Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 1, 2016
Uh, it's okay, it's not too bad, it lasted for about four years, I feel like they make these controllers to not last that long, I heard a lot of people that had problems with this controller, I have PS4 controllers that lasted way longer.

Anyway, it kept disconnecting, and I've tried everything, it's pretty and all, I hope they make it last a bit longer. I may think about getting another one, but I am not sure if I want to recommend this to anyone that's looking for a controller that lasts really long, but I guess four years isn't bad. I know nothing lasts forever, but I was a bit upset when my controller wasn't working, but I don't regret buying it. ;; The one I got was brand new and it worked really well, unlike the controllers people got, that really sucks. ;; I hope they at least got a new one or their money back.

Anyway, if you are looking for something a bit more cheaper I recommend this one, but you get what you pay for. I mostly played this on my PC, but I did play it a couple of times on an xbox. Overall, it's pretty good. I guess it depends on whether they give you a faulty controller or not, I got lucky, and sometimes I don't. So it depends on them, and sometimes I feel like it's the people's fault that pack these controllers up and send it to us.

I hope anyone who buys this gets a good one that won't break all fast like in two weeks or something.
on April 27, 2013
Bought this controller a few weeks ago now and it's been running fairly well for me all things considered. The lights in the controller look great for late night gaming sessions and they stand out among friends. It also serves as a gamepad like the normal Xbox 360 Wired controller, something I didn't expect to actually work since it's third party. the buttons fuction well enough.

That said there are still a few issues with this controller. The sensitivity of the thumbsticks takes a little getting used to as does the rubber feeling of the buttons but once you do you won't be able to tell the difference. The triggers are quite loud as well but like any noise on a controller it blends into the back ground after a while. The lights and material used for the controller also cause a lot of sweating, especially in individuals who already get the palm sweats hardcore, so watch out for that if that bugs you.

All in all I'd say the pros far out weight the cons, and for the asking price you can't go wrong. It's not the default wired Xbox 360 Controller but I'd say it's the next best thing with a little more flash. 4/5
on July 11, 2012
From reading other reviews I didn't have high expectations when I ordered this controller, but I didn't know it would be worse than my expectations, a lot worse. I read reviews on Amazon and Gamestop.com about this controller and I figured it would be cool to have but since I already have 2 wire-less controllers I wasn't expecting to use this a lot. I figured I might use it to play pc games since I am bad with a mouse and keyboard or a friend could use this if we played 2 player. Too bad i can't even do either. 1 minute after connecting it to my Xbox 360 (I have the newer xbox by the way) it dis-connected and since it is wired you have to plug it back into the xbox to connect again. I did read other reviews about the product doing this so I figured maybe it just happens a few times but I was soon to discover that when I tried to plug it in again it did the same thing. Then a day later I tried to use it on my computer but it dis-connects after a few seconds of being plugged in. I cannot use this product at all and it is basically a useless piece of plastic with buttons. Now it reminds me of the fake steering wheels that kids use in cars and they think they are driving because just like those it doesn't actually do anything. Cool idea but not executed well at all. Do not buy unless you want to see the inside of a controller for $25. Also if it works by some miracle, do not buy this if you are a "hardcore" gamer. The buttons and analog sticks are pretty cheap and it feels noticeably different than the standard Microsoft controllers.
on February 18, 2011
When I received my blue Afterglow AX.1 controller, i was excited about it because the packaging was good and the controller looks excellent. Those are the good things about this controller. Now for the bad.

I compared the controller to the original Xbox 360 and the analog buttons on the Afterglow AX.1 controller aren't as sensitive or precise as the original Xbox 360 Controllers. When i press the buttons, i can hear the plastic squeaking as if it is going to break. When i turn on the LED's, i can feel warmth from the controller. I'm afraid if i play for a long period of time the controller will begin to get hot, so i turn it off, which defeats the purpose of buying this thing. The rumble is very weak. I doesn't have a strong rumble like the original controllers do. If you have the new head sets with the volume control at the tip, do not buy this because it doesn't have three ports that can fit into it. You can't even buy the text pad to go with it because it will not fit. You would need to buy the black head set with the original design. The LED lights are very very bright and tends to get annoying when they flash as the rumble goes off. It starts to hurt your eyes after a while.

On the other hand, it is smaller and fits easy in my hands. The cord has an extension on it so that way it prevents the USB connection to get yanked out if someone were to trip over it. My brother tripped over it the first day i got it and the extension stayed in the Xbox while the plug fell out with no damage. I like that.

I wouldn't buy this controller again, but if you like the lights, then go for it. Just keep in mind that i wrote more cons than pros.
on March 26, 2011
This controller, "Afterglow AX.1 Controller (Blue)," is a solid controller for a great price, and I highly recommend it for those looking to pick up and extra controller or replace one.

Having been using it since my recent purchase via Amazon, this controller feels good, and has the glowing feature to boot. Specifically, the controller is officially licensed by Microsoft, and so the design and feel match that of normal Microsoft 360 controllers. While it is wired, and that can be a turn-off for some people, it works great for me and I'm not replacing batteries on my collegiate budget. The button response feels good (to me), not overly "clicky" or non-existent. It is also proving to be very sturdy, at least from my personal experience.

The other main feature of course is the glowing feature. This particular model glows a sexy/pretty blue color, but also has a 3-way setting, allowing for the glow to be set to run constantly, run only when the controller vibrates (a neat feature), or be turned off entirely.

And finally, it comes with a great price to boot. Unlike other third-party controllers I have tried at the same price, this controller successfully mimics the official Microsoft controllers with the added glow feature and for just over $20.

I hope this review helps answer any questions you might have.
on July 10, 2017
Fantastic! Blue is not overbearing like the red version and it worked right after I plugged it in.
on August 14, 2013
I like to play racing games and this controller is impossible to use with the massive deadzones. I tried as hard as i could to keep the speed steady, but its either full trigger or no trigger. The sticks are p[retty much the same story, unfortunatly.

There is something about the leds and a pc or something because when i plug it in, it blinks red and shuts off. I know its the controller because it worked fine for awhile and started doing that.

I returned one because it was bugging me so much, i just wanted a cheap controller for computer games. The second one has the same problems. Would not recommend, no matter how casual of a gamer (Maybe if you want to let your 4 year old sister use it)
on February 23, 2013
My son and I really like these controllers, we got a blue and a green. They glow like crazy and the colors are cool, but if you move it wrong the led lights shine in your eyes. There is a on/off/vibrate setting though, so you can always just switch it off. Having it on vibrate in a game like Halo 3 where it goes off every time you get hit means you may as well leave it on. Cool feature for the kids I suppose.

Controls work great, buttons are easy, grip is comfortable. The cord is a lot longer than I had even hoped, so that's a plus. All in all a great controller for the price, I just wish they had used some tinted plastic to keep the lights from being too bright.
on March 1, 2011
Alright as some of you read from other reviews the analog sticks are bad at precision actually they arent really but overall it is but to make it great you can buy grips that make it easier to move the analog stick and also you can get used to the setting and move both sticks unlike other players who use 1 stick to move the direction that way it cancels out the sensitivity speed, if you dont know what im talking about and you dont play fps then you need to read that part. If I got to say how the product is I would recommend for kids, teens who arent dumb and just complain and dont try to figure out how to use, and maybe too adults depending on how they play either way I think its great it just takes getting used to unlike what others say I know that the speed movement of the analog stick is fast but you need to move it slightly soft but if you dont like it than I dont know what to tell you.
on June 5, 2011
I love the color blue! I was skeptical of the cord length at first but when it came in and i tried it out it was more than enough. It is about as long as a XBOX wired controller (or a little longer than a N64 Controller.) As your playing: 1. the On option is not distracting 2. the vibrate option is distraction when the story mode is playing 3. the off option ... -_- why would u buy this for the off option. It is very comfortable and the joysticks are durable. There are two blinding spots on the controller that seem to be a desine flaw. The LEDs on the bottom of the right and left sides reflect off the inner plastic making a super bright light in one (two) directions. It is noticeable on the wall behind you but not as you playing so your safe there.
I personally use this controller more than the wireless one and i leave the lights on the On option.