Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 4, 2016
this doll is awful, it fell apart after 4 days of light use. do not recommend at all
review image
11 people found this helpful
on July 24, 2015
This is a cute little doll. I got it for my 14-month-old, so I’m glad it’s smaller than standard dolls. It’s the perfect size for this age. I also like that this model has enough ethnic options that I was able to find a combination that resembles my daughter (light brown skin, brown eyes). Though I wouldn’t call the baby’s skin “light brown” like the title says. Not at all. It’s still within the range of “white”, with a pinkish hue, which was disappointing. The picture makes it look like a more balanced, yellower beige. I wish it was darker and a nicer color, but it’s still darker than the stereotypical pink white of Western caucasians, so it works as both a latino baby, and as a brunette-with-brown-eyes-but-still-sorta-white baby. The “hair” on the baby is a disappointing yellowish brown. I was hoping for a darker brown, given the eyes, but it’s really light. The head is molded to look like there’s a bit of hair and it’s painted, but it’s not too bad. Just a bit of a shadow on top of the head. I’m saying all this because I noticed a lot of questions on these dolls asking about skin color. As the mother of an “ethnic” baby, I’ve started paying attention to these things myself.

We’ve only had the doll for a week, so I can’t speak about durability yet, but I’ll update my review once we’ve had it longer. I noticed that there are a lot of reviews saying the doll fell apart quickly, but I also noticed that those are from two years ago, and that the manufacturer replied to the reviews seeking contact, which is encouraging. I’m hoping that by now the doll has been improved, and the current version doesn’t fall apart quickly. We’ll see.

The doll has been a total success with my daughter. She had a rag doll before, which she paid no attention to whatsoever, but I think that one was too abstract for her (two dots for a nose, club hands and feet, ropy hair, etc. classic rag doll look). But she loves babies, both real ones and in pictures, so this realistic baby doll was just what she needed. She squeals “baby!” whenever she sees it, carries it around, hugs and kisses it, and puts it to sleep in its bed (shoebox). The hat that comes off has been a big success with her, too. She even seems to like the smell - she sniffs the baby occasionally, and seems pleased. I don’t like the smell myself - it is quite strong, and unnecessary. I didn’t know that dolls nowadays came perfumed! It was nauseating straight out of the box, but after a week, you have to actually put your nose to the doll to smell it, which is an improvement.

If it doesn’t fall apart quickly, this will definitely be a five-star purchase.

UPDATE: We've had this doll for a year now. It's still my daughter's favorite toy of all time! She's had a couple other dolls since, but nothing has come even close to the love she has for this one. It ended up quite durable - no ripping anywhere, despite a year's worth of rough toddler love. We have a real baby now, and my toddler loves mimicking with this doll what I do with the baby - she routinely steals from the baby's diapers to put on her doll, she burps it and rocks it to sleep. She's in potty training now, and so is the doll, with a toy potty of its own, which was also a huge success. This doll has been awesome! I highly recommend it. Oh, and the smell is still there, unfortunately, but we've all gotten used to it by now.
on January 8, 2018
I would give this doll five stars if it didn’t smell so weird. I don’t remember reading in the description that the doll comes with a “fresh baby powder scent” but as soon as you open the box—whew!!! It’s not gross, but it is SUPER strong and if I’d known it was a scented doll I would’ve looked elsewhere. (And yes it’s intentional—it’s advertised on the box!) Otherwise I adore this baby; it’s not gender specific physically so it’s just the clothes that indicate a possible gender. I wanted a boy doll for my son, just because girl dolls are so common. My daughter also loves this doll and between her and my son they carry this doll around the house and car constantly. It’s soft and really quite adorable. The perfect size for 2-6-year-old arms.
One person found this helpful
on January 27, 2017
While I loved the doll for my grandson, it has a terrible, perfumed smell to it. I'm afraid to ask them if the smell has diminished yet as I feel pretty bad about it. There was no description of the doll, in the ad or on the package, that would lead me to believe it has a fragrance. Smells like it was dunked in vat of perfume or Febreeze!
No fragrance free house could tolerate this doll, what a miss on Adora's part!
on February 12, 2013
I bought this doll for my two year old for Christmas. The doll is very cute , the right size for a child her age and very detailed. I loved the way it looked.
This item is poorly constructed. It is only Feb. and this doll is falling apart. All the seams that connect the arms and legs to the body are coming apart. There appears to be a zip tie that holds this items to the body , and that has poked through the cloth and made holes on each of the legs and arms.
I am so disappointed . It is my daughter's favorite baby , and it really is very cute.
46 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 12, 2017
I purchased two of these dolls for my home daycare just a few months ago. They are cute and the kids love them. I am very disappointed that the silky fabric of the body has began to rip at the neckline, the stuffing is coming out and the dolls heads are almost off. I feel that the dolls have not been played with too rough and that they should have lasted a lot longer than just a few short months.
on June 22, 2017
The overall look of this toy is fine, however, the smell is AWFUL! I feel it anywhere in the room, it is so cloying and sickening, I am considering throwing this toy away, since I missed the return window. I am sure it is toxic, too, since I could not find any disclaimer in the description that it is made with non-toxic materials, and the smell is downright toxic.
2 people found this helpful
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 26, 2014
Daughter seems to like doll so gave it a couple stars for that. Likes that its a boy. She has mostly girl dolls. Did see reviews that it fell apart but have another adora doll that giggles. No problems with it so took a chance. The foot of this doll fell off. Had to tape it and put band aid on telling our daughter baby has a boo boo. This particular adora doll is cheaply made, not as cute as pictured and outfit looks worn already.

Update: Hand fell off in car today. More band aids. Thankfully my daughter is not traumatized by her baby's limbs falling off. And so glad I had band aids on me. She has about 15 dolls. No problems with rest. She is not rough with them. She loves her babies. Such a shame. She loves this doll. This doll has a high rating overall. Guess some of us got dolls made when there was problems with production.
5 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 26, 2016
Happy to have a boy, darker skin toned baby for my son. That he can identify with. Getting ready for him to be a big brother so this was a great buy. Also bought doll stroller in blue, along with magic bottles.
3 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2015
My son carries this baby doll everywhere!! It's seriously so cute!! I bought this for him for Christmas and the baby doll actually still has that baby powder smell to it! This baby became my son's best friend besides his brother! :)
review image