Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AeroSpace NYC: Aero Jump/Sculpt
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on April 6, 2009
I am an advanced exerciser & try to cross-train, using weights, cardio, kettlebells. Always looking for something new to try, I came across this workout. I absolutely love this workout. It consists of a warm-up, then 8 rounds of jumping/sculpting, then cooldown/stretch. My boyfriend tried it with me when I first got it and promptly decided to buy new jumpropes for each of us. The workout got his seal of approval too. It is tough in an odd way. We had to drastically drop poundage on the sculpting portion. I have two body bars (15# and 24#) and those were WAY too heavy for us. In his sculpting segments, he starts the reps out slow, but by the end you're doing one rep per two beats. The "beats" are 140 BPM. That is some fast reps using weights. I'm embarrased to say I dropped down to a set of 3# dumbells (6# total) and my boyfriend used a set of 5# (10# total). I totally recommend this workout for cardiovascular conditioning, muscle toning (not muscle building), and endurance. The seller is great also (DE Advanced Workouts). I've bought workouts and our new jumpropes from them through AMAZON. They are freaky fast in shipping. Overall, very satisfied with my purchase.
on December 24, 2009
There are 8 fat blasting jump rope intervals with tough sculpture intervals added for good measure!!!... in his introduction, Michael Olajide says do two interval a week increase this by one a week till you get to the entire 8 intervals....at that rate it's doable. The 1st two interval are tough, after that it get even harder, but fun... lots of jumping variations, just when you think you can't go on, Michael breaks it up with some light toning intervals before going back to more jumping. The production value is really something else, original music (that has a driving beat that keeps you going), energy level, background exerciser really gives the feeling of working out with a class (no phony smiles here) and Michael's clam manner and voice is so soothing for such an intense workout....giving you the confidence that you can actually do this workout. Michael' is soooo cardio fit that it's truly inspiring to watch him, it seems he could go on forever! I LOVE,LOVE this excellent workout. It took me a long time to get the nerve to buy this workout, now I'm glad I did.
on October 19, 2011
Wow, this is a very different but very fun workout! I work out 6 days a week mainly with running & Jillian Michaels videos. This was a nice change of pace & kicked my butt! Worked up a serious sweat! Love it!
on May 12, 2010
If you really want to get in phenomenal shape, then jumping rope is where it's at! I've been incorporating the jump rope & kickboxing to get into tip top shape for the past month. And like Michael Olajide says "cut the B.S.", no excuses! The aerojump/sculpt dvd takes you through 8 cycles of jump roping & toning exercises. They use a body bar, light hand weights & of course, the jump rope. I made it through 5 cycles before calling it quits but my next session is this Friday and I will complete all 8 cycles, do or die! It's really tough but manageable since he breaks up the jumping with the toning/resistance exercises. I also have his Skills 123 dvd & enjoy doing that one, as well. Like he says, if you give it, then you will reap the rewards. Since incorporating the jump rope 2x a week into my fitness routine, I've seen increases in strength, agility, stamina, inches lost & it's invigorating! Cut the b.s. & leave those fitness machines behind- you have to do it old style! I highly recommend this dvd & his skills 123 dvd.
on August 9, 2011
Michael Olajide rocks! He is way cool. I believe this workout is advanced but it's what I needed to provide a challenge. I feel great afterwards. The exercise is just what I like....athletic-style. And, the music is great! Very happy with my purchase.
on January 1, 2015
I bought this to use inside in the winter, when my unheated garage/gym was off limits. Used it once, and found the following:

Pros:
Good music, great beat for jumping.
The workout itself was OK. I wasn't a fan of the super-fast weight reps. They felt dangerous and ineffective to me.
Uh, the instructor has a nice voice.

Cons:
This isn't HD. I'm not sure this is SD, lol. I thought I was watching a VHS from the 80s.
The cueing sucked. He did a lot of mumbling, and didn't even seem excited about his own workout. Also, at more than one point I saw three seconds last almost ten. Maybe not a big deal to most, but if you are new to working out, that can feel like a lifetime.
The instructor's voice was nice, like I said, but it wasnt motivational.

TL;DR: Maybe I'm spoiled by the Beachbody stuff (no, I'm not affiliated in anyway, but I'm a huge fan of Chalean Extreme and P90X), but I won't be using this DVD again. Ugly sets, bored instructor/participants, and bad cueing.
on September 1, 2014
I still haven't made my way through the whole DVD. Challenging and definitely not boring.
on February 1, 2011
I bought this workout a couple of years ago. When I first tried it it kicked my butt and I threw it on the shelf. Then last year I got myself into pretty good shape, Itook it off the shelf and gave it another try. It kicked my butt but this time I was able to do the entire workout the first time. It is not for beginners! Excellent workout. You will burn major calories, even if you can't go 8 rounds.
on August 14, 2011
I consider myself at an intermediate level of fitness.

I did this workout without a jump rope. I was able to follow along for the whole routine. Unfortunately, my heart rate pretty much hovered just under or at the lowest end of my target heart rate throughout. I do believe that with an actual jump rope, the extra exertion of arm action will probably fix this problem but using a jump rope in the small space I have indoors is not an option for me.

I agree with other reviewers that the double time moves with weights and weighted bar does not seem to be a good idea but I just kept it at the half time pace you start at instead of speeding up and was fine. The instructions and cues are ok, music ok, voice over is actually nice since instructor has a pleasant speaking voice.

I do not particularly have any knee problems and I want to keep it that way. After the workout, I felt that my knees rather took an extra beating with all the jumping without any of the extra cardio/calorie burn benefit. Therefore, this one is not a keeper for me.
on December 22, 2014
The DVD itself is fine (which is the most important thing) but the case it came in almost immediately fell apart when I opened it.