Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 4, 2015
Pros:
- Big Display: My eyesight prescription is -6.75, so when I take out my contacts, the display is big enough to read the numbers (although blurry, just because my vision is THAT bad).
- I liked the look.
Cons:
- The on/off switch for the alarm was okay, but I would prefer a button to shut off my alarm, not switching it off every morning, then switching it back on.
- You have to press the button each time you want the numbers to move while setting it. It does not advance if you hold the hour/minute buttons down.
- Here's the biggest problem that I don't see in the comments. I ordered this twice, both having the same issue. If the alarm button is turned to "on", but not positioned just right, the alarm light will turn off and the alarm will not go off. Even in the "on" position. I think this is an inconvenience that I shouldn't have to double check all the time to make sure it's positioned exactly as needed. And if by chance something bumps it? I would not be woken up in the morning.
on August 28, 2011
Since i don't have a cable box, i wanted something to sit on my entertainment center to tell the time.. Unfortunately, this clock is garbage. I thought at first it served the purpose, but it loses time so fast. It seems to lose about one minute a month, so i'm constantly having to reset it. I've never had a digital clock that's lost time like this thing does.

I don't recommend it, and think other options should be researched prior to buying this inexpensive clock.

I gave it 2 stars because it does tell time, and it's clear and easy to read. It's not distracting while sitting next to my TV either. If only it didn't drift, it'd be perfect.
3 helpful votes
on December 29, 2013
Numbers just shy of 2 inches, I love this clock...yeh I know, it's hard to love a clock.
The letters are nice and big and visible without my glasses. It does not bother me at night, but it is bright with no adjustment.

The snooze is on the top, on a long button; the rest of the controls are high on the back, on a narrow horizontal ledge . Very easy though and almost intuitive.
The alarm goes beep-beep, beep-beep, not very obnoxious, at least to me; the alarm button is not super large, slides side-to-side, also on same ledge, high back, right. Probably the smallish size of the alarm button would be the only drawback, if one must have one.

Best thing besides the size of the numbers is the slight elevation of the clock up on the foot. Previously I had gotten a flat-footed clock (the one with the colored numbers), and it got lost behind the piles of linens on my bed. This one is "extreme."
Has battery backup of one double AA. Supposedly it does not light during a power failure, but battery should hold the time. With frequent power failures this is important to me.
on April 2, 2015
Works great. Just what I needed. The price is great, the numbers are big and the alarm is loud enough but not blaring...

Just a note, I ended up using the back up battery feature. SCE decided to do repairs to our block when we were out, when I came home the power was out, when it came back on, this was the only clock we didn't have to reset...
review image
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on March 5, 2014
Came before schedule and is exactly what I needed for our particular room. I practically live in our beautiful 4 Season Patio Room which consists of nothing but glass doors except for 1 window in which the heat pump resides. Our patio room which is located with a view of our acreage of trees and wildlife is nothing short of picturesque here in the Midwest. With the huge numbers it can be easily seen even on the most sunny days and that was my reason for the purchase.

Will buy the same again if necessary
on April 10, 2014
Decent clock. Very large numbers which are easy to see from a distance. Bright, but doesn't light up the room like most large clocks do. It is an average plastic digital alarm clock.

Checked against an atomic clock, mine gains a little each month. Sometimes as much as 15 seconds, sometimes a little less. I find this about the same or better than most, even more expensive digital clocks I've been around. Any clock that only gains a minute every 4 months is not going to be very far off even if I never reset it except to change to & from daylight savings. To me the most important thing is that it gains. A clock that might be a minute fast, I find totally acceptable. If it were to lose time at the same rate, I'd be an unhappy camper.

When unplugged for an hour I found it off by 12 seconds. Assuming the same rate of gain would continue, even if power was off for 24 hours, my clock would only have gained less than 5 minutes. This is far better, better than more than an order of magnitude, than the battery backup clocks I previously have had. I don't know how my clock compares to this model in general, but I find its time keeping ability completely satisfactory. That is why a buy a clock. For those how wish to make a home decorating statement, this clock may not work for them, but I'm happy with mine.
on March 9, 2015
I got this to replace my ancient LED clock that fell from the dresser to the hardwood floor and broke its bezel. This new one looks much nicer than the old one, and has a very big east-to-read display... bigger than I really wanted, but not so big as to be obnoxious. The brightness seems appropriate to me, and it doesn't disturb my sleep (except when the alarm goes off, of course!). My only "complaint" is that the battery backup only keeps the internal clock running, but doesn't produce a display or sound the alarm. I was aware of that before I bought it, so it's not really a complaint... more of a suggestion-box comment.
on June 28, 2016
Great to be able to see the time from across the room. Purchased this new November 20-3 with Amazon Prme for $15.21 and it still keeps perfect time. I would love to buy another to put by the TV, unfortunately this clock is no longer available. Wish Amazon would bring it back.
on July 10, 2013
I rely heavily on customer reviews and compose mine with that in mind, and sometimes I have a little fun with my reviews when everyone else has said it all. The wonders of modern technology! Gone are the days of wake-up calls from Roosters and possibly loud neighbors next door. With this bundle of technology you can set any time you want for your alarm. And when you change your mind and want a different alarm time ... wait for it ... they built in a feature for that too. Completely adjustable with the push of a button. I know, amazing, right! When it comes to time and alarms, there's nothing this baby can't do ... except, well, it doesn't show the seconds. But that's okay. If you're that concerned about the seconds here's a little trick that works for me: Set the time back a full minute. All your friends will be confused when they come by and look at your clock, but not you! You'll always be at least 59 seconds early for everything. And they'll still be staring at your stylin' 1.8" LED Alarm Clock in slate grey with big red numbers. I did a ton of research before buying this. Didn't want a "clock" radio or any other gizmos. I just want to see numbers, not a lot of plastic all around. This clock is perfect! Look at how little the "margin" is around the numbers. The face is all numbers. Overall, the clock has a rather small profile even though the numbers are gigantic. It does cast a red glow into the bedroom but not so much that it affects our sleep. It feels a little cheap but its holding up well. Would recommend this without reservation. I paid full price; no discounts.
on August 8, 2013
Advance Time Technology 1.8" LED Alarm Clock With Red Display, Gray Great little clock; I am not sure about the alarm; but the display is perfect for use as a room clock. the logo ADVANCE is on the bottom left of the case; the logo is not shown on the photos on amazon.com, it does detract from an otherwise clean style. For $12 bucks and free amazon prime shipping you can't go wrong