- Age Range: 11 - 15 years
- Grade Level: 5 - 9
- Series: Adventures In ...
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (November 6, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119439582
- ISBN-13: 978-1119439585
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.8 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #213,227 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Adventures in Minecraft Paperback – November 6, 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Learn valuable programming skills while building your own Minecraft adventure!
If you love playing Minecraft and want to learn how to code and create your own mods, this book was designed just for you. Working within the game itself, you'll learn to set up and run your own local Minecraft server, interact with the game on PC, Mac and Raspberry Pi, and develop Python programming skills that apply way beyond Minecraft. You'll learn how to use coordinates, how to change the player's position, how to create and delete blocks and how to check when a block has been hit.
The adventures aren't limited to the virtualyou'll also learn how to connect Minecraft to a BBC micro:bit so your Minecraft world can sense and control objects in the real world! The companion website gives you access to tutorial videos to make sure you understand the book, starter kits to make setup simple, completed code files, and badges to collect for your accomplishments. Written specifically for young people by professional Minecraft geeks, this fun, easy-to-follow guide helps you expand Minecraft for more exciting adventures and put your personal stamp on the world you create. Your own Minecraft world will be unlike anyone else's on the planet, and you'll pick up programming skills that will serve you for years to come on other devices and projects. Among other things, you will:
- Write Minecraft programs in Python® on your Mac®, PC or Raspberry Pi®
- Build houses, structures, and make a 3D duplicating machine
- Build intelligent objects and program an alien invasion
- Build huge 2D and 3D structures like spheres and pyramids
- Build a custom game controller using a BBC micro:bit™
- Plan and write a complete interactive arena game
Adventures in Minecraft teaches you how to make your favourite game even better, while you learn to program by customizing your Minecraft journey.
About the Author
Martin O'Hanlon (Birmingham, UK) describes himself as a professional geek and amateur snowboarder. Martin blogs about technology, Minecraft and Raspberry Pi at stuffaboutco.de.
David Whale (Essex, UK) is a professional software engineer. He regularly volunteers for The Institution of Engineering and Technology, which provides support at many schools, public workshops and tech camps.