Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 134 reviews
on June 24, 2016
I've been buying Martin Evening's books with every new version of Photoshop released. I find them indispensable for creating good images by creating a solid workflow.
on November 29, 2012
The sheer size of this volume at first left me somewhat intimidated. Once I started on it, usually in front of my monitor with CS6 running, I have been unable to put it down. Evening picks up where Kelby leaves off, or as another reviewer aptly wrote, Kelby gives us the recipe while Evening teaches us to cook. Further, I have found the spine of the book to be strong and supple; the book can be held open one way or the other without having the book fall apart, as with Kelby's books. To sum, I thrive on detail and what makes things work; Evening's book comes very, very close to satisfying to answering all of my questions thus far about CS6. This book is a must have for photographers using CS6.
on March 18, 2013
Photoshop CS6 is powerful but often difficult to use. Evening's book goes through many examples of using different functions and he also provides additional content and pictures that are used in the chapters via an online web site. I also find many videos on Adobe TV for Photoshop to be very useful. [...]

In the book there are a few things that can be hard to find, for example a function called "stamp" is not listed in the index. It is buried under Layers > Merged Copy Layer (page 473) which you might never find so I think there are a few things that might be added to the index. The book is available in printed form as well as a downloadable Kindle book. You can get a free Kindle reader app for the PC desktop computer. The book quality is excellent and is well written. If you can own just one book on Photoshop, this would be it.
on May 29, 2017
Great Buy... Will order this item again.
on August 26, 2016
What I like:
In depth and detailed look at how to manage photoshop

What I don't like:
I think that it might be just that there was too much information at once, but it was difficult for me to read. There was also a lot in there that I felt was a bit unnecessary.... Like shooting in raw and how to install.
on June 24, 2013
I had to get this book for class and we didn't really use it so I looked through myself and it was a big help. It has sooo much information and explained things with pictures. It showed actual images of the drop down menus that lead you to the tool it is telling you to use so you knows exactly what you're doing instead of go here here here then here and scroll and on the side there is blah blah blahhh. So I would definitely recommend buying this book if you're a photographer or want to learn more about the confusing world of Photoshop.
on January 20, 2013
I learned GIMP before Photoshop (since it is free and quite powerful on its own). I since have purchased Photoshop, but find it cumbersome to learn--- it does alot, but is not all that intuitive. Just received this book the other day and have been reading parts of it. Its not a book you read from cover to cover, but one that read for something you want to learn more about. Slow reading for me as I'm not a Photoshop expert, but I can see that I'll be reaching for it many times in the future. Would be nice if the author wrote a companion book with a few projects and led us through the steps to accomplish tasks. For now I'll find the projects elsewhere and refer to this book for details.
on April 9, 2013
As always from this author the information is topical, useful and well-organized. As an experience CS6 user I still learned a lot about some of the more hidden functionality. I bought the ebook because I like to go back and forth on my laptop between the book and the actual menus in CS6. The way the ebook displays on my screen sometimes its hard to read the text and see the related example or figure at the same time. With such a large volume of info, I sometimes wish I'd gotten the printed version since finding things might be easier.
on August 22, 2013
The author has worked with and written about Photoshop for many years as each new edtion of the software has been released. This edition deals with changes in CS6 and starts with well written, illustrated summaries of each control in Camera Raw and Photoshop. These are followed by detail descriptions. I read the first half of the book straight through. The second half is best used as a reference work that the reader can dip into. There is a lot of information packed into 800 pages.
on January 3, 2013
This book tells a lot of stuff Kelby's book leaves out. Some of it is interesting and revelatory, but much of it is overly technical and theoretical. I think this book is not the first one to buy. But maybe the 2nd or 3rd.