Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 904 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,012 reviews
on November 10, 2011
I was able to preview this and it is with pleasure that I call myself one of the biggest Adele fans ever. It is almost impossible to find someone you don't know that makes you feel as if though they took the words right out of your mouth and put them in song. She said that she concentrated on making music for the ears, not the eyes, but in this video, you're clearly able to see that the eyes get a treat as well- she is breathtaking.

In a modern age, where concerts rely on special effects, pyro, dancers, and theatrics, Adele manages to achieve the same results one would get from such shows by just having a backing band, 2 background singers, and a stool- her voice IS the show! I will be honest, I was worried about Adele having so many throat problems while on tour and when she had surgery in early summer, I was expecting a drastic notice in her voice. You do hear her throat a little scratchy in the dvd/cd but the "imperfections" only managed to bring more truth to the songs.

It should be in everyone's bucket list to catch an Adele show- I guarantee she is not to be missed!

1."Hometown Glory"
2."I'll Be Waiting"
3."Don't You Remember"
4."Turning Tables"
5."Set Fire to the Rain"
6."If It Hadn't Been for Love"
7."My Same"
8."Take It All"
9."Rumour Has It"
10."Right As Rain"
11."One & Only"
12."Lovesong"
13."Chasing Pavements"
14."I Can't Make You Love Me"
15."Make You Feel My Love
16."Someone Like You"
17."Rolling in the Deep"
1111 comments| 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2011
I received Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD/CD set today, which I've been looking forward to for a few weeks. Having already watched the DVD, and listened to the CD, here's my review:

Let's start with the production value, which is a dicey proposition with concert DVDs. This one was top notch. The director did a nice job of capturing Adele, her songs, and the audience. He didn't get too cute with silly camera tricks or over editing, which is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to concert DVDs. I'm watching the concert to see the show, not what cool tricks you learned in film school. I was very pleased with the production value of this DVD.

Moving on to the packaging and content, very simple which equals nice in my book. The box, discs, and booklet have a nice black and white theme to it, which again, captures Adele and her music properly.

The DVD includes the concert (duh!) and an 8:30 clip, documenting Adele from literally her first of coffee to the moment she walks onstage. I'm a sucker for that type of stuff, so I enjoyed that--esp since it was brief.

Now for the meat of the DVD--the concert itself. I always enjoy watching live Adele clips, because not only does she have a great, great voice, but also a big stage presence. She has this aura about her that I don't think even she realizes at this point in her career. Just magical.

The setlist was your typical Adele setlist, with a mix of new/older songs, with a couple of covers thrown in for good measure. Solid setlist. Her voice, however, wasn't the greatest this particular concert. Now, days after filming this show she cancelled the rest of her 2011 tour and had vocal chord surgery and you can tell her voice was tired and not right. It didn't sound bad, it just wasn't the powerful voice I've come to love. Put it this way--an 70% Adele is 100 times better than 99% of the other artists out there, past and present. For that reason, I wish they would have held off until after her surgery to put out this DVD. Perhaps we'll get another one within the next couple of years. I hope so.

Overall, I enjoyed this DVD. Like I said earlier, I love live Adele and to have an hour and 41 mins at my disposal is greatness! This DVD makes me want to see her live even more, which will happen once she returns from vocal chord surgery.
44 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2011
There's an incredible moment near the end of the concert, where Adele, overwhelmed with emotion and the support of the crowd, starts crying after singing "Someone Like You." The entire Royal Albert Hall immediately givers her a thunderous standing ovation that lasts for quite a while, clearly showing their overflowing love and appreciation for this amazing artist. The look on her face is one of pure heartfelt appreciation. And the crowd can't get enough. None of us can.

It's flabbergasting how talented this young woman is. If you've never seen her live, this is the closest you'll get and you won't be disappointed. I've seen her more times than I can count now, still bought this DVD, and still was blown away. Magnificent.
11 comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2016
I've seen a ton of live shows and I normally don't like to sit and watch concert videos, but upon hearing her 3rd album "25", I had to check out this fine young lady's live show. This was absolutely spectacular! She tells stories about her music and her life and drops some swear words in but that's part of what makes her real. It's captivating to watch her sing. You can clearly see her channel the energy from beyond our realm as she sings. Her music is simple, raw, emotional and truthful. The 100 minutes blazes by on this disc. Adele has that sultry voice and even does scat singing. There are covers done by The Cure and Bob Dylan which will blow you off your sofa! The image is Anamorphic Widescreen and the sound is available in 5.1 or standard stereo. To me, Adele is a lady that stepped out of a Victrola from the 1920s jazz/blues scene and brought sanity and class back to the music of our time.
on January 24, 2016
This review is not about Adele as a singer/performer as many people have already given their piece of mind about her here. This review strictly applies to the person/group who is producing this dvd. It is very painful to the eye to watch. I was very disturbed that i paid money to watch the camera man trying to zoom in and out. Really? Was all the blurry shots necessary in the final cut? I could not bear watching the DVD because of this but I tried to anyway because I bought the DVD to "watch" Adele perform. Well there was no way I could finish watching this dvd much longer. I will just listen to her CD only instead. I just threw my money down the drain because the producer was intoxicated or just didn't care what the viewers thought.
on May 28, 2012
Excellent in every area except for the profanity between songs (my students love Adele but I have to careful showing them the DVD-I do however, play the included CD, which skips all the banter between songs).

I've always liked Adele's live version of all her songs better than the studio version. They're generally slower and more emphatic.

The audience singing along is pretty cool, and obviously affects Adele.

As others have said, it's so nice to see a real, talented singer (unlike the hideous Gaga) who can sing acapella, or with just a piano-amazing, the power and feeling in her voice. The words aren't bad either-the first time I played "Someone like you" for my girlfriend (before it was being played on the radio) she started crying and it kind of blew me away!

It's cool that you get the DVD and CD.

I hate to take a star away...
on March 9, 2017
Lovely CD all the way through received DVD with my order its even better watching Adele in concert she explains what each song is about mostly from her past experience relationships and friendships its awesome
on December 28, 2016
Music and production phenomenal. Expletives between some numbers uncalled for and should have been edited out.
on March 7, 2017
I have not heard this music in the past. Can hardly wait
on March 27, 2017
Adele is the best ever!!!