- File Size: 394 KB
- Print Length: 116 pages
- Publisher: GLH Publishing (April 6, 2014)
- Publication Date: April 6, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00JJ7CWN8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#310,680 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #153 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Death & Grief
- #428 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Warfare
- #449 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Death & Grief
Advice To Sufferers (Annotated) (Vintage Puritan) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
If believers are to stand boldly for truth,what are they to oppose,fight against,'For Righteousness Sake'-they must stand against God's enemy-"...sin,sin in doctrine,sin in worship,sin in life,sin in conversation." The fiercest battle,the saint faces,is with his own sinful heart.The intensity of this ongoing battle,in the true believer,is such that he-"...has singled out sin to pursue it to death." The author insists,and rightly so,that an individual,is not suffering for 'Righteousness Sake'if they-"...let sin go free and uncontrolled at home within...".
No matter how great 'The Depth Of Suffering' that we are called to bear, the believer is to commit the keeping of their souls in the hands of their God.A essential part of 'walking by faith'(as opposed to sight)is continuing 'to commit the keeping of our souls to God' no matter how much we are in the dark,as to God's purpose in this.Mr.Bunyan reasons thus-"...not to see,and yet to believe;...argues love,fear,faith,and an honest mind,and gives the greatest sign of one that hath true sincerity in his soul."
The eminently useful Baptist preacher of the 19th century,C.H.Spurgeon,believed that in the 'Puritan Era' a great company of 'Spiritual Giants' served the 'Mighty God'.Bunyan was among that great company,and in my judgement,he was in the front rank of these eminent servants of the Most high God.There is a correlation between suffering and usefulness and this work of John Bunyan's,will be of great help to any of our Lord's suffering servants.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Death & Grief
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Warfare
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Death & Grief
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Spiritual Warfare