- Paperback: 696 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2 edition (August 12, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826134262
- ISBN-13: 978-0826134264
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.6 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 163 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #22,894 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review: Fast Facts and Practice Questions, Second Edition 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
This is a well written, comprehensive review aimed at preparing readers for successfully completing a board certification exam. ...This is a wonderful comprehensive review in a concise study guide format.
(5 Stars)--Doody's Book Review Service
(Praise for the first edition)
The second edition of this acclaimed ANP review continues to promote efficient, time-saving study by synthesizing the key content needed to pass the NP Certification Exam into a concise, well-organized format. Using test-taking strategies meticulously developed by the author, the Review provides unique ?question dissection techniques,? targeted key content review, 600 extensive practice questions, and detailed, current exam information in a fast facts style. This second edition includes an extensive new section on geriatrics that encompasses body/metabolic changes, common disorders, and hospice/ethical considerations. The book also presents an expanded, intensive pharmacology review, 100 new exam questions, and is the only review to offer a new research chapter providing elements of research needed for E-B practice.
The book reviews the complete adult lifespan from adolescence on, and covers non-clinical content including ethics, medico-legal issues, advanced practice law, and reimbursement guidelines. The review of primary care disorders is organized by body system. The content is applicable for certification exams for both the ANCC and the AANP.New to this edition:
- Reorganized for greater ease of use
- Provides extensive new section on geriatrics covering body/metabolic changes, common disorders, and hospice/ethical considerations
- Contains expanded intensive-style pharmacology review
- Presents elements of research needed for E-B practice
- Includes 100 new questions for a total of 600 ?high-yield? questions
- Delineates strategic ?question dissection techniques? for test success, developed by the author, a leading provider of exam preparation education for over 20 years
- Provides precisely targeted content review
- Offers 600 extensive practice questions and detailed exam information
- Includes Exam Tips and Clinical Tips help to prioritize
- The author?s company, ARNP Services, Inc. has helped thousands of nurses pass their certification exams nationwide
- It is the only book to present elements of research needed for E-B practice
About the Author
Maria T. Codina Leik, MSN, APRN, BC, FNP-C is the President and Principal Lecturer at National ARNP Services, Inc., her own company. Well-known for her ability to simplify complex concepts for her students, she is a popular speaker and educator. Ms. Leik taught previously in the NP program at Florida International University Graduate School of Nursing. She is Board Certified in two specialties: Family NP and Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP by the AANP and ANCC. Her research findings have been presented at an international HIV conference as well as at nursing conferences. In addition to her two NP certification review books published by Springer Publishing, she is the author of book chapters in two NP textbooks. Ms. Leik is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society.
Browse award-winning titles. See more