Aftershokz AS301 Wraparound Sport Mobile Headphones with Bone Conduction Technology - Dark Gray (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Powered by military special ops bone conduction technology
- Superior comfort - stable wraparound headband
- Street legal - safer for all outdoor activities
- Built in mic automatically activates when a call comes in
- Lifetime warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I bought this directly from the manufacturer because Amazon was out of stock.
I'm hoping they come out with an XL size, and move the darn wire to the outside radius over the ear. If they do: 5 stars!!
I plan to use them at home, at sporting events, in the airport so I can hear the boarding info. Yes, there is bleed over sound so you can't "crank". I have Shure buds for that and for isolation. That's likely the best way to think about these. If you want isolation these aren't the tool. The bone conduction adds a unique level of musical engagement while still being connected to the outside world.
I forgot to mention they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Since they sit in front of the ear they can remain in place even when not in use.
One unique point for musicians: I play trumpet and sometimes want to practice with MP3, for example along with an orchestra for classical. These are the first headphones where I can hear the music and myself both clearly. A really nice feature of musicians.
The headphones fit me perfectly but they are not adjustable. If you have an average size head you should not have any problems. I did not take off any stars for that because I did not have any problems but I thought it was worth mentioned for those of you who might be wondering.
I plan on keeping the headphones because they will be fine for biking but I had planned on using them in public places and that is not an option if you don't want others hearing your conversation.
I just sent an email to the company a few minutes ago. If/when they respond I will update to let you know what they say.
But with these, I was having a blast. I could ride, talk to people, do almost anything. I could hear my music, but also hear everyone and everything else. I could even use it to answer calls - which I would usually ignore before.
I liked them so much I got some for some friends. But then, I started to run into problems.
1) It really would be great if these were bluetooth as the wire can be a hassle at times.
2) The conector at the end of the wire (that plugs into my phone) has gotten picky and needs to be jiggled now and then or I can't hear anything.
3) The box that controls the headphones needs to be located somewhere else. Where it is makes it hard to connect to my collar and still have enough cable to reach the phone comfortably when riding.
4) Major problem - while the headset seems to work just fine, no matter how much I sweat, the controller box thingy does NOT. So if you are going to do anything that involves sweating, consider mouting the controller box thingy in a way that it won't get wet. If it does, there goes your headphones and sound quality.
5) It would be nice if there were some way to adjust the volumn on the control box thingy (since it is used to turn it on/off and to answer/make phone calls.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It works like advertised; but, the volume must be turned up a bit on the sending device. It's great for riding a bicycle for a long period of time, and not having your ears... Read morePublished 1 month ago by David A. Watson
Didn't work with the device I wanted to use it with so returned quickly. .Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I am really impressed with these headphones. I wasn't sure how they would work for me, and so I ordered the cheapest model I could. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
These are great until they stop working. All earbuds fail in time. Save your packing materials and return it when it's done; their return policy is great. Read morePublished 11 months ago by S J Kurtz
I bought two pairs and both Malfunctioned within two-three weeks of use.Published 15 months ago by Daran L.