Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Aegean: Recipes from the Mountains to the Sea Hardcover – September 4, 2020
|New from||Used from|
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Recipes from the Greek island of Crete
With Marianna Leivaditaki’s new cookbook Aegean, Mediterranean cooking is made easy. With its detailed recipes, inspired ideas, and gorgeous pictures, you’ll be able to create the perfect dish, while also learning about the rich traditions of a beautiful sea-side region.
Learn recipes from… THE SEA...
- There are plenty of fish in the sea...and Aegean will teach you how to cook them! You’ll learn how to pan fry, cure, grill, and bake many different kinds of fish, from trout to cod, even cuttlefish!
- Transform your recipes! Aegean offers recipes that will change the way you cook your seafood. You’ll learn to make soups, stews, salads, even cakes! You can also learn to use different parts of the fish, including the skin!
- Not a fan of fish, but a fan of other shellfish? Aegean also includes recipes that include shrimp, mussels, clams, and more! Make a Sun-Dried Octopus, or Sea Urchins on Toast. There is so much more to the sea than just fish, and with Aegean, you can explore all that the sea has to offer.
- Learn how to use some of your favorite vegetables in brand new ways! Instead of just using the zucchini, try stuffing a Zucchini Flower with Cheese and Honey. Or, turn that Zucchini into a Fritter. You can even make a Dip Out of Dried Beans, or Learn to Stuff a Vine Leaf! Aegean will make it easy!
- Did you know that you can make a Chilled Soup out of Watermelon and Cucumbers? Or have a salad made of Watermelon, Charred Feta, and Bread? Fruit you probably use everyday can amp up a lot of different recipes, like soups and salads. Aegean will show you how.
- Have you ever had Horta? How about Ntakos? Looking at the recipes in Aegean will give you more than just great food to try. You’ll also get the chance to explore Mediterranean culture in a brand new way.
AND THE MOUNTAINS!
- Take your dinner parties to the next level! Learn how to cook a leg of lamb, slow cook pork, and even how to make a delicious pork belly! Better yet, learn what the best sides are for those kinds of dishes, and make a great, cohesive meal. Aegean’s recipes will certainly leave everyone looking for seconds.
- Trying to use more game? Aegean has recipes for that, too! Make a Slow-Cooked Rabbit with Whole Baby Onions and Hazelnut and Parsley Sauce, or a Fried Rabbit with Rosemary and Vinegar!
- Want to try something that might be brand new to you? Learn to make Ox Tongue with Caper and Lemon Butter, or Fried Snails with Rosemary Vinegar And Red Wine! Aegean will show you how!
DON’T FORGET DESSERT!
- Use some of your favorite fruits to make delicious desserts, from an Orange and Broken Filo Pastry Pie to an Apple, Peach, and Almond Tart with Sweet Yogurt!
- Try some new desserts that are heavily based in Mediterranean culture. From Sesame, Chocolate, and Tahini Cookies with Greek Coffee to Hung Yogurt with Baked Peaches and Toasted Almonds, Aegean will transform your kitchen into a Mediterranean paradise!
- Make some ice cream on a hot summer night! Aegean has some delicious ice cream recipes for you to try, like a Rose Turkish Delight Ice Cream that you’ll want to make again and again.
A fisherman s daughter, Leivaditaki grew up on the island of Crete, but couldn t wait to leave its confines. After gaining success as a London chef, she finally began to appreciate the culinary bounty that she had abandoned. Here she shares recipes from her Cretan life that sum up the riches of the island s seas and its equally fecund plains and mountains. Many of Leivaditaki's recipes are so grounded in Crete s resources that they may be not easily reproduced in kitchens elsewhere. Limpets and turbot rarely reach North American markets, but a home cook may readily achieve mussels steamed in ouzo. Even more doable, her baked potatoes stuffed with shrimp and smoked salmon mayonnaise will star on any table. Lamb raised in Crete provides many an inspiration for red meat dishes, and beef stews appear as well. Leivaditaki concludes with sweets featuring honeyed goat cheese in filo pastry. Color photographs throughout display not only glorious Cretan food but also the dramatic beauty of the Mediterranean island s landscape. --Booklist
I want to make everything in this beautiful book. An absolute treasure. --Rosie Birkett, author of The Joyful Home Cook
About the Author
After finishing her studies, she traveled through France and Spain on a bike and lived in the Ecuadorian jungle for a while, eating local fresh produce and learning to cook in local ways. After returning to the Cretan restaurant for 2 years, she went to London and began working at Moro with Samantha and Samuel Clarke.
Since 2016 she has been Head Chef at Morito, where she has brought a Cretan influence to the signature Spanish and Middle Eastern menu.
- Item Weight : 2.45 pounds
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1623718749
- ISBN-10 : 1623718740
- Publisher : Interlink Pub Group; First Edition (September 4, 2020)
- Product Dimensions : 7.8 x 1 x 10.3 inches
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #126,365 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: