Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on March 24, 2013
We first looked for Advent paper calendars in our local stores. Most of what we found were $12-20, non-religious (i.e. Spongebob)and no candy included.

I found this one on Amazon for around $6 in pre-holiday 2013 and added it to an existing order to take advantage of the free shipping. (Amazon's current price is around $1 higher than ordering direct from Vermont Christmas Company). Chocolate can be a risk, however, the chocolates were fresh and a plastic backpiece kept them aligned to the right doors. I've since thrown out the packaging, however, I thought ours said it was made in the US.

The one we received had 24 numbered doors on it. Inside each door was a biblical verse and a piece of chocolate around the size of a nickel. The biblical verses were not particularly kid-friendly so I used it as more of a prompt for what to talk to my kids about on that day. The chocolates were in different shapes and just perfect for the kids. I wasn't keen on the flavor profile of this particular milk chocolate; however, my kids absolutely loved it.

If the plastic mold holding the chocolate was sturdier, I would've tried to reuse it to make our own chocolate since the pieces were a good size.

I would order this again. Depending on what you're looking to spend, I also noticed that Vermont Christmas Company does some nice looking fabric, wooden and wood-magnet advent calendars in addition to other items. Only some of their items appear to be available on Amazon at this time.
on February 13, 2016
This was a good advent calendar and my son really seemed to like the chocolates, however when I got it it was not the quality that I hoped it would be. I was also hoping it was going to have some sort of lesson or verse that you could pull out and read for that day. It pretty much just had a chocolate. If you don't fuss over advent calendars than this would be great and it wasn't a bad one. I was just hoping for more.
on December 4, 2016
These are truly fantastic. Educational and yummy chocolate. The kids love them! (10,12, & 16) these are a family tradition! Thanks!
on December 21, 2015
I buy nativity advent chocolate calendars every year but these were terrible. The chocolate was spotted and inedible. I was truly embarrassed to have sent these as gifts. Never again!
review image
on December 19, 2015
I do not recommend this product because:
1. The chocolates did NOT stay in place behind each window. Instead they were all bunch together inside.
2. "May contain traces of peanuts"...when I read the description, this was not specified.
We had to brake the paper, remove the chocolates and give to another child with no allergies.
on July 16, 2017
Chocolate tasted kind of old/funny. I thought it was kind of funny that there was chocolate shaped like santa, but a lot of people will not be amused.
on December 18, 2016
I ordered three of these (different styles but all religious themed) for my kids. Higher quality chocolate than those you find in stores. Only annoying thing it arrived with quite a few pieces of the chocolate at the bottom and some broken. Brought up a conversation about patience and understanding. We enjoyed reading the Bible verses!

5 year old is learning numbers so she gets to search for the boxes. 3 year old eats whatever his 8 year old sister gives him.
on November 28, 2012
I purchased this to add excitement and anticipation to Christmas. Its one of the more attractive manger scenes out there as far as advent calendars go. It arrived quickly and in great shape. I popped out the number 1 door and ate the first chocolate early so I could review this product better. It was satisfactory, not Swiss chocolate which is the best in the world and not that cheap crud you get in candy boxxes from drugstores with no flavor.

The numbers on the calendar aren't super easy to find, that will help add interest for kids and the tabs are relatively easy to open. But be warned...chocolates in fun little doors just begging to be opened are a huge draw for kids. I ransacked my family's advent calendar when I was little because it was there where I could reach it and it was just too tempting. I have mine hanging high so my visiting neices and nephews don't get the same idea.

Good buy overall. Such a fun thing for families and even fun for personal use.
on December 2, 2011
it's been a while since i'd had an advent calendar. this calendar is an image of the nativity scene. the artistic style is - i'm no expert - ummm, maybe friendly for kids and animated. this calendar contains 24 "doorways" - we open 1 door each day to reveal a prize piece of chocolate and a short bible verse on the back of the door. the chocolate is of good quality - it's not REALLY decadent like godiva or european chocolates. you have to hunt around for the numbers. it arrived quickly and safely. if you're getting it for the chocolate, just get yourself 9 candy bars instead. likewise, if you're getting it for the nativity scene, just spend $20 for a nice, used nativity scene. i'd also purchased a "santa's workshop" advent calendar for 1/2 the price which has about the same quality of chocolate and, in my opinion, better artistic quality. i give everything which i review a grade, and i believe that this nativity advent calendar merits a grade of "B+". i'd recommend it for families or organizations that wish to celebrate in a more traditional fashion the holidays. i myself have already broken this challenge - who can eat and read JUST ONE candy / reading a day and not sneak into the next day(s)?
on December 23, 2009
I vividly recall the joy of opening up the windows on my Advent calendar as a child, reading the bible verse, and eating the piece of chocolate. My Uncle was stationed in Germany and would send an Advent calendar to my family. I hope my children will have fond memories of their Advent calendars as well. These types of advent calendars can't be found in the stores so I am very thankful that you offer them!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.