- File Size: 4611 KB
- Print Length: 93 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Plutoid Press (November 12, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 12, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0056BLH2I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #520,665 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Adrift (Callisto Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
"Guardians of the Galaxy" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the new motion picture. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
With that all said the length of this novella means the story could have been fleshed out more with a satisfactory conclusion on the genetic experiments. We know the people behind that were taken out but I'm sure there's children out there already 'in the system', being trained to kill. Taking out the top guys doesn't mean the mad scientist isn't still out there, experimenting and causing mayhem. The relationship between the H & h needs a bit more maturing, too -- To know their relationship will work beyond surviving against all odds. -- Dan's Wife
The story premise is OK, and the pacing is good. There are some silly implausibilities but, from the beginning, one knows not to take the story too seriously. There are few grammatical errors. It's all in fun and highly recommended, especially if you can pick it up while it's free.
Enter the hero.
Dashing, smart, brave, and self loathing... that's right; Norik doesn't like to subscribe to the normal stereotypes any more than the annoying woman he's forced to share a room with on the trip back to his ship, the Callisto. All he wants is to be left alone to brood until he can get back to commanding his crew. However Norik will soon discover that this trip will be anything but peaceful. And not just because Jasmine can't keep her nose out of his private life.
For a first time author Erica Conroy has delivered exactly what she promised with the tagline; `Hearts will ache and heads will roll...' Norik is haunted by his past and tries to keep Jasmine from getting passed his emotional walls with almost as much determination as he fights to keep them both alive, and Jasmine discovers a genuine desire to help that somewhat overrides her natural tendency to do whatever it takes to find the truth of a subject. Through their shared ordeal they both learn to open up and let someone see the people behind the mask their jobs require. Even the secondary characters, specifically the crew of the Callisto, have a richness that makes you truly believe they are a crew who have been through many adventures together before we've come across them.
Callisto: Adrift has left me wanting more. More banter. More danger. More heads rolling. But most importantly, more adventures of the Callisto crew!
I just discovered Erica Conroy and, I must say, her work is quite impressive. I'm a sci-fi, Star Trek fan and this story is a fantastic, action packed, flirtatious, and comedic romance from the treky dimension. I love her easy, fast paced story telling and what really hooked me was the natural comedy and unique characters.
Ms. Conroy does not allow too much scenic or character descriptions and the romance scenes were PG13, few and far in between. I would have given her a 5 star except I am an adult reader and violence nudity and erotica are essential R rated necessities of life. I love the unique BIG surprises in those sex scenes but just wasn't long or detailed enough. Play up the bedroom antics!! Other than that it was a uniquely heartwarming romantic tale. I will be reading her entire series. You have hooked a fan Erica!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera