Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

VINE VOICEon October 28, 2008
In a typical consumer nightmare, my rather expensive Aerobed lasted a bit longer than the warranty period and then became unusable due to a leak that causes the bed to deflate to an uncomfortble point after about three hours of sleep. Unless you like to wake up in the middle of the night and reinflate your bed to keep from being trapped in a plastic cocoon, you will probably want to pass on this. They do give you a patch kit, but I have been unable to find the leak in order to patch it.

This is a big disappointment. The bed was comfortable enough and very convenient due to its fast inflation time. It was also surprisingly stable and did not move around or make getting in and out difficult even on a smooth hardwood floor. I barely used this bed over the course of 17 months, and it was slept in less than 50 times. We used it entirely indoors in clean rooms, so the failure is pretty inexplicable. We did deflate and pack away after each use, so maybe the stress of reinflating cut the lifespan, but this is just a guess, and IMO the product should have been designed to last a long time even under that usage pattern.

If you read the reviews, as of this writing, about 25% of users have had leakage problems with these beds. Buyer beware, as even if your leak did happen under warranty, this bed is bulky and heavy even when folded, so mailing it back for service would be a chore. Nice product, but the fragile durability and not inconsiderable price cause me to rate this poorly.
on September 29, 2007
I bought this air mattress as a temporary bed for the next few months. It's raised to a good height, and another good thing about it is that it has linear ridges instead of ovals that other beds have (I think the straight lines are more comfortable than the ovals, and the ovals increase the number of seams where air can leak). Easy to inflate and deflate, although i haven't tried to fit it into the provided bag.

I've had to inflate it once in the month I've had it (in addition to the initial fill), although I can imagine it being more if you really like a firm mattress. It does lose air slowly, although it's not such a huge issue to me to refill every few days. For more than half the cost of Aerobed brands, I think it's fine.
on September 4, 2007
I bought this air bed in a pinch when I needed one. It was not my first choice but I am happy I bought it. It is comfortable for its size, and with two people sleeping on it you tend to slide towards the center.

My only complaint and the reason for losing a star, is the bed does not seem to retain air as well as some other air beds I've owned. I would need to add air nightly.

UPDATE:

After having this bed a few months, this bed will no longer hold air through the night. After a full inflation, the bed will fold on top of you during the night creating a human taco affect.
One person found this helpful
on April 7, 2007
Great temp bed for the price! Glad we got the Queen size mainly due to the extra inches in length; of course, greater width is a benefit, too. Got it to use for overnight guests in our spare room. The bed arrived one day and was used the next day. Our guest said she slept well. We found a raised bed to offer better convenience.
17 people found this helpful
on September 15, 2009
It looks very attractive on photo, but, after trying this one and another 6 inches inflated bed (as floor mattress), all users voted for the lower one.

The high raised one feels like you are on a water-bed, more or less. The equipment has easily inflating attachment, so no problem if you have an outlet.
Would recommend to the fullest blown status for the most comfortable bed.

For high-raised or low one, it is also recommended that you use Bed Pad to make it more comfortable than without.
on August 6, 2007
I bought this product & I liked the look of it. I had previously purchased a single aero-bed. The single bed sprung a leak after about 4 months so decided to replace it with the full-sized aero-bed. Unfortunately, after one month, it, too, sprung a leak. It didn't come with any patches so for now, I reinflate it every two hours for my disabled friend. He only uses it on weekends at my office so I can live with it for now.
One person found this helpful
on November 11, 2007
I have owned several Aero beds in the past without any problems however one of the two beds I recently purchased has a leak and I can't find it. I am returning it after having it for less than two months.
on July 29, 2007
Got to use it once - friend said it was comfortable. Had another friend come to stay for a week. Went to inflate it and it never made the high-pitched whine indicating full inflation. Has a leak and despite our best efforts, cannot find it to patch it. I don't know if there's a warranty, but even if there is, who wants to go through the hassle of packaging and shipping a 35 lb bed? Probably cheaper to buy another one (not that I would). I feel like I threw away my money.
3 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2007
So far, we are very happy with this inflatable bed. We inflated it about a week before mom came to visit. It did not leak. I used it to nap on a couple of times. It is very comfortable as long as it is not fully inflated, when it becomes too hard. Mom slept on it for 10 nights - no problems. She was so comfortable that, when the guest sofa bed became available, she elected to remain on the Aerosport Weekender Twin Bed. It is high enough to sit on, which is nice. The stabilizers help a lot, or it would roll too much. The only problem with the stabilizers is that you have to remember they are there or you can trip on them. All in all, a very nice inflatable bed.
14 people found this helpful
on October 15, 2007
I had this bed shippped to my mother's in Florida, so I could sleep on it in her living room while she recovered from surgery. The bed arrived almost a week early. The bed did not automatically stop inflating after one or two minutes, so I just stopped it myself and adjusted the inflation downward slightly until it was comfortable. The bed is very comfortable. When I rolled over at night, I got the sensation that whole thing was going to roll over, which of course it never did. But I did learn to stay in the middle of the bed to prevent that sensation. I slept on it for five days. Deflating it, and rolling it up for storage was easier than I thought. All in all, I'm happy with the product and with Amazon's Free Shipping.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.