Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 98 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on January 26, 2015
I'm only one forth of the way through this book but am already finding it extremely helpful, and have implemented some of the authors suggestions in my adwords accounts. I have been using adwords for about 4 years.

Google will tell you everything you want to know about how to use all the technical features in adwords. But they don't tell you what the best marketing strategies are for using them. The author explains the psychology of search, the "marketing funnel" and defining goals when choosing your keywords. Which keyword match types to use, when to use them, and how to bid. How to write effective and compelling ads and align these with your keywords, adgroups and landing pages. Tips for ad copy that gets clicks, how to use mobile ads and extensions ect. (and this is only up to chapter 4)

In spite of the fact that this book is about adwords and because of that has the potential to be horrifically dull, it is so well written it is actually enjoyable to read. It is thorough, detailed and carefully organized. Creative and smart marketing + Adwords.

I love this book and highly recommend it.

(I'd also like to add this is not just about marketing, the author includes and thoroughly explains all the technical information about setting up and using adwords.)
on April 24, 2017
Best book regarding this topic. My knowledge and skill on adWords is really upgraded to another level. Very thorough and easy to follow explanation. Readers should have some basic knowledge about AdWords before starting this book, this book explains not only what to do but also why you do it (the logic behind google adwords), it helps establishing a very good foundation about google adwords and how to expand from there. I bought the kindle version first, and then decided to buy the paper book for easy reference.
on February 11, 2015
This is THE definitive Google AdWords book. I call it the AdWords bible.

This book is NOT for beginners, so buyer beware. You should have a basic understanding and some experience managing an AdWords account.

Having said that, this book thoroughly and systematically covers everything involved in creating, maintaining and growing a successful AdWords account using the Search, Display & Remarketing platforms.

I have to make a direct comparison to someone who many would consider one of Brad Geddes only other "competitor" in the AdWords education market: Perry Marshall.

In my humble opinion, Perry's website, videos and recent AdWords book is geared more towards the "Internet Marketer" who is trying to make a living simply by some variation of affiliate marketing and/or niche marketing. And that's where the difference between Brad Geddess and this book vary so much with Perry's. Brad's book seems to be more of a no hype, no fluff, straight to the point AdWords manual for ANYONE who is interested in learning more.

I can't say enough, this book is all you really need to become an AdWords advanced user on your path to becoming an expert.

Buy this book!
on November 1, 2014
Brad Geddes is the godfather of Adwords. His expertise is sought after and he explains a complicated subject very well. If you are managing ppc, this is a mandatory textbook.
on January 9, 2017
This is some excellent stuff. I'd recommend you launching an account and playing around with it for a couple of days to get just a tiny familiar with Adwords. Then the book will make perfect sense and if you dedicate to obtain all of the detailed information, while taking notes, you can open up your google adwords agency.

Good sh*t, mr. Geddes
on November 21, 2016
When reading it in it's entirety it's a bit repetitive - but these books are written that way so they can be read in chapters as needed. I always read these things through first to understand the options without remembering the details of each. Once you've mastered the options it can be an all encompassing resource for AdWords.
on July 18, 2016
Phenomenal. Detailed and insightful, this book contains not just everything you could possibly learn about using and navigating the AdWords interface (as well as using Excel and the Adwords editor), but also higher level strategy advice that only someone like Brad who understands Google's algorithms could give. Highly recommend for any AdWords campaign manager.
on June 18, 2010
I was a little hesitant about purchasing this book at first. Brad Geddes is known as one of the best but I had spent so much time reading so many online articles, books, blogs, google help documents trying to learn and figure it all out that a small part of me still wondered if this book was really going to deliver the information that I was needing, to help my fragmented understanding of it all come together for me. I haven't been disappointed!

Wish I had of purchased this book sooner than I did. It would have saved me so many headaches and made the learning curve so much smoother. I keep this book on my desk and refer to it often.

I highly recommend this book for both complete beginners to get their Adwords account off to a great start and for people with a good knowledge of Adwords that want to delve that bit deeper to learn the more advanced techniques and features to get better bang for buck from their Adwords account.
on June 23, 2010
I am a Google AdWords Professional and Google Analytics Certified. I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn more advanced features AdWords, capabilities, and techniques for application in Search Marketing.

Some may think it is long at 522 pages, but they are filled with important complete knowledge. I like to read, so this was not a problem.

I would suggest people who have some experience and already have intermediate knowledge of the theory of search marketing and some experience in creating and driving sales and measurable performance with PPC.

For other professionals who want to expand their capabilities and go the extra mile, I would suggest getting some books on writing effective ad copy, landing page optimization, and Google Analytics.
on June 7, 2016
I strongly recommend this book for all who want to learn advanced methods. Easy language, lots of illustrations and real life examples.