed!!!! Can't wait to have it yet again for my own to include in my collection! You GO, ADELE!! YOU ROCK, GIRL!!! :)