Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Bonus 350 Micro Filters
|Price:||$33.90 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Total brewing time of only 30 secondsMakes an Americano or an espresso-style shot Comes with 350 bonus micro filters Made in the USA
- Hand wash
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Make one to four cups of coffee or espresso in less than a minute with this easy-to-use press-style coffeemaker. Quickly brew a variety of coffee drinks including an Americano or an espresso-style shot for use in lattes or cappuccinos. Its total-immersion system permits extraction at a moderate temperature and a short brew time. Water and grounds are mixed together for 10 seconds, then gentle air pressure pushes the mix through a micro-filter in just 20 seconds, which avoids the bitterness of long processes such as drip brewing. The air pressure also gently squeezes the last goodness from the grounds, further enriching the flavor. The total brewing time of only 30 seconds results in an exceptionally smooth brew. The micro filters ensure grit-free coffee, unlike other press-type coffeemakers, and 350 bonus filters are included.
Top customer reviews
So far I've been extremely pleased with it! It took some trial and error to get a cup that isn't sour or bitter, but I finally managed it with a 200F water temperature! The 175F recommendation in the directions produced a sour cup for me. Could be the grounds I'm using, The difference between what this thing makes and what I'd been drinking before is night and day. For someone who's still developing a palate for black coffee, this makes a cup that's definitely tolerable and borders on enjoyable (I'm sure I'll get to full-on enjoyable soon, I'm just waiting for my tastebuds to catch up). It definitely has made my transition to black coffee much easier and, dare I say, pleasant?
And now that I'm actually developing a taste for black coffee, I can't wait to finish up the average pre-ground stuff I have, so I can get a good hand grinder and some fresh roasted beans! If this thing makes my "meh" coffee taste like "ok" coffee, I'm excited to try "good" coffee in it!
Now the not so good: 8 months and 1400 ish cups in and the rubber plunger is wearing out. As some of the air escapes up the tube, some of the scalding liquid and precious flavor is not expressed and therefore lost.
Update: for $11 you can replace the plunger gasket. In light of that I will road up to 5 stars.
I am still experimenting with coffee:water ratio for this, but I have yet to make anything bad tasting (although I prefer my coffee/espresso on the strong side so YMMV). 3 of the included scoops of coffee with filling it up to the 4 with water makes about a half of a mug of espresso that is so strong it takes me from being so tired I feel like I'm passing out to being wide awake and deciding to stay an extra 4 hours.
My favorite parts of this:
1. The coffee made is much stronger than the coffee I usually drink so I have to drink much less of it to achieve the desired effect.
2. Shooting the coffee puck and filter into the trash after brewing coffee is extremely satisfying and this is so much easier to clean than a French press.
3. Coworkers joke about this thing being a coffee bong, and it does kind of look the part, which makes for some amusing jokes.
4. This is very well designed. The parts fit together very satisfyingly, the filters are perfectly sized.
5. It came with a filter storage system, and the filters are so much easier to separate from the rest of them than my regular coffee filters.
6. Includes a funnel to work with narrower coffee mugs.
1. If you use the included scoop, you will use a massive amount of coffee grounds for a tiny cup of coffee (but it is worth it due to how strong it is). I go through coffee a lot faster with this.
2. There is a somewhat large amount of parts that you have to carry to/from the hot water source to make coffee, which can be sort of awkward to juggle while opening/closing doors, etc.
3. This is more of a con of me than anything, but I frequently leave the stirrer at the hot water source, either because I ran out of hands or just forgot about it in the process.
Make sure to wet the gasket before you move it through the outer tube. I wasn't doing that at first and started seeing wear quickly. Ever since I started getting the seal wet, I haven't seen any further degradation at all.