Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on September 1, 2013
Purchased 2 of these units in April, 2013. They arrived in good shape and set up was 5 minutes tops. We have one between the kitchen and dining room and the other is in the living room where we gather to watch TV when we have a minute.

First thing I noticed is that kitchen smells are GONE literally within an hour of cooking(Okay, Salmon may take 2-3 hours). Point is we have noticed a huge difference is air quality. For me I need to "see the difference" to be completely sold. I cleaned the top shelf of bakers rack and monitored the amount of dust collecting there after the filters were installed. Whereas we had to dust that rack twice per week we now dust it every other week. Now to qualify that - the bakers rack is located 7 feet from one of the filters.

Our allergies have decreased significantly since the units were installed.

The units work very well.

Now I read some of the lesser ratings and would like to help those of you considering this unit with some of the maintenance issues reported.

First, TAKE THE PLASTIC OFF THE HEPA FILTER BEFORE USE. If there isn't a red piece of paper in the box that says that, or if there isn't a sticker across the controls that says that, you heard it here first. The HEPA filter is shipped in a plastic bag to keep the charcoal fresh.

Now when the time comes to clean the unit, a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment works best. Clean each piece with the vacuum, front and back. The metal grid has a whisper-thin piece of wire which you need to be careful with. You can actually unhook the wire and remove it for cleaning but this is not necessary. If you use soap/water on any of the metal filters you should dry them quickly and thoroughly. The only part I use soap/water on is the metal grid. All other filters I vacuum only.

Some customers have reported that the light/sensor doesn't work after cleaning the filter. The sensors need to be rest after each cleaning - something the instructions don't make very clear. To rest the filters do the following:

Have the unit completely cleaned and reassembled ready for use - all covers in place.
Plug the unit in and make sure the unit is OFF. (If the unit was ON when you unplugged it it will be ON when you plug it back in - Make sure the unit is OFF.
There is a pin-hole labeled "RESET" on the front of the unit - right side. There are also large buttons labeled "FLOW" and "TIMER". Using a paperclip or similar, push the RESET and TIMER at the same time and hold for 2 seconds. You will hear a "beep,beep". Release.
Do the same thing with FLOW and RESET. You will hear the same beeps.

Again, the unit must be plugged in but turned OFF to do the reset.

Your unit is now rest and ready to go.

Hope this helps y'all out. I think these units work exceptionally well for the price-point. I think it somewhat unrealistic to expect this class of air purifier to provide "Clean Room" performance but for the money this is probably one of the best machines out there. We've noticed a huge reduction in odors and dust in the house. Allergies are far less severe now that these units are running. They are quiet except for on the highest setting - and even then for the amount of air that's being moved it isn't bad. The lights are bright but not an issue for us as we don't have them in the bedroom.
on March 27, 2017
I've had this for at least a year and have had no problems. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the front cover is really difficult to remove, and it has to be removed fairly often for routine cleaning. Other than that, it works great. The buttons are really bright but once I covered them up, they were no problem. It makes a very relaxing sort-of white noise for sleeping - not too loud.
on July 8, 2008
Shopping for the right air cleaner in my opinion is more of a challange than shopping for a new car. I studied most all of them and found that there are many con-games going on with cleaver advertise schemes. I ended up purchasing both Newport 9000 and the Sharp FP-N60CX because I couldn't decide. And I love both. It has been six months and they are on all the time -- contineous. I have four large dogs, the air is fresh and my girfriend with dog allergies is doing fine. I have found both reliable economical and working as advertised. I use the Newport in the larger living-room and the Sharp in the bedroom. They both appear to be on the leading edge of technology sampling the air and automatically adjust. Both are operating in the automatic mode day and night -- noise is not a problem. Perfectly Satisfied.
on September 28, 2013
I have had this unit for almost a year (11 months). I have allergies and this has helped me get through the different seasons. The auto setting works well, it just needs to be clean otherwise it will run unnecessarily. When it gets dirty read the directions, which for me translates into once every 2 months. I use a vacuum to clean the heppa, cold water for the metal ion grid and a damp cloth for the unit. Using a air blower or can of air first can make the process easier.
An important fact is that the filters are still around, heck even with auto renew!(SS&S)
on May 27, 2014
I live in a high humidty area in an older apartment with a chiller system for the air conditioning. I know the property has mold issues and my family suffers from allergies. I leave this on automatic in our family room and it is so much fresher. If I spray hairspray or perfume in the other room or even walk by this with it freshly applied it kicks into high gear. My 6 year old son even discovered he can fart in the room and it will kick on. Relativley quit even when running on high. Almost silent when on low. Perfect for watching tv.
on October 30, 2014
I've had this for about 3 years now. It does need to be cleaned periodically and the sensor asks to be changed more often than I'd like. When it's on the highest 3 settings it can start to get loud but it really does work by eliminating dust, odors and what not. The unit isn't small by any means and the lights can be bright. The automatic setting is the only time you really need to worry about the sensor being in good shape (which is comes with a spare) otherwise I just have it set to the lowest or second lowest setting the whole time. Definitely worth it.
on August 7, 2014
I purchased this after I stayed with a friend and saw how it refreshed the air. I have two dogs, dust, and allergies. Each morning I would awaken with a stuffy head, nose running and feeling as if I had a cold. After two weeks, it is all changed. There is little dust in the house. Cooking smells dissipate quickly. The house smells and feels fresh. Most important, it is quiet. Now, understand that my house is not large, a bigger house may need more than one, but when I had more company, more smells, and extra kids in the house, it kicked itself into a higher level until it had everything clear.
on May 4, 2017
Love this purifier! Highly recommend this to anyone who has allergies or lung problems. Cleans the air and the sensor works fantastic!
on November 8, 2014
I have been using this for about two weeks. It is very quiet at a medium fan speed and silent at low speed. Fairly heavy with a convenient built in handle. At this early stage, I really can not say it is better than other cleaner/purifiers. I notice the unit does change fan speeds if there is something in the air and the three yellow air quality bars light up too. I will try to submit another review in a few months. It has lots of different types of filtering stages and certainly must be doing something. Fairly well made with a convenient remote. Sam's club offers this device at a lower price. I do wish the HEPA filter was a little deeper. Several video clips of this device are on different web sites. They show the inner workings and various filters. The HEPA filter is on one side and the other side of the filter is charcoal for odor. Most videos show the filter installed with the charcoal side forward but my directions say the HEPA is to the front? The blue light on the panel is an indication the UV lamp is on and apparently this or a separate ion negative ion generator is working. You can turn off both of these with the remote. I have never smelled any ozone as is obvious with the older sharper image filters. There is also a built in timer. If you read the reviews you may find out that this is sold by several people with different front panels and different names. A call to the factory revealed they are all the same. Crazy.
on April 12, 2010
I have one of these going constantly in my daughter's bedroom by the rat cage. I'd like to get another couple for other parts of the house. Every 2 or 3 weeks it needs to be cleaned - all the large & fine particles trapped in the filters show that it's working well. I've had it over a year and I've not had to replace the HEPA filter yet. I just vacuum it each cleaning. The first two filters seem to capture most polutants before they get to the HEPA. Maybe there's more in it than I realize though. Replacement filters don't cost very much anyway.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.