BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Adventure Time: Jake Vs Me-Mow
Format: DVD|Change

on December 18, 2013
Cartoon Network, hear my voice: I am a (as of this writing, nearly) 42 year old adult fan of the show. I love the show. Any AT fan will love this collection of episodes. Like other DVDs of the series that have been released, there is very little by way of bonus features or behind the scenes making of featurettes. It is, after all, a show for children, and as such, it's designed for its target audience: kids twelve and under. I guess they didn't figure kids would want a bonus feature other than the cool Finn Hat.

That is alright if you want an AT fix though, but it would be nice if Cartoon Network would release full seasons in hard DVD or Blu Ray format. Fans WANT it and WILL buy it. Full seasons are available beyond season 2 in electronic copy only, but not everyone wants or has this technology. Some, like myself, like physical copies to own.

I got this because I enjoy watching with my teenage son, who has been a fan since day one. We already have the set with the Jake hat and a few other DVD releases. But we want full season box sets...and we want commentary from the show's creators, artists, and producers.

Other than that, this is a great episode sampler, and the hat is well-made, and fits well. They did not skimp on the workmanship here. I can't complain.
on February 21, 2013
Adventure Time!!!! This is one of the most entertaining and completely original and downright adorable cartoons I've ever seen! I'm a mother and a bona fide adult, but I love a quirky creative cartoon. I've had a few favorites from CN that will always have a special place in my heart, such as The Misadventures of FlapJack and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, but my love of this series eclipses them all. If you're a fan of the series then this is a fabulous find. And if you haven't experienced the series yet, this is a great intro! If you've enjoyed the above mentioned shows then this would be right up your alley!

This set particularly has some of the best and most endearing episodes and introduces you to world of Adventure Time in a great way. And the completely wearable hat that comes with it was such a HUGE hit with my son! He's 11 years old and readily threw the hat on the minute he got the box opened and wore it everywhere he could for weeks! It's still a favorite! That beig said, he has a large head so the hat would most likely fit most children up to a 13-14 year range. It has a nice little velcro closure under the chin which holds fast and is a super soft fleece which is both warm and comfortable.

My other son wants his own so I guess I'm picking another one up soon!

Absolutely the coolest dvd pack ever. Completely awesome!!!!
on December 23, 2012
First of all, the hat. The hat is perfect. I can't stress enough how great it is and how much I feel my life is more complete just for that.

Secondly, I know, it's not a full season, but it is still a great little collection of episodes. I love that CN is releasing SOMETHING at least for those of us who could probably watch Adventure Time 24/7. I'm eagerly anticipating the Fionna and Cake disc that comes out early next year.

The episode selection is pretty good. Good cross section of goofy and touching. And my thought? When the full series DVDs come out, I can just give the mixed episode discs to one of the kids in my life. :) Everybody wins!
on December 18, 2012
I like many other reviewers here can point out that we keep buying these releases even though we either already have some of the other episodes or we know they will be releasing a full season 2 or 3 dvd but its the packaging on this one that sold it i mean cmon not only do you get another set of mathmatical episodes but a free fin hat!!!! thats flippn awesome! anyways this should be a good buy for any real adventure time fan ive got all the other previous releases!! and will continue!
on January 6, 2013
Honestly, I bought this for the hat. My son was going as Finn for Halloween and he needed the hat. The dvd was just a bonus. I know it is supposed to be the other way around though (dvd with bonus hat).

The dvd is great. My son watches it a lot. There isn't much to say about it. The episodes picked are pretty good.

The hat is awesome though. It completed his costume. It is actually pretty good quality. I was thinking it would be some cheap, generic, fall apart afer one wearing, kind of thing. I can say though that this hat has held up to multiple washings. My son wears it daily. He is using it as his winter hat as well. He says that it is super soft and warm. That is definately something that he appreciates.
on December 16, 2012
I saw the Finn hat commercial and I had to have this item! I bought it and it took a while to be delivered because it was on backorder, but whatever, I love the Adventure Time series! Only thing is that I wish they would release seasons instead of this gimmicky patched together dvds with random episodes. It gets rather bothersome.
on December 31, 2012
Epic awesomeness!... Those were the words my teenage daughters used to describe this when I gave it to them. It was a late xmas gift...ordered on dec. 24th it came super fast by the 28th.
The hat was a better quality that I suspected and the kids love the show!! I would recommend this for kids who love this show, and the price was better than in store for our area!
on December 21, 2012
Great price, and came with the hat that our son had to have. We were highly satisfied. The packaging was great and it was brand new just like it said it would be. As for the content of the movie itself, I would not personally pick out this type of TV show, but our son watches it all the time and likes it. (even if it's a little stupid) I would put it in the 10-14 yr old category.
on September 1, 2013
While I typically hold out for whole seasons, I decided to get this DVD because it included a Finn hat and was only $20, which less expensive than most Finn hats. And the hat is so comfortable and warm! I wore it all last winter and was super cozy. This is worth it for the hat alone, I feel like the DVD is the bonus instead. :)
on January 6, 2013
The amazon price on this item was excellent compared to those that I've seen in stores, but the product did not quite meet my expectations. The included hat is oddly sized, and mine was defective in that the velcro was sewn on backwards. As for the DVD, it is just alright. The case seems unusually flimsy and the resolution of the episodes looked poor. I own the Adventure Time Season One DVD and I did not encounter either of those issues with it, so this was a bit of a disappointment. As for the episodes themselves, this was a great little collection of some of my favorites :)