Aftershokz AS300 Wraparound Sport Headphones with Bone Conduction Technology - Dark Gray (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Powered by military special ops bone conduction technology
- Superior comfort - stable wraparound headband
- Street legal - safer for all outdoor activities
- Lightweight, sweat and water-resistant
- Lifetime warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here is what I have figured out:
1. The headphones produce 2 types of sound: air-produced (what I'm used to), and bone-conduction (the new thing and why I bought these)
2. Although I can hear the music when holding the headphones up to my ear like regular headphones, that air-produced sound is greatly reduced when I put the phones on my head against the bone as per instructions.
3. When I wear the phones as per instructions, they don't sound that good with regular audio settings. I made several adjustments and the sound quality was MUCH better.
3a. I use Realtek HD Audio Manager. Within that, I turned on "Ear Protection" which is a sound compression/limiter thing that I don't understand. Normally it makes headphones sound muffled, but with these it actually improved the sound.
3b. Then I turned the "sound effects" setting from "room" to "under water". Again, this normally turns music into muffled garbage, but here it made it much better.
4. What I discovered about the above sound changes was that the less air-produced sound you pump out of the headphone, the more bone conduction sound you get, and the better the headphones sound. So, what would normally make your headphones sound like muffled garbage is a good thing here.
5. The further that I get the phones away from my ear canal, the better they sound,(within reason -about 2 inches away instead of 1/2")
6.Read more ›
I also feel that these are better for my hearing, on noisy indoor tracks I need to have the volume up loud and my ears appreciate the use of the bone technology.
I have been using them for about a month so far and think that these will easily last twice as long as other headphones because of the lack of damage caused by sweat.
The person who gave them a 3 for no volume control is commenting on the wrong product, these have a volume control.
7/20/2012 UPDATE: stopped working after 3 months, would not charge (red light stays on, on charger) submitted support request via the aftershockz web form, heard nothing at all back. Then few days later called and left a message, both times leaving email and phone, heard NOTHING AT ALL. So the company support on this product is not good. I will update this if I hear back at all.
But for now I would NOT buy this unless you only want it for a few months.
7/20/2012 UPDATE: they got back to me by email today and it seems like they are sending new ones. I will update this again.
8/22/2012 UPDATE: had me send them back to them, but have not heard from them. when I asked what was going on they said they are working on making their support better and do plan to send me a pair that works.Read more ›
Great, awesome, working as advertised. First saw these reviewed on GeekBeat.TV, glad I did. I really don't like cup type headsets, to much pressure and they make you sweat. In-ear or buds are better, but can be hard to size, uncomfortable, fall out and hard to keep clean. None of these problems with Aftershkz and you can still hear environmental sounds, good safety feature. Wonderful sound quality, comfortable and more sanitary, sweat not an issue, just wipe off the pads. More goodies: interesting control system powered by rechargeable lithium battery, nifty USB adapter with cool orange light for charging via computer or one of those new AC wall plugs with USB socket that come with many new cell phones. And to top it off, there is a nice, well made carry/storage pouch with Velcro closure. Good investment and I highly recommend Aftershokz for any age group.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What I liked best about them was that I could hear my material AND hear what was going on around me. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Doug Smith
Item broke after my husband used them for less than a week. Product was very misleading.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
I got these 3 years ago and have loved using them. I hike in the Arizona deserts and with all the possible dangers from Rattlesnakes to Mountain Bikers "Mountain Bikers being... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Doc
i like but battery pack went bad in first two mouths would not get againPublished 7 months ago by Mark M.
this is my second pair and the speakers keep blowing out after about four months. They however, are the only headphones that don't tangle or get in my way during my hiit workouts. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
Product works great, sound quality not was I was wanting but overall it is good.
But the company was great, fast shipping and packed well.