After Forever Ends Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Always writing about choices and how God can help us change, Paula Rose Michelson wrote the Amazon Best Selling Christian self-help book "How Did We Become Angry?" That book and her three sweet Christian fictions with a Messianic twist and a hint of history: "Beginning Anew: The Naomi Chronicles" and "Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing, Books One and Two", are available on Amazon.
1. The timeline is completely flawed. The whole story is told as an old woman reminisces with her granddaughter about her life and love growing up. There is no description that leads the reader to believe that this reminiscing takes place at any time other than the present. However, the main character makes reference to 90's era bands and using the internet when she was in her early twenties. So, either the shell story is taking place 65 years in the future, or else the internet existed in the 1950's.
2. In this book, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. This is according to chapter 15 where it is apparently noon in San Diego where Alexander is studying and 6 o'clock in the morning in Cardiff when the two brothers call one another. Apparently there are now only 6 time zones between Wales and California instead of the traditional 8.
3. There are typos, missing words, and incorrect words on almost every other page. Sometimes one character is named Ana. Other times it is Anna. Some kids speak in "uniform" instead of "unison." It really seems like the autocorrect was allowed to act at will.
I doubt there was an editor for this book. It seems like the published version is nothing more than a draft with all of these correctable errors. It is unprofessional to publish a book in this state, and I cannot give it more than 3 stars.
I love this quote out of the book: We were young. Love had a way of making us fearless because we knew that no matter what happened, if we fell on our face as we entered the ring or conquered the world in battle, in the end it would just be us, together.
I love this quote from the book also: Some people you meet and they're your friend for a day. Some you meet and you never really know at all. And then there are those who get caught inside your soul and stay there forever.
I love this quote from the book also: Death feels cold to the living, but to those he is receiving, he has gentle hands, because of the magic of Love, when Death comes for you.
Isn't that the way it is. You start with your mate, have children and in the end it is just the two of you again until it is time for death. Read this book and enjoy the roller coaster of life these three went through. Than after you have laughed and cried, make your own story. Thank you Melodie Ramone for this lovely book. Oh by the way don't forget your box of Kleenex.
After Forever Ends chronicles a seventy year period as Sylvia shares the love story that is her life with her granddaughter. While this is a long time and could have the potential of getting bogged down in too much detail...that never happens! Every memory, every word supports the story in an elegant way that left me satisfied and eager for more.
I am definitely looking forward to the next work by Ms. Ramone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's heartbreaking and hilarious. Characters are beautifully written. You can't help but fall in love. Such a beautiful story.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Marriage & Long-Term Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult