|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $4.00 (40%)
Advanced Plotting Kindle Edition
|Length: 108 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I may have been wrong about this book having nothing to teach. It does caution you not to give characters names that start with the same letter unless it is important to the plot. You won't get that gem from McKee.
Be sure to do the challenging Plot Outline Exercise to find and correct possible flaws for your work-in-progress. I am currently working on the "Exercise" and am stunned at how much my manuscript improves as I work my way through each segment of this rigorous exercise. I feel like I have an editor sitting next to me as I write.
This jewel of a book can and should be used throughout the writing process.
This 106 pg. book is unlike the other how-to books that promise to teach you everything you need to know about writing a good story. This book will help any intermediate or advanced writer who already has a short story, novel etc. in progress, so that they can immediately apply the author's principles of plotting to their story. The book includes comments and writing advice from 15 other established authors. I consider this a bonus.
If you're like me, this book will end up highlighted in your favorite colors, dog-eared and full of 3M post-it notes.
Buy this book now. In fact, buy two copies and give one to a writing friend. This is a NEW book. Published in 2011 by Pig River Press. This is the authors (Chris Eboch) 14th book. She has written this guide to advanced plotting from real world experience . . . not by condensing 20 other story structure books and a bunch of outdated magazine articles.
A few highlights of what she covers are listed here.
1. You need a good plot to begin building a strong foundation for your story. Sure, you also need a hook, an interesting setting, a believable theme, a strong theme, passion for writing and the genetic gene - all writers need to have. (The last part about the genetic gene, is my idea)
2. The Story Resolution: If your character succeeds at the end with his quest, you need a moment - where it appears the character will fail. (And vice versa as well)
3. Two of my favorite chapters are called: Plotting Like a Screenwriter and The Hollywood Touch. It shows you how the techniques - used to write a great movie - can be applied directly to writing your short story/novel. You will learn the magical connection between screenplays and novels, when you read the sections entitled: Open Big ---- Scene by Scene ---- Get To The Point ---- Finis.
4. And finally, Chris has written a wonderful chapter entitled: How to write vivid scenes. This is yet another reason to buy this book. Her 10-step method of writing a scene will guide you through the process, step-by-step, until you have mastered this important story device.
5. Buy this book. (FYI - I am not related in any way to the author)
This is one of those writing craft books that you will refer back to quite often as you write and revise . I strongly recommend this book
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Editing
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Editing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills