Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 377 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 823 reviews
on September 15, 2017
So happy to find these. I've just read my first Agatha Christie book beginning with Murder At The Vicarage. Who could not love Jane Marple. Then, began the first show this morning. I am in love with the characters all. And the format of the movies; the British flavor which is always satisfying. The acting and characters such that I've no doubt I will come back again and again or I will miss them all. I see that there are other Ms Marple's, but this one s going to be a best friend type for many years ahead.
on August 30, 2017
My favorite versions of "Vicarage" & "Announced".
Love Dolly & Griselda. Villages are gorgeous. Neighbors, charming as I imagined.
Sets & colors are bright & electric! Acting, great!
I used to be persnickety & uptight when it came to movie/television versions of my
favorite books, now Emma Thompson or Harry Styles could be Miss Marple & I'd
just be happy to watch. Guess I've mellowed...
on September 19, 2016
First I found POIROT then wonder of wonders MS. MARPLE. RED LETTER DAYS are BACK. this proves one can still find stimulating
TV series and not settle for what's thrown out today and served up as entertainment. MS. Marple's character does not sit and wonder she still uses her logic and time doing something she loves. I know these were MS. CHISTE's made up characters but I can't help but believe she like POIROT
was based on a real person. I love these episodes and am watching them together. ACORN , British tv, movies, etc. cannot be beat. in my opinion.
on January 14, 2017
Great who's who of British actors including Mark Gatiss.
on November 6, 2016
GREAT Miss Marple. Joan Hickman WAS Miss Marple to me and I think many other fans. But I truly enjoyed all episodes of Series I, 2 and 3 with Geraldine McEwan. Not only is she fantastic, the supporting cast is also superb. But what I enjoyed most was the outstanding Screenwriting for all episodes. For the "purest" out there you are going to be a little disappointed, but for the others this was a fresh take on all Miss Marple stories but yet maintained the Christie "touch." The villain remained the villain and the lovers the lovers but there was a fresh and slightly different take on each of the plots. And it was done SO WELL that I actually looked forward to watching another episode to see what quirks and changes had been made. BOTTOM LINE: If you are a Miss Marple fan, these are not to be missed.
on January 13, 2017
All around delightful series. Miss Marple is the quintessential nosy old lady and she does it with such class.
on October 3, 2015
I had seen the old Ms. Marple and many of the programs are duplicates of those old Ms. Marple's but these programs looked quite fresh and the acting was wonderful.
on December 16, 2016
This was well produced and acted. The story kept you guessing right to the end, which is what I really enjoy in a murder mystery. I was somewhat put-off by the idea that the teleplay apparently had a different perpetrator commit the crime from what Agatha Christie had originally written; it just seems sacrilegious. The plot seemed contrived, but the characters were interesting and the settings were enjoyable.
on May 10, 2017
Excellent video with the great Geraldine McEwan. My favorite Miss Marple. I highly recommend this video and this wonderful actress.
on December 16, 2016
Absolutely wonderful. Captured my attention from the first scene to the end. Unique portrayals of both main character and supporting characters. Beautiful landscapes, gorgeous views, detailed and impressive indoor scenes. Really felt like each scene was honest both in the settings and the roles. Loved it and look forward to more seasons of this wonderful series.