Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adobe Acrobat Reader- PDF Reader and more
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on December 30, 2011
I disagree with many of the reviews her that say this does not work on Kindle Fire and here is why...

The Kindle Fire comes with a built in app to read PDF files, however it is a little anemic. This app gives you much more capability. For example, you can view the PDF file in variuous modes (such as continuous, single page and automatic). Also, with a quick touch you can send the PDF file as an attachment through Email. And finally (and perhaps most importantly) you can do a search on the file to find instances of your search throughout the entire document. The included Kindle Fire app can NOT do searches. This is a feature I use all the time so I think that makes this app indispensible.
66 comments| 1,011 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
Having adobe reader on my kindle firw has made easier to download and read Pdt files onthe go. With some features available such highlightening, commenting and other has made it more productive with all of the documents I have. I loveit.
on November 18, 2011
I tried another app first because it had better reviews, but it would not show my files unless I paid for their full version. Adobe however has worked great for me so far. The files I wanted came right up no problem.
0Comment| 344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2013
I recently downloaded this on our Kindle Fire HD because I have a few large reference books (legitimately!) stored as PDFs, and I just couldn't live without the bookmark and search features which seem to be absent from the Kindle's native PDF reader.

However, I discovered that the performance of a search on a light tablet like the Kindle, as opposed to a PC, is prohibitively slow in the large (500+ page) documents where I tried to use it. I tried to search a phrase that I knew appeared exactly as typed in a document, but the Kindle fell asleep trying to find it, and I had to wake it up and kill Reader. It would probably be fine in smaller documents, but in this usage the app failed to meet expectations.

For general reading, the Adobe Reader is noticeably slower than the native reader, but not so much that it gets in the way. Adobe Reader presents three options for layout: continuous feed, single-page (like the native reader), and "text reflow", which tries to simulate the pure-text mode of the Kindle's book viewer. Again, this third mode would probably work better on documents that are purely textual, but for anything with a complex layout, the app got terribly confused. Unless you hate single-page view for some personal reason, stick with it, as it seems to give the best performance.

Still, the addition of navigation by bookmarks puts the Adobe Reader head and shoulders above the native Kindle reader for large documents, as long as the PDF documents themselves contain good ToCs and/or bookmarks. For large reference books (including textbooks, roleplaying game source material, etc.) there is no better way to get around, and the Kindle's native PDF reader simply doesn't provide it.

Another minor advantage over the Kindle's native reader is that Adobe Reader supports internal document links. The Kindle's reader will underline links for you, to show you that they're present, but won't follow them if you try to click on them. The Adobe Reader highlights document links with a contrasting background, and as long as you zoom in close enough for it to recognize your tap as "follow this link" instead of "bring up menus", it will jump to the link's destination. It's a bit clunky, but it is an additional navigational aid you don't get with the native reader, which only teases you with its possibility.

So, the TL;DR version: Get Adobe Reader if you need to navigate large documents or books-as-PDF; for smaller documents, the Kindle's native reader may serve your needs better.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2012
The positive on this app is familiarity. It looks just like the full big-brother version. It is not fast like the its windows version but takes care of the needs
on November 18, 2011
It gets the job done, and for pdfs it is a lot better than the kindle reader, but I cant help think that there is a lighter weight Pdf reader out there. It takes a while to load and what is really annoying.is how slow the menus are, like for the book marks and file browsing.
on February 8, 2013
I have always had adobe reader on all my computers--I depend on its compatability and ease of use for many different files that I download.
on January 2, 2013
The app does allow viewing of pdf files. However, it would be more helpful if it were bundled with an Adobe flash player app.
11 comment| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2013
I needed to view PDF files on my new Nexus 7. I checked out the Amazon App store and found the Adobe reader there for my tablet. There were several other PDF readers to choose from. However, I picked Adobe. It was, as I expected, extreemely easy to use, intuiitive, fast, did all the functions I expected it to do--and it was free. I have total certainty that the Adobe reader
will be able to read ANY PDF file (as they are the original creators of PDF)! Why use anything
less?
on January 19, 2012
As a pdf reader, this does the job well enough, but when you want to remove a document from your Kindle that you downloaded to it from your computer, there is no way that I have found to do it. (If someone knows and shares that info, I will edit this to reflect that) The other methods for removing documents do not have any effect on those stored in this app. The good thing about it for Kindle Fire users is that you can make the print bigger or smaller with a touch--much improving the reading experience over the Kindle 2, which is our other one.