Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Afterglow AW.1 Remote for Wii - Blue
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

Color: Blue|Change
Price:$28.68 - $47.99

on July 22, 2010
I saw these light up remotes at many of the game and technology stores and decided I wanted one. Upon purchasing I found them to be extremely accurate with the wii sensor and quite easy to use. Being left handed it was nice to find a remote with a button style that (although unintentionally) was very comfortable to use with a variety of games. These remotes can eat up batteries though, so I would suggest a nice set of rechargeable AAs.
on May 22, 2010
We bought this b/c we needed a new remote, and it was cheaper than the regular one and cool looking to boot. It works well, no problems with syncing it to the Wii (the Gamestop owner told me some people had problems w/that-I think he just wanted the extra $10).
Pros:
-easy to sync
-cool looking
-rechargeable battery bought for regular Wii remote works in it
-cheaper than Nintendo brand remote
Cons:
-For some games, like when I have remote turned sideways, the lights are distracting. But I can't remember how to turn off the lights! (threw out the booklet)
-because buttons are in slightly different places, it can be confusing to switch back and forth between remote types
-hard to read buttons when lights are on (writing is in white)
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2012
UPDATE: I exchanged it for a new one, and the new one has worked fine, so I've updated the review from 1 star to 3 stars.

Two gripes:

1) The original one I bought was defective. I really have no idea how common that is, but it was an inconvenience for me. I expect something new to work.

2) I'm not really thrilled with the positions of some of the buttons. The 1 and 2 buttons are not in line, so it's not an ideal controller for sideways use (i.e., using it like an NES controller).

Otherwise, it seems to work quite well. I haven't had any serious problem with the Motion Plus. It does require occasional re-calibrating, but so has any other Wii Motion Plus controller I've used. That has more to do with the Wii Motion Plus technology than the controller.

Still, if you have the extra money, I'd say you're better off getting the actual Wiimote Plus from Nintendo. This isn't a bad alternative, especially if you still an original Wiimote.

---

This didn't work at all.

It could not even connect as a controller to the Wii. It will not register with the system. It's nothing more than a paperweight.

I will be returning it tomorrow.
on May 21, 2012
I really think that this remote is pretty cool, plus it's a good deal for the price.

It's a little lighter than the traditional wii remotes, but so far, it seems sturdy. The only downfall for me is that you can't use the rechargeable batteries unless you swap out the back plate with another wii remote. Basically, the battery cover doesn't have a the little open square where the charger connects to the battery. It's not a problem if you use regular batteries though.

Overall, it's a neat novelty remote that I enjoy using :)
on December 30, 2012
Bought as a present for my daughter for Christmas for use with a WiiU. Was difficult to get it connected to the system. Once we connected it, the was a several second delay between pressing the buttons and getting a response on the game. Great looking remote and my daugher thought it was pretty cool but just not functional. Sent back for a refund.
on January 10, 2011
Well I picked this up because I needed another Wii-mote and thought this would be cool because of the led's.
It functions just as well as a regular Wii-mote.
The only downside is, I had some batteries explode one day when it wasn't even in use.
And the batteries were installed correctly and I did not try to recharge them either, they were regular AA's.
I don't know if it was the batteries themselves or what, but nothing like that has happened with any other electronic products I own.
But in any case, it was just something fun to play around with and it works well.
on November 12, 2013
I bought this remote because I thought it was cool. Once I got it, it worked okay for awhile. Then it started to be shaky and wouldnt pin point where the tv was correctly. I thought it was my sensor bar, but it was not. The sense of direction on this thing could be better, I would not recommend this unless you dont mind that problem and just want a cool looking remote.
on June 24, 2010
My 6 year old LOVES this remote for his Black WII. He thinks he's sooo cool now. Even though it is not made by Nintendo, it still works just the same. I have not had any problems with the controller thus far. I plan on buying them in the other available colors.
on December 14, 2011
I really want to like this because its so pretty when you light it up but after two just dance sessions I needed to recharge. The Wii remote that came with the console has yet needed to have its batteries replaced
on December 9, 2012
My 7 year old loves this light up remote! We have had it for 2 + years and it still works great! Very happy with this product. Not as much luck with the matching nunchuck from afterglow... have 2 of them that dont work. The wii remote is GREAT tho - I would recommend it to anyone! It is the "favorite" wii remote at our house - the kids have to take turns with it!