Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on October 25, 2010
When testing out the sim card receiving a call within the US, it turns out I was charged almost twice the rate that was listed on their website. After contacting support and waiting for over 1 week I was told that this is covered as part of their terms and conditions (apparently my phone was using the AT&T network instead of T-Mobile which would have been cheaper). Their online rate checker doesn't indicate anywhere that the shown rates vary, nor do they provide a way to lookup the preferred roaming partner.

I also tried to setup the "auto top up" functionality that automatically reloads the sim card when travelling. Unfortunately this functionality doesn't seem to be working. I contacted the support about this and I got an answer a few days later indicating it would be fixed in a few days. This was 2 weeks ago and it is still not working.

When I tried to access my call history online it turns out that this feature isn't working either.

So I am wondering how useful this sim card is if you don't know how much you are going to pay for a phone call before you place it, you can't lookup the details of the call either after you placed it. How do I know that the sim card really supports free incoming calls in the countries advertised (I know, I probably have to contact support before I make a call to figure out what provider to choose, too bad their support is so slow though...)

I wouldn't recommend this sim card!
on January 10, 2011
I took this on a trip from the US to the UK. Before using it, I called TMobile to get my G1 phone unlock code. I put the SIM card in the phone, completed the unlock, and was up and running. It was much cheaper than using my TMobile account abroad, plus it gave me a UK phone number which made it easier to give out to people there who might need to contact me. The callback approach for outgoing calls confused me a bit the first time I used it, but it wasn't a problem. The only place we found ourselves with no service was in a dead zone on the island of Skye, where our B&B hosts said no cell phones worked. I topped my account up once though the website with my US-based Visa credit card, no problem. I was glad to have this before leaving rather than trying to get one once I got there.
on May 10, 2012
First card was shipped on time but the package was missing the actual sim card. Amazon sent a replacement promptly. The card was supposed to have a $16 balance. It had a $0 balance. Amazon credited the amount. Attempts to contact Aether for resolution have been unsuccessful. However, once I got the card and purchased some prepaid minutes, it worked great across Europe.

Update, it took about a week but the company did get back to me and credit my account with the missing balance. The card itself works great.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
This card works by "calling your phone back" to place the call. It worked but just an extra step. I only made a few calls. I was in Spain so I purchased an "Orange" SIM card which worked perfectly. You can also top up the "Orange" card at most any gas station or convenience store.
on October 1, 2010
Had some trouble setting up the product. Emailed the company and reply came quickly asking for more information since the technical team could then be on it quickly. Have since solved the simple problem myself and regret resorting to technical support. Nothing further heard from company (which does not advertise here that it is thoroughly British).

Ed Peay

aether Mobile Global Roaming International Cell SIM Card (Includes $16 Starter Credit)
on April 4, 2010
I bought an unlocked phone to put the aether card. However, the card did not work in Spain, France, The Netherlands or Ecuador. Could not get a refund or a straight answer as well. BTW the phone did accept a local SIM card from Spain which I used in France as well. Do not buy this, I fell I got swindled.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.