Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Classroom in a Book
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 30, 2011
I am an experienced computer user. I have been happily using IMovie for several years with great success. I thought that it was time to try Adobe Premier Elements for movie editing and found the software so challenging that I purchased this tutorial book to help me learn how to use Premier Elements. My experience so far has been very poor. I have to read over some sections two or three times before understanding the steps that I should take. In several instances the book asks the user to find and click a particular "button" on the Premier Elements software only to be unable to find that "button." The bottom line is that I find using this book very frustrating; so much so that I am strongly considering throwing the book away and trying another publication that might help me learn this software.
on February 3, 2012
I agree with Rich. The book has a lot to be desire. The DVD attached ro the book only has some pictures in it and they are really bad. The DVD is very hard to accrss. It can't be loaded on your computer. It isn't worth the money. They should have started out with a simple example like Connect a camera to the computer, power it up, load premiere software, how to capture the video, edit it and than burn it to a DVD. Wonce you have a basic feel for the program, than start to add the special effects one by one.
on October 7, 2012
I really liked this book. It is by no means the fastest way to _use_ the product. The book is a group of lessons, that you really need to follow in series to understand. It's not really designed as a quick reference book....I think there are other books on the market better for that purpose. If you are looking to just jump right in and start editing a movie, I would look elsewhere.

However, if you really take this on as "a classroom in a book" then I think at the end of the lessons you really understand the software.

Definitely recommended for anyone who can spare the 20 or so hours it would take to do all the lessons, and really needs to understand the software.
on April 18, 2012
With simple programs the accompanied help is frequently sufficient for the needs of most users. Video editing on the other hand is one of the most complex of software types as it embraces a great many functions and this is where I found Classroom so helpful. Depending on what one is doing some chapters may be skipped over and others dealt with more intensely. I had worked out the basics intuitively but discovered much that I would have missed after getting into Classroom.
on July 4, 2012
I had used older versions of Premier Elements in the past, but never had any real training. Version 10 was different and improved over what I knew. This book walks you through each step at your own pace. I have been going through a chapter each weekend. The DVD that comes with it has some footage that you use in each chapter to learn new procedures. This is not a complete training course, but you learn the basics of all the features in Premiere and then you can use you own imagination to expand your knowledge. I think it would be a good book for a beginner.
on December 26, 2012
This tutorial gives a decent, if somewhat cursory, introduction to Premier Elements. The different modules walk the reader through the basics of importing video, assembling it into a story, and gussying it up using the existing templates. What it is not is a comprehensive manual that can be used to research how to do some of the more complex tasks that the software is capable of. I would have liked a book that doubles as a learning tool and a reference manual. At about $20, you'll get your money's worth, but it leaves a lot to be desired for mastery of PE.
on January 13, 2012
My original review of this was less than pretty. since then, both the author and the press (Peachpit) have addressed my concerns. I find it amazing that neither Adobe nor Adobe Press felt fit to respond to my issues (the displays in the organizer were black thumbnails.)

All is now good due to efforts by a few select individuals. It does prove that the authors and publishers do read the reviews on here. I only gave 4 stars since I haven't worked very far into the book, spending over 2 weeks getting things resolved so they would work.

Stay tuned as I update this reveiw...In typical fashion of these books, I expect this to be a good treatise of the subject.
on October 15, 2013
I have tried to use this book multiple times now. Each time I get very frustrated and give up. I have been under the impression that it was just me but that can't be the case. The book just does not follow the program. I would like to go into greater detail but as of right now I have lost the desire to waste any more of my energy on it.
on January 1, 2012
I found this book is very easy to understand, very clear and logical step by step guide to learn the software. Chapters has project exercises and provides files to work with. I do recommend this book.
on May 4, 2012
Better than nothing, but not the greatest in the world. I played around w/ the app a little before buying the book. That helped. If you're looking to learn the app only via the book, there might be better ways.

As for the vendor who sold it to me, they were great. No issues.