From the Manufacturer
See exactly what is happening in every application, identify and fix bottlenecks before deployment, and tune the server for maximum performance. Use new debugging features that make it easier to debug code that does not run in a browser. Deploy Internet applications on leading J2EE application servers and smoothly integrate the applications into virtually any enterprise environment. And make users more productive with robust, multimedia-rich applications that run faster than ever before.
- Create applications in less time with fewer lines of code.
- Realize significant out-of-the-box performance increases for existing Adobe ColdFusion applications.
- Resolve bottlenecks quickly and tune applications for optimal performance.
- Increase end-user productivity with richer, more robust applications.
- Integrate Internet applications into virtually any enterprise environment.
- Create applications in less time: develop applications more rapidly in the easy-to-use ColdFusion development environment and reduce the number of lines of code in every application by encapsulating complex actions into simple, intuitive tags.
- Experience out-of-the-box performance gains: because Adobe ColdFusion 8 is the fastest version of the software ever, you can experience out-of-the-box gains in performance for every application--without any changes to the underlying code.
- Tune the server for faster performance: see exactly what is happening in every application, identify and fix bottlenecks before deployment, and tune the server for maximum performance using the new ColdFusion 8 Server Monitor.
- Enhance end-user experiences and productivity: create personalized, multimedia-rich applications in Adobe Flex or Ajax; let users interact with PDF forms; deliver more compelling, structured reports; and enable users to view high-quality, on-demand presentations that include animation, audio, and video.
- Smoothly integrate Internet applications into virtually any enterprise environment: Make Adobe ColdFusion 8 applications the hub of all enterprise resources thanks to support for both Java and .NET objects. Leverage integration with Microsoft Exchange Server to enable ColdFusion 8 applications to access calendars, tasks, and contacts.
- Create powerful Ajax applications quickly and simply: generate a complete Ajax data-management application without writing a single line of code and leverage powerful Ajax user interface controls, such as rich text editors, data grids, tab navigators, and more.
- Easily debug application code: set breakpoints, watch variables, and step through code, making it easier to debug code that does not run in a browser, such as CFCs, Web services, and remote calls to Flex applications.
- Deploy applications natively on leading server platforms: let Adobe ColdFusion 8 applications run natively on leading J2EE application servers, including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, and JBoss.
- Run multiple ColdFusion server instances: use the ColdFusion Enterprise Manager to create multiple instances of ColdFusion on a single server for application isolation, clustering, and high availability and scalability.
- Tailor Administrator and RDS access to fit your specific security needs: Create multiple ColdFusion Administrator and RDS accounts with individual permissions. The roles assigned to a user determine which pages in the ColdFusion Administrator and which functions in the Administrator API a user can access.