Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 324 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 350 reviews
on March 2, 2016
I loved all of the segments. I loved the spectacular photography. I learned a lot of new things I did not know about this continent and its wildlife. I would highly recommend for anyone to watch. I always love to watch David Attenborough wildlife documentaries as they are always well done and full of information.
on January 4, 2015
I've watched all the BBC series and routinely watch History channel, National Geographic, etc. This is the most amazing nature documentary out there. The sheer level of detail, camera angles, vivid imagery and story telling are unparalleled in any other documentary of its kind. It is just unbelievable what they've accomplished here--a huge bravo to the production crew who clearly had to have spent soooo many grueling hours to produce each frame in such a series for us to watch. Getting to the most remote areas of Africa and capturing this level of detail in nature doesn't come easy, and their efforts have produced a fantastic result that I will enjoy watching again and again for years!
on May 5, 2016
I own a lot of BBC documentaries and anything with David Attenborough just wins my heart, but this is easily becoming one of my all-time favourites. I have not watched every single episode yet, but I look forward to when I can make time to watch this series because every time it I view any of it, it brings a surge of emotions as I get pulled into the beauty of the world. I feel so peaceful and full of love after watching this and other nature documentaries. I am passionate about the world and this series compliments and displays the reasons why very well. Amazingly made documentary.
on August 28, 2017
This has been one of my favorite animal documentaries. Some of the scenes are just amazing to watch. If you like these sort of shows, this is a must watch. I won't go into detail as I do not want to spoil anything for you.
on March 21, 2013
The movie starts in the Kalahari Desert first, and uncovers things about the desert that most of us never knew. They also show one perfect scene where so many different animals have congregated close together by a rare source of drinking water. It almost reminds you of the biblical account of the Garden of Eden, with so many different animals getting along so peacefully, until a pride of vicious marauding lions suddenly appear out of nowhere and interrupted the peace. They looked crazed while even attacking each other, before chasing the other peaceful animals away. The show also highlights a group of desert Giraffes, and shows one Giraffe being knocked out in slow motion, by another Giraffe that was competing for a female Giraffe to mate with.

This documentary makes you feel that you're on an actual journey in Africa, all from the comfort of your living room sofa. It is much more than just the same old coverage about wildlife in Africa; this documentary is different because it gives you extensive detailed information about every region they visit. This film shows how the sand dunes in the Sahara desert, is constantly changing its shape in a time-lapse video replay. We also learn for the first time that there is a hidden underground lake in the Sahara Desert that is hundreds of feet deep, which may run the entire length of the desert.

From there the series takes us on a journey to the Savannah, and sheds light on the largest lava lake in the world. This is a six part documentary, and after every part is over they take at least another 10 minutes to explain how they made this series and the video shots they captured, which makes the series even more interesting. With the near perfect video shots, and the perfect lighting effects, this is what sets this film apart from others in the same naturalist field. This is another must have, for your collection of the BBC Earth Series documentaries.
on September 8, 2015
This program was soo I'll interesting. I love David Attenborough, his voice is great, you may want to know it's evolution based, which I don't agree with, so if that bothers you, don't watch, but of you can look past that, it is soo interesting!
on December 30, 2016
This was a gift but you can't go wrong with Sir David Attenborough's films.
on May 15, 2013
As one apparently obsessed with high-quality, high-resolution nature documentaties, especially those from BBC's Natural History Unit, upon reading all the reviews from apparently like-minded fans of "Planet Earth", "Wild China", "Life", "Galapagos", "Ganges", "Great Rift", and others, Including Questar's "Wild Life" and "Water Life", and titles such as "Wild Russia", "Wild Indonesia", and others of such high quality, nearly all the reviews of BBC's newest offering, "Africa", were loaded with superlatives and expressions of surprise at the many previously unknown or understood glimpses into lives of African fauna, so I knew I had to get myself a copy. I can easily say I was not disappointed in the least! BBC's Natural History Unit just keeps getting better, as impossible as that may seem. And I can only hope that David Attenborough long continues to be up to the challenge, because he would be difficult to replace! I also fervently appeal to the BBC unit that they will consider following the same approach with a glimpse at the wildlife of South America!
on October 12, 2014
Won't waste my time saying the same gushing reviews as everyone else. Just trust me on this one: This series is incredible and it will show off your HDTV in most spectacular fashion. Get this, or you're a weenie.
on June 5, 2016
This is a fantastic video (and I loved the price!