Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "PDP Afterglow Kral PS4 Wireless Headset” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 33% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
About the product
- Compatible with the PlayStation 4, PC and mobile devises
- Uninterrupted connectivity with a range of over 100 feet via Avnera wireless technology and a mini USB transmitter
- Master volume control on the headset's ear cup to allow for easy access
- A flexible, noise-cancelling microphone with audio monitoring allowing you to communicate effectively online
- Comfortable, plush, anatomically-contoured polyurethane ear pads
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
PDP Afterglow Kral PS4 Wireless Headset
Afterglow Kral (translation - "The King") is a new gaming headset from Performance Designed Products, and is designed for use with the PlayStation 4. The headset will also work with PC/Mac and mobile devices.
Use the Afterglow Kral to take on the monstrous competition with clear audio. Light up the night, slay the monsters.
Afterglow Kral Features
Comfort Fit Headband
Afterglow Kral has rich padding for extra comfort. Plush ear cups, thick padding on the headband and a metal adjustment band make Afterglow Kral a comfortable headset, even in long gaming sessions.
Easy to Find Controls
All of the controls for Afterglow Kral are easy-to-find and use, on the back of the left ear cup. A game volume dial, a line in port for use with mobile devices, and a Micro USB charge port to recharge the headset are all included.
The headband on the Afterglow Kral headset can be adjusted thanks to a metal band inside of the headband. With an adjustment point on both sides, the ear cups can be shifted to exactly the right fit.
Slim USB Transmitter
A simple USB transmitter comes with Afterglow Kral, which allows for plug-and-play setup on the PS4 and PC/Mac devices.
The Avnera wireless technology inside provides up to a 100 foot range for games, movies, and music.
|Afterglow Nur||Afterglow Kral||Afterglow Karga||Afterglow Prismatic||Afterglow AG.50|
|Platform Compatibility||PS4, PS3, PC/Mac, Mobile||PS4, PC/Mac, Mobile||Xbox One, PC/Mac, Mobile||PS3, Xbox 360, PC/Mac, Mobile||PS3, Xbox 360, PC/Mac, Mobile|
|Connection Method||2.4 GHz Wireless||2.4 GHz Wireless||Xbox One Chat Adapter (included)||2.4 GHz Wireless||USB, Wired to console|
|Audio Driver Size||50mm||50mm||50mm||50mm||50mm|
|Power Source||Rechargeable Lithium Battery||Rechargeable Lithium Battery||Wired to Xbox One controller||Rechargeable Lithium Battery||Wired USB|
|Mic Style||Boomless||Retractable boom||Retractable boom||Retractable boom||Removable boom|
|Battery Life||10 Hours||10 Hours||No batteries required||10 Hours||No batteries required|
The Afterglow Kral is a wireless PlayStation 4 only headset that offers an outstanding acoustic design, two custom coded audio modes, and an easy to adjust build that allows the player to control volume levels quickly and easily. Direct set up is made possible with a "plug and play" connection, using the included wireless USB transmitter. Users may connect to PCs/Macs via the USB transmitter. The included auxiliary cable also enables users to connect to mobile devises for passive listening.
Top Customer Reviews
-Decent battery life i can get a few days of solid gaming in before it needs to be charged and will work while it is being charged. It can be charged using usb port from plug or from PS4.
-Sound is fantastic! but you will want to play around with the playstation settings to get the right chat to game audio ratio. Mic is good too. My party chat tells me most of the time i sound clear and room sounds arent as bad even when it sounds like a party is going on in my living room.
-Looks cool and nice design.
-Noise cancellation is soo good you can't even hear your own voice.
-Comfort: Not the best fitting headset. It gets a little tight on the head. Ive adjusted it over the year carefully not to break it but giving it a looser feel. playing 6 hours straight can be cumbersome but ive adapted. I have found that wearing a beanie or hoodie on my head under the headset makes it much more comfortable but thats why im giving it 4 stars. This would get 5 if it wasnt for the comfort part. Ive asked friends to see if its just me and they agreed as well. I paid a lot more then that what its listed for now and would say its a great deal.
- Noise cancellation is soo good you cant even hear your own voice. This gets annoying sometimes for party chats when it feels like im screaming because i cant hear my own tone. Often times resulting in moving my ride earphone partially off of my ear. Again wearing a beanie/hoodie on my head gives a little bit of room for some sound to get through so i know when my wife is yelling at me. lol
Again despite its comfort issues i gave it 4 stars. It is a quality product and has worked great over the years. A lot of my teammates were using turtlebeach headsets that were more expensive and have already broken on them. This one has worked excellently for a good year and a half of rigorous gaming.
Would i buy it again? probably not. But i also do not regret buying them as they did exactly what i wanted them to do.
Troubleshooting- Most of the troubleshooting ive found when it comes to mic or sound issues is reconnecting the dongle or turning the device off then on. Most of the time i get sound issues if i turn on the headset before i log into my PS account. Turning the headset off then turning on again usually fixes it.
Problems listed below. None are deal breakers. I love these headphones:
1. Blue light on the sides is obnoxious. I keep them turned off (hold the small mode button till they turn off).
2. The light on the microphone is obnoxious. I wish I could turn this off. It rests right in the corner of my eye which is SO annoying and cannot be turned off like the ear cups. It is blue when active and red when inactive.
3. The parts of my ears inside the cups get sweaty. I don't know if it's me because I keep a fan blowing on high right above me and my body can be cool but inside the cups, sweating and getting sticky. It's gross but I guess unavoidable?