Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AeroGarden 7 LED Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb S..." and save 54% off the $199.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Asurion Lawn & Garden Extended Protection Plan 4 Yearfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
AeroGarden 7 LED Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit
|Price:||$199.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Garden year-round. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more in this smart countertop garden.
- Up to 7 plants can be grown at a time. Plants grow in water…not soil. Advanced hydroponics made simple.
- High-performance, full spectrum 20-watt LED lighting system is tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests.
- Easy-to-use control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add patented nutrients (included), automatically turns lights on and off and provides timely tips and on-screen help functions.
- Includes 7-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Kit that contains: Genovese Basil, Thai Basil, Cilantro, Mint, Curly Parsley, Chives and Dill & 3 oz. patented nutrients (enough for a full season of growth).
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Classic 7
Overview and Features
- Extraordinary indoor gardening system that grows 5 times faster than in soil
- Grow anything, including fresh herbs, salad greens, vegetables, flowers, and more
- 20 Watt LED lighting system with over 100 high performance, full spectrum LED Grow Lights
- Easy-to-use Control Panel automates key garden functions: turns lights on and off and reminds you to add water and plant food
- Includes: A 7-Pod garden, 20 Watt LED lighting system, 12” of growing height and a 7-Pod Gourmet Herbs Seed Pod Kit with Genovese Basil, Thai Basil, Cilantro, Curly Parsley, Chive, Mint and Dill
Garden year 'round with the Miracle-Gro AeroGarden. Grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more! The AeroGarden is a soil-free indoor gardening system that grows plants 5 times faster than in soil. And the beautiful design will look great on your countertop.
The AeroGarden 7 LED comes with a Gourmet Herbs Seed Kit that will deliver fresh, flavorful herbs right at your fingertips. The easy-to-use Control Panel automatically creates optimal conditions for your plants by turning the lights on and off and reminding you when to add water and our Specially Formulated Liquid Plant Food.
The AeroGarden 7 LED comes with a lighting system containing over 100 LED grow lights that provide high performance, energy efficient 20 Watt LED lighting for plants. This garden tailors the light spectrum to help plants thrive, concentrating daylight white LEDs for fast growth, blue LEDs for bigger yields, and red LEDs for more flowers and fruit.
The AeroGarden 7 LED sets up in minutes. Just insert the Seed Pods in your garden, add water and plant food, and then watch it grow! Everything you need to start growing is included, and it’s as easy as 1-2-3! Now you can garden indoors, year ‘round and it’s Guaranteed to Grow!
The AeroGarden 7 LED assembles in just minutes without tools and comes with everything you need to start growing. Planting is fun and easy- just insert the pre-seeded pods in your garden, add water and the Specially Formulated Liquid Plant Food. Most plants germinate within 7-14 days, are ready for harvesting in 4-6 weeks, and will keep producing continuous harvests for up to 6 months and longer. Indoor gardening can’t get any tastier or simpler!
Just Add Water
Plants thrive in water and air. The AeroGarden uses advanced hydroponics to create an optimal environment for natural, rapid plant growth. The AeroGarden reservoir provides the root system with an abundant balance of oxygen, water, and nutrients to enable plants to grow 5 times faster than when grown in soil. Root systems are suspended in air and water inside the reservoir and naturally grow fast and efficiently as ideal levels of nutrients and water are automatically delivered exactly when needed.
Smart Led Lighting System
The AeroGarden 7 LED uses the unique properties of LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) to deliver more growth while using less power than Compact Florescent Lights (CFL) Grow Lights. The AeroGarden 7 LED comes with a lighting system containing over 100 LED grow lights that provide high performance, energy efficient 20 Watt LED lighting for plants. This garden tailors the light spectrum for optimal growth, concentrating daylight white LEDs for fast growth, blue LEDs for bigger yields, and red LEDs for more flowers and fruit. The AeroGarden 7 LED costs just pennies a day in electricity, yet it grows beautiful plants.
High Output Indoor Gardening
The AeroGarden 7 LED grows plants 5 times faster than plants grown indoors in high quality potting soil. The fully adjustable lamp arm has a 12 inch tall growing space for high yields and plant variety. The AeroGarden can literally pay for itself in just a matter of months depending on what you choose to grow.
As Fresh As It Gets
Nothing is tastier than fresh herbs, salad greens, even vine-ripened cherry tomatoes picked fresh from your indoor garden. In our tests, lettuce grown in the AeroGarden contained almost 300% more Vitamin C than the average store bought lettuce from both conventional and organic sources. It delivers bountiful harvests of fresh herbs, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, or fresh salad greens, any time of year!
The AeroGarden 7 LED offers a wide variety of pre-seeded Seed Pod Kits that are guaranteed to germinate. Just drop ‘em in and watch ‘em grow. No mess, soil-free pods maintain consistent moisture levels for fast, reliable germination and root development. Choose from a variety of fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens and flowers. The AeroGarden can keep you growing new plants year after year. For the ultimate in variety, plant and grow your own seeds with our Grow Anything Seed Pod Kits.
The AeroGarden 7 LED’s control panel does it all. It is easy-to-use and automatically turns lights on and off, and reminds you when to add water and liquid plant food to create the optimal growing environment for your plants. There’s no green thumb required!
Non-Gmo. No Herbicides. No Pesticides.
At AeroGrow, we believe our products should be as natural as they can be. Many of our seeds are heirloom varieties, sourced organically when possible, and we never use GMO seeds. We work with suppliers who share our values and are dedicated to providing the highest quality products. Our Specially Formulated Liquid Plant Food contain no pesticides or herbicides. Our vitamin-packed plant food contains minerals such as iron, calcium, and magnesium and are derived from sources that ensure high levels of consistency and purity.
|Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Classic 7||Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Extra||Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Ultra||Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Bounty||Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Bounty Wi-Fi||Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Classic 6|
|Grow Light||20 Watt LED Grow Light||30 Watt LED Grow Light||30 Watt LED Grow Light||45 Watt LED Grow Light||45 Watt LED Grow Light||20 Watt LED Grow Light|
|Hour Rating||20,000 Hour Rating||20,000 Hour Rating||20,000 Hour Rating||30,000 Hour Rating||30,000 Hour Rating||20,000 Hour Rating|
|Grow Light Spectrum||High performance, energy efficient full spectrum||High performance, energy efficient full spectrum||High performance, energy efficient full spectrum||High performance, energy efficient full spectrum||High performance, energy efficient full spectrum||High performance, energy efficient full spectrum|
|Grow Height||Extends 12"||Extends 24"||Extends 24"||Extends 24"||Extends 24"||Extends 12"|
|Number of Plants||7 Pod||7 Pod||7 Pod||9 Pod||9 Pod||6 Pod|
|Control Panel||Push Button, Automated Grow Lights, Nutrient & Water Reminders||Push Button, Automated Grow Lights, Nutrient & Water Reminders||Interactive LCD Touchscreen, Fully Automated, Customizable||Interactive LCD Touchscreen, Fully Automated, Customizable||Interactive LCD Touchscreen, Fully Automated, Customizable + Free AeroGarden App for Controlling on Smart Device!||Push Button, Automated Grow Lights, Nutrient & Water Reminders|
|Dimensions||18.5" W x 10.5" D x 15"-21" H||17.25" W x 11.25" D x 15"-34" H||17.25" W x 11.25" D x 15"-34" H||17.25" W x 11.25" D x 15"-34" H||17.25" W x 11.25" D x 15"-34" H||16" W x 11" D x 15"-21" H|
|Finish||Black Plastic||Black Plastic||Black Plastic||Black Plastic||Black Plastic||Black Plastic|
|Garden & LED Grow Light Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Seed Kit Warranty||Germination Guaranteed||Germination Guaranteed||Germination Guaranteed||Germination Guaranteed||Germination Guaranteed||Germination Guaranteed|
|Manufacturer Part Number||2701-00B|
|Package Height||9.6 x 11.3 x 18.6 inches|
|Shipping Weight||9.55 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item AeroGarden 7 LED Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit
AeroGarden Classic 6 with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit
AeroGarden Bounty with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit
AeroGarden Extra (LED) with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit
AeroGarden Harvest with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black
AeroGarden Sprout with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||18.5 x 9.5 x 10 in||11 x 16 x 15 in||11.25 x 17.25 x 15 in||11.5 x 14.5 x 14.5 in||8.25 x 11.5 x 13.5 in||4.5 x 11 x 10 in|
|Size||7-Pod||16 in. W x 11 in. D x 15 in. - 21 in. H||—||14.5 x 11.5 x 14.5 inches||13.5 x 11.5 x 8.25||—|
Imagine fresh herbs and vegetables grown in your home, year-round. With the Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Classic 7 you can grow fresh herbs, vegetables, salad greens, flowers and more! This smart countertop garden uses water and patented nutrients to naturally grow plants… no herbicides, no pesticides, non-GMO. It’s natural goodness right at your fingertips.
AeroGardens are the world’s leading indoor gardening systems. You can grow up to 7 plants in this garden and they’ll love the 20 watts of high performance, energy efficient LED lighting. The LED lights are tuned to the specific spectrum that allows plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests. The LED lights concentrate daylight white LEDs for fast growth, blue LEDs for bigger yields, and red LEDs for more flowers and fruit. With ideal lighting and optimally balanced levels of water and nutrients, plants grow up to 5 times faster than when grown in soil.
The Classic 7’s easy-to-use control panel utilizes simple prompts to guide you from setup to harvest. It also creates optimal conditions for your plants by automatically turning the lights on and off and reminding you when to add nutrients.
The AeroGarden Classic 7 sets up in minutes without tools. Just insert the Seed Pods in your garden, add water and nutrients, and then watch it grow! Everything you need to start growing is included.
Top customer reviews
=== The Good Stuff ===
* It is certainly simple to get started. Within about 10 minutes of opening the box, I had everything ready to go and was eagerly watching my seeds to see when they would germinate. Everything you need to get started is in the box, seeds, nutrient mix and seed holders and covers.
* The controls are about as simple as you can get. One button to select for flowers/herbs/vegetables/greens/always on. There is a reset button to reset the timer (so you can control which hours the cycle starts-and can have the lights on during the day), and a reminder light to add nutrients (every 2 weeks) and water (as needed).
* The unit is a reasonable size (16"w x 11"d x 20"h). The 20 inch height is with the light want fully extended, which gives a maximum plant growing area of 12". The light bar can be dropped down for smaller plants/germinating.
* There is a small bubbler in the water tank to keep the nutrients mixed and, I assume, oxygenated. The reservoir holds roughly a gallon, and the manufacturer recommends distilled water, especially if your tap water has a high mineral content. There is a noticeable noise from the unit or the bubbler.
* My seeds (herb package) germinated in about a week, and grew vigorously after germinating. I have only had them growing for about 20 days-because of Amazon's 30 day requirement to review Vine products.
=== The Not-So-Good Stuff ===
* The unit felt cheaply made, especially for the price. The LED array seemed well made, and it is sturdily mounted to the base. But the base itself seems like fairly flimsy plastic. It is probably sturdy enough for what it needs to do, but for the price it certainly could have been a little more robust looking. The plant holders look like they might survive a few reuses, assuming I can find some way to replace the peat cones. I assume the goal is to get me to purchase refills from the manufacturer. The "domes" for the seed pods look like the free mustard containers your local deli gives away.
* I am sure the plants will need room to spread, but my first thought was that the unit was awfully big for the amount of growing area. At 16" x 11", that is 176 square inches of "deck". There are 7 1.75" diameter pots, for a total area of 16.8 square inches. In other words, less than 10% of the deck is actual growing space. Maybe this will make sense when the plants mature.
* The max grow height, at 12", seems a little skimpy. I would like to grow herbs, and basil can easily reach 12" in height, and quite a bit more. It doesn't seem like it would have been a big stretch to allow the light mount to reach another few inches in height.
* It isn't much of a noise, but there is some pump noise from the bubbler-sort of like a small aquarium. Depending on the location, it might be problematic.
=== Summary ===
It is a nice product, but it sure seems like the manufacturer could have spent a few more bucks on it and produced a truly outstanding product. It does seem to work as advertised, and I am sure I will have some fun with it. The controls are certainly easy to use, and definitely erred on the side of being simple, which I appreciate.
After a little over a month, the biggest problem I have is what to do with the herbs. All six of the herb assortment are producing quite well, and I have more cilantro and dill than I know what to do with. I actually ended up throwing some away just to keep the bushes pruned.
The "bubbling" noise has gotten a little worse, and is a bit annoying, but the whole setup still lives in the kitchen.
Perhaps the only real problem is the quantities. When I cook with herbs, I typically need more of any one type than the garden can provide at one time. If I were to replant it, I think it would be with 2x each of parsley, basil and oregano, and skip the dill, chives and thai basil.
Herbs are still growing well. Regularly harvest all of them, although it is a bit of a challenge keeping the cilantro pruned back so it doesn't go to seed. Also, it is so thick at the base that it is starting to choke itself-requires a little "surgery".
One problem that has crept up-is the height difference between some of the herbs. The dill and cilantro are the big offenders. They both want to be a few inches higher than all the other herbs, especially the parsley.
This is a problem because the height of the light panel above the tops of the herbs is critical. If it is too high, the plants become "leggy", and produce more stems than leaves. But if the herbs get into contact with the LEDs, the edges of the leaves turn brown/black from the heat.
No real solution. I will probably replace the dill and cilantro with more parsley, a herb I use much more often.
Other than that, still a nice touch to have fresh herbs growing all winter.
I harvested all the original crop and replanted with basil and oregano. I reused the plastic baskets purchased replacement sponges and bought whatever herb seeds the local store had available. Both seeds germinated within a few days and the basil immediately thrived. The oregano has been more of a challenge slow to get started and quite a few of the seedlings died. Still I did manage to get enough growing to be able to harvest some now and again.
The unit itself works fine with a couple minor caveats. The "add water" light is always on, no matter how much water is in the reservoir. The pump is also getting a little louder every month-still below the level of a conversation but not as quiet as it was the first day. Everything else still works fine.
I just harvested the 2nd crop. I have enough basil in my freezer to make pesto for the Italian army. The plants grew like crazy, and finally needed to be removed because they became so thick at the base- and so tall- that they were overgrowing the machine. I will plant more basil, but not 4 plants worth...just too much to deal with, and I like basil.
Gave up on oregano. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to like this environment. Finally got it to germinate using toothpicks to hold the sponges partway out of the water, but plants just aren't thriving. Will replant parsley and maybe a little cilantro in its place.
I have been using General Hydroponics FloraGro (available from Amazon, but won't let me include link) to feed the plants, and it works great. One bottle will probably last a year.
There are a few problems with the unit. It makes a noise that sounds like Captain Kirk's phaser, and the water level sensor always reports low water, no matter how full it is. I tried cleaning the air stone and fluid-level sensor with water and compressed air, but no luck. A quick call to a nice lady on the Aerogarden tech support line got me free replacement parts with absolutely no hassle. Nice!
So after 6+ months, the product still works, and has produced herbs for my kitchen. It took a little trial and error to get the right mix for how I use herbs, but it seems to be 3 basil plants, 2 parsley, and one or two "experimental" spots.
I'll go against the grain and list the cons first, because there aren't very many of them:
-The instructions say to drop the pods into the holes, but they don't clarify if they should just loosely rest on the base, or be pressed in with pressure. When I push them in, they tend to pop back up after a few moments, but if I don't push them in, they tend to rest lop-sided and looks kind of weird. I'm also not sure if the weight of the plants as they get larger will cause the pods to tip over, I'll update my review when I find out.
-The instructions also say to lower/raise the lamp as necessary to keep the LEDs about 1-2 inches from the leaves, but the lowest setting puts the lamp about 6 inches over the seedlings. Not a big deal, but I have noticed that the seedilings tend to get a little "stringy", trying to rapidly grow to reach closer to the light source. After they gain some height, and some pruning (harvesting), the problem seems to mostly fix itself.
-The substrate in the pods seems to grow mold very quickly, I noticed it after only 3 days. It hasn't spread to the plants themselves yet, though, and doesn't seem to be causing any problems.
Those were all relatively minor complaints, nothing worth removing stars over. Now the pros:
-VERY low maintenance! Only needs food once every two weeks, and in the 3 weeks I've had it, I've only added water once. It even tells you when it's time to add water or food, so you don't need to mark your calendar.
-The 7 herb pots that came with my AeroGarden all germinated thoroughly, and in about half the time that the labels suggested they would.
-You can apparently grow small fruiting plants (tomatoes, peppers, etc.), although they suggest you don't fill all 7 pods if you do that. I haven't tried this yet, but I will update my review when I do!
-CHEAP! Yes, the AeroGarden itself is a little pricey, but you can buy empty (or seeded) pods and food for quite cheap. The small bottle of food it comes with should last at least 3 or 4 months. Also, this LED model doesn't require the periodic bulb replacements that the CFL versions do.
Is it a good financial investment? Probably not. You can buy herbs or grow them in your yard (if you have one) for a lot less. But is it fun, and an amazing addition to an apartment without a yard? Absolutely! I am seriously considering order an addition AeroGarden to expand my variety!