Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,658 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,709 reviews
on August 27, 2012
There are a couple other of these cables here on Amazon, with sketchy reviews. Some say the plug doesn't quite fit correctly, or it doesn't charge the tablet fast enough, or transfer data as well. I've had none of those problems with this cable. I put the plug side by side with the stock Samsung plug, and they look identical. The cable itself is high quality, flexible, and has the length I need so I don't have to worry about hunting for outlets anymore. Charging and data transfer are just as good as with the stock cable. If you are skeptical, don't hesitate to grab it.
55 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2012
Yes, this cable WILL work on the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.

No, it will not enable simultaneous charging via USB and PC sync mode, as the name awkwardly implies.

It's still a good cable to have on hand, as it is extra long and the cable that Samsung supplies with their tablets tends to be on the extra-short side.
99 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2012
Not sure why Samsung chose to use a cable that is way too short to be able to use the Galaxy Note 10.1 while charging. I bought Aduro cable hoping that this would solve that problem. However, while the cable does allow charging, it does so at an incredibly slow pace compared to the the Samsung OEM cable. I'm talking the Samsung is 10 times faster. Plus, if you are using the tablet while the Aduro cable is plugged in, the charge level remains the same. I guess that means you can't charge the tablet while you are using it. That was the reason I bought the longer cable to begin with.
2020 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2012
After several searches, I chose this cord because of the price, and the fact the my original cord was stolen. The extra length, is great! But the charging time, not so much... From about 30%, it took almost 12 hours to reach 95%, with airplane mode on, and shut off. I work with this by doing most of my charging while I sleep. Data transfer, is about the same as the original cord was, so no complaints there. As long as I don't do too much with my tablet, I can make a charge last a full day, but one movie, or a couple games, and I'm forced to shut it off, and let it charge for several hours. But since this is a replacement for my stolen orignal, it works great! It will gain a slght charge when plugged in and on, but the battery icon has a line through it, and claims to be in data transfer mode, even when plugged into the wall. It could be because I don't have the original wall plug, but again, this is so much better than nothing at all. I plan on buying an official replacement, but will definitely keep this cord, even if only for the extra length.
on October 24, 2012
As you'll see I don't review many products. However, I wanted to put some folks at ease regarding the prospect of buying this cable.
I know, it's not a life or death decision and it's pretty inexpensive, but I hate buying garbage cables, because in most cases I wind up having to spend more on a replacement for my replacement with a decent cable I should have purchased in the first place. That make sense? Shrug... Buying this cable was a risk, but I'm glad I did.

The cable is great. It's thicker than the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) cable and the extra length is why I purchased it. It's as described and better quality and better thickness than I had expected.
I also bought a 10 foot cable from a seller in China and I can tell you the quality of this one is far superior to the 10 ft I bought. I'd say it's almost double the thickness.. at least 1/3rd thicker.

Some reviewers mentioned a difficult fit and a hard time figuring out which side goes up.
The top side of the 30 pin connection is easy to pick because the edges of the side that faces up are black (as shown in the picture). It fits very well, and I don't worry about it pulling out, nor do I worry that it's going to be stuck in the tablet or require too much force to remove.

This cable works for charging with the OEM plug only. To charge with other usb plugs you would require a USB power adapter which I couldn't find here on Amazon, but I found on ebay for $3.99 under search term 'USB Power Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (it's a small white usb plug). - Just thought this bit of information might come in handy. I'd link to it, but I don't think Amazon wants me linking to another site.
With the aforementioned adapter I can use my new cable to charge from any usb plug outlet. Considering the OEM plug is quite bulky this has made it possible to bring a smaller usb plug and the adapter along with my cable, and be more compact when taking it somewhere.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much thought into purchasing this. It's an easy decision - buy it.

R
77 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
My tablet tried to charge when plugged in, after 15 hours I had 30% charge. Buy an extension cord for 2 bucks and use only Samsung stuff. I wanted it to work.
on October 8, 2013
This product does not work as the OEM cord does on my Galaxy Note 10.1. I used the OEM 110V to 5V plug that came with the tablet and this extra long cord would not charge the tablet while it was powered on. I bought this primarily as an extra long power cord so that I have more versatility while charging the battery. I did NOT check the charging capabilities while the tablet was off nor did I check the cables usefulness as a data cable.
on January 21, 2014
I use my tablet mostly as an e-reader and have been frustrated that in most motels there's no outlet close enough to the bed to reach with the standard cable. These extra-long cables are perfect because there is usually an outlet behind or on the bedside lamp. Of course, some are now providing USB charging outlets beside the bed. The longer cable amkes it easier to use those as well.
on December 3, 2013
It still charges, but while pulling the USB end from the 'brick' after charging(the end on the right in the picture), the cover on the USB insert actually comes off! I remove it from there so that I don't pull the actual cord out, and I get the whole cover coming off! :/

I gave it 2 stars because it actually charges, but aside from that, it's poorly made, poor quality.
on November 13, 2012
This cord is great, I had to travel a lot this past year. You never know where you are going to need to plug in to charge. Stuck at an airport or at someones house, even when the charge is low, I can still plug in to charge while using my tablet at the same time. With the old cord, it was too short to charge and use at the same time and I always had to carry around a USB extension too. Now, at 6.5 ft length, I won't need an extension.