Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution: A Proven 4-Week Program to Rescue Your Metabolism, Hormones, Mind & Mood Hardcover – January 31, 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“With The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution, Dr. Romm guides readers on a profound journey of transformational healing. Not only do we realize that our fears are misguided but further, Dr. Romm reveals a clear path to leaving our symptoms behind and living to our highest potential.” (Gabrielle Bernstein, #1 New York Times bestseller)
“It has never been more critical to develop insight into the vital importance of adrenal and thyroid health. Now, in the era of patient-directed healing, Dr. Aviva Romm brings you a powerful, easy-to-use guide to begin your journey toward your most empowered self.” (Kelly Brogan, M.D., holistic women’s health psychiatrist and author of A Mind of Your Own)
“Initially, before my Graves’ diagnosis I was brushed off by my doctor as just being stressed out. Dr. Romm is an outstanding physician and a voice of hope for all of us women who are not being heard by conventional medicine.” (Amy Myers, M.D., author of The Thyroid Connection and The Autoimmune Solution)
“Prescription-based remedies for thyroid and adrenal issues focus on short term, symptom-based fixes. Gratefully, Dr. Romm reveals how specific lifestyle choices incorporated into a cohesive and encompassing program can address what actually underlies these issues, paving the way for radical improvement and taking back your health.” (David Perlmutter, M.D., board-certified neurologist, Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, and author of Grain Brain and The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan)
“The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution is the beginning of a new era in women’s health where women can finally stop accepting exhaustion, brain fog, extra weight, and emotional imbalance as the norm and take more control of their health and wellbeing.” (Frank Lipman, M.D. New York Times bestselling author of The New Health Rules)
“Aviva Romm has helped thousands of women silently suffering from ‘medically unexplained symptoms’ that dramatically decrease the quality of life. This empowering new book will give you a plan to uncover what is at the root of these confusing health problems and show you how to love your body again.” (Vani Hari, Founder of Foodbabe.com and New York Times Best Selling Author of The Food Babe Way)
“Don’t live one more day heading down an unhealthy and unnecessary path. Buy this book and let Dr. Aviva Romm remind you how good you deserve to feel and teach you how to find the balance and health your body, mind, and spirit are craving.” (Danielle DuBoise and Whitney Tingle, founders of Sakara)
About the Author
Dr. Aviva Romm is a Yale-trained, board-certified family physician with a specialty in women’s health and obstetrics; certified professional midwife; and herbalist. Referred to as "the face of natural medicine in the 21st century" by Prevention Magazine, she is a member of the Yale Integrative Medicine Program’s Advisory Board, and currently serves as an Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is what frustrates me:
- The recipes do not match up well to the Reboot meal plan. One of the first recipes is for the Vegan Nutrient Detox Broth... she recommends making a big batch before starting the Reboot. The FIRST ingredient is potatoes - a nightshade - which you are to avoid for the first three weeks. The breakfast on the 7th day is the Power Parfait with (optional) granola. The granola is made up of oats and nuts - two things that are to be avoided for the first two weeks. Why even list granola on week one if there aren't supposed to be nuts/grains consumed? The first lunch recipe on week 1 (The Mediterranean Board) has SIX items that should not be included in week 1. There are so many you have to remove, there isn't much left... Luckily, I have enough experience in a kitchen to realize this oversight and substitute. If I were a newbie to this lifestyle/style of detox this would be very confusing and frustrating. Unfortunately, the main reason I wanted this book (the menu plan for the first weeks of reboot) is not living up to my expectations.
- There are recipe names listed that aren't in the book (at least the Kindle version). For example, a Tuscan Kale Salad is listed for the Mediterranean Board, but isn't in the book that I can find.
- This menu plan requires A TON of cooking. And this is coming from a stay at home mom that currently cooks 90% of what my family eats... so I'm not shy of cooking. For example, the Mediterranean Board on week one LUNCH has you making SIX different recipes (hummus, kale salad, pasta salad, roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted potatoes + veggies, pesto).
- The menu plan and recipe charts are TINY on a Kindle. They are super hard to see, and if I were to do this over again, I would buy the actual book.
- In order to fully use this book, you will need to flip back and forth to various charts and plans and recipes. Again, this is challenging on a Kindle. Buy the physical book if you want to actually implement this plan without throwing your Kindle across the room (SOS-inducing, anyone?).
I really love Dr. Romm and thoroughly enjoyed her interview on The Good Life Project, which inspired me to purchase this book. I also think this book has great information, but don't expect to use the meal plans and recipes as written for the first few weeks, which is when people most likely need the most ideas/ support.
The recipes are incredible, and the information is so helpful. I was recently diagnosed with Graves Disease, and while hyperthyroid and Graves isn't mentioned much in the book the diet plan and recipes are!