Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Adobe and Rammed Earth Buildings: Design and Construction Paperback – September 1, 1989
Books Inspired by Greenbuild 2016
Featured resources on green building, BIM, and sustainable design.Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
- adobe brick manufacturing
- adobe brick wall construction
- rammed earth wall construction
- window and door detailing
- earth wall finishes
- floor and roof structures
- mechanical considerations. Whether you're designing a new building or renovating an existing structure, "Adobe and Rammed Earth Buildings" can show you how to achieve better results.
Top Customer Reviews
2. After reading a great amount of the latest available research on adobe and rammed earth my take away message was that it isn't worth the bother. A. Earth is not an insulator. A 12 inch thick wall puts a 12 hour phase delay on thermal transfer. A three foot wall is more phase delay. B. Any time the thermal cycles are not optimal then you need a real insulator. Think of a week of really hot or cold weather. Since a real thermal insulator is required anyway why bother with a building material that the inspectors don't like and has a hard time meeting code.