Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adora PlayTime Baby- Little Princess, 13" Washable Soft Body Play Doll for Children 12 months & up, with Pink Romper & Bottle
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 19, 2011
I did hours of research looking for dolls online for my 19 month old twins for Christmas. I originally wanted Madame Alexander dolls since that's what I had for my first big baby doll. I decided to wait on them because they are so expensive and the doll I liked best was really too large for them right now.
After lots of looking (not happy with the appearance of any of the babies I saw in stores or on-line) I found these precious babies. I ordered the one with blue eyes for the blonde twin and one with brown eyes for the brunette twin.
When they arrived in the mail yesterday I was very pleased with them! SO pretty and such sweet faces. I love that they can suck their thumbs and you can actually put the bottle in their mouths. They also say that they are machine washable. The size is perfect for a toddler. They even have beautiful little eyelashes.
They won't get them until Christmas, but I know they'll love them. VERY happy with my investment! :)

UPDATE: It's been a couple Christmas's and the girls still love their baby dolls. The eyes are beautiful glass with real eyelashes. They don't open and close, but I think that's probably good so they don't poke at them. :) We've ordered some larger dolls this Christmas, but these babies will still be played with, I am sure. Nice size for 3.5 year olds to take along on errands.
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2014
After hours of research I chose this baby doll for our 2 year old daughter for Christmas. After two weeks of normal play (dressing/strolling around) both arms have started to separate from the main body and a tear has appeared on the back seam. I am very disappointed with this doll and would not recommend it. I will post pictures as well.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2015
The doll came packaged beautifully, and really does have a sweet, baby powder scent that has lasted. My 2-year old daughter loved it. However, one month later, after normal use by a two-year old little girl, the stitching has come away from the seam where the soft body is sewn to the fabric attached to the rubber head. The plush is spilling out, and it does not look like an easy fix with my amateur sewing skills. I like simple, old-fashioned but high-quality toys for my children. I thought I was getting this with a sweet little baby doll, with no bells and whistles (doesn't talk or light up). The cheap Walmart doll I got her for her first birthday (similar style, soft body with rubber head and limbs) is still going strong despite being taken on walks to the park, slept with every night, and played with for hours every day. That one was half the price but will be the one she plays with now that this one has all the stuffing spilling out the neck (looks more fitting for a Halloween display now). Was hoping this would be a baby doll she would keep into adulthood as a special keepsake of girlhood. Bottom line, poorly-made and a disappointment.
review image review image
on December 27, 2012
I couldn't believe my eyes :0 I felt something sharp while holding the doll I looked at the leg and to my surprise there was a zip tie poking out of where the silk meets the plastic of the leg! I thought it must just hold the doll down to the packaging and I just missed removing it??? Nope the zip ties are woven under the silk to keep the hands and feet on! On Both of my daughters dolls legs the zip ties are SHARP and have come through the silk;( My daughter loves to have her baby sleep with her and i was so sad that after Sants brought her, mommy had to take her away;( I know if she rubs against her she would CUT herself on her new BABY!!! SAD
33 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 13, 2015
Color: DOT|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Straight out of the box this doll is adorable. A baby powder scent from her limbs is pleasant and she has a soft body with vinyl limbs and head. No hair, just fake brunette hair on her head. She has beads or something in the body to allow her to sit up like a beanie type doll. She is small at 13" and weighs less than a pound so even the smallest baby can play with her.

Having said all that, when I received the doll, her fabric body has already separated from her neck and has a large opening now. I don't see a way to sew it back to anything so I'm putting this one up for now. Very disappointing that a doll that costs as much as this one has such a big flaw. Reading the other reviews I see I'm not the only one who had this problem. Get it together, doll manufacturer!!

It is a cute doll and just the right size for a tiny one. Too bad the fabric makes me mark it down.
on May 8, 2013
This doll came exactly as shown in the picture. She's very sweet and has a nice light sweet fragrance. HOWEVER .. Rewriting this review 2 years later..originally gave this doll 5 stars and the doll is still in good shape BUT not the snaps on her clothes. The snaps on the clothing consisted of 12 small .. really tiny metal parts. Now 6 parts of the snaps have come off and disappeared. Hopefully, these parts have been vacuumed away by now. There are even more grandbabies since this purchase that pick up every little speck off the floors and put them in their mouths! I will be removing the final 6 parts and replacing them with sewn on Velcro.
on September 19, 2013
I had this doll sent to my granddaughter for her birthday. After only 3 weeks or so one of the hands pulled away from the cloth stitching.
on July 22, 2014
These dolls are so cute!!! They look better in person. I couldn't get over how pretty they are when I opened the box!!! I am so happy I ordered these for our granddaughters!! I put off ordering these dolls last year because some people said the zip ties on the limbs were sharp and poking through the cloth and they were afraid of their child getting hurt. I inspected each tie on both of the dolls I got and I found no sharp ends on either doll. So, if it was a problem they have fixed it. They look well made, their clothes too and they smell so good!!!! Their thumb and bottle fits in their mouths real good. I know our granddaughters will love these dolls with their sleep eyes!! I am very please with these dolls and I maybe ordering more in the future!! I think any little girl would be happy with these dolls!!! Our granddaughters have medium skin and brown eyes and these dolls will be perfect for them. I love that they have different coloring choices in these dolls!! Although I can't say how well they hold up since the girls don't have them yet, I felt I could let people know how well made they are. I will try to come back after the girls have had them for a while and leave an update on how well they hold up. They are the best I have seen so far and I have checked out a lot of dolls!!! I don't buy cheaply made things for the kids. I want something that will hold up for the kids.
on January 10, 2013
I cannot tell you how much research went into purchasing this doll. This was a Christmas present for my 2 1/2 year old that wanted another doll but already had several. Her favorite has been the Jenna Doll from Melissa and Doug. I was afraid I wasn't going to find a better doll for her than that one. I wouldn't say this is better than the Jenna Doll, but it was still a good buy.

The coloring is a bit different than her other dolls, but I would not call it deadish as other reviewers. It's darker than my light Caucasian skin but not tan. This doll has drawn on eyebrows and real-ish eyelashes. Her eyes do not open and close which was a downside for me, but they are still sweet. Her thumb and bottle fit easily into her mouth and her hands and feet are in sweet positions. In my opinion, her body is a little overstuffed and the way her arms are attached to her body is a bit weird. I will be uploading photos to the product page so you can see what the body looks like. The body material is shiny, smooth, and soft. I haven't washed anything yet but I think I would be afraid of her eyelashes coming off. She has beans weighing her bottom down she it adds a bit of weight (though not as heavy as the Jenna Doll by Melissa and Doug) and she is able to sit on her own. She has a tiny hint of a scent but it's not bad at all and I don't notice it that much.

Overall I like this doll and would purchase it again but if I only gave my daughter one doll, I think I would go with Melissa and Doug's Jenna, personally. However, this doll is bigger than that one which will be nice for larger toddlers. It's a fine doll with a sweet expression and my daughter really likes to play with her. Since my daughter loves her that's all that matters.
review image review image
on January 4, 2015
I was so excited when I ordered this for my 2 year old daughter. My joy quickly turned to disappointment when I took her out of the package. There was a huge rip in the seam of her shirt and her pant legs were 2 different shades of pink. Not to mention that her left arm is posed very awkwardly. You definitely get what you pay for!
review image review image review image